Network Vision/LTE - Richmond & Southern Virginia Markets

darrellbooker

Got LTE on Mechanicsville Tnpk in the shopping center with American Family. Sorry don't know how to map it on Sensorly.

If you have the sensorly app just hit map trip and start. Not sure if that's available on iPhone or not but if it is then that's how you'd do it :)

• Like 1

Did a speed test yesterday while in line at the post office.  5.06 download 3.18 upload ping 54

Thanks! I did my own speed test while I was out and about in the willow lawn area. 40 ms ping, 16.91 Mbps download, and 3.6 Mbps upload. 

• 5 weeks later...

Hey guys. I'm in the Tri-City area (Petersburg, Hopewell, Colonial Heights) about 20 miles south of Richmond and I was getting LTE in Chester around the end of July-beginning of August and have seen no improvement since then.  I know some of you have experienced some improvements on the Northside of RVA but do we know why we haven't seen any work done in the Tri-City area yet?  There have only been 2 towers in Chester that have been updated for LTE and that was mapped mid summer.  Just curious as to why it seems like work has stopped around my area.

I personally have seen a huge improvement on 64 going towards the west end and downtown express way (which is of course mapped). I also have seen a lot of testing towers on the east end on Henrico, that are no longer on right now, and in chesterfield as well. From what I've heard, a lot of towers in this market are LTE completed but will not be turned on until eCFSB + 3G Network Vision gets completed on those same towers. Hopefully once they roll back around and complete the 3G, they'll have a huge single time frame of acceptances come in. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I've had an LTE phone for almost 2 years, and still don't have 4G where I live (Mechanicsvile) or where I work (Ashland, near VCC).  I'm eligible for an upgrade next month, so it might be time to switch carriers.

What is the speed/quality of your 3G?

I just ran a test 10 times with an average of 32210 kb/s.

That can't be right... that's approximately 32 Mb/s  do you mean 3210 kb/s ? Or are you connected to Wifi while testing? Either way both of those speeds are fast for 3G. 

If you became a sponsor, you'd be able to see all the amazing progress the Richmond market is finally seeing. Honestly, since your contract ends 4 months after your upgrade date, I would wait and see the amazing progress that comes over the next few months. 

• Like 1

That can't be right... that's approximately 32 Mb/s do you mean 3210 kb/s ? Or are you connected to Wifi while testing? Either way both of those speeds are fast for 3G.

If you became a sponsor, you'd be able to see all the amazing progress the Richmond market is finally seeing. Honestly, since your contract ends 4 months after your upgrade date, I would wait and see the amazing progress that comes over the next few months.

Ok, I just downloaded and ran Ookla Speed Test...getting .76 mb/s download,.40 upload.

• 2 weeks later...

I am tired of Sprints slow development cycle and poor service. In three months when my plan is finished I am either going with Verizon or AT&T. Sprint seems to be all PR and nothing behind the PR. Any other suggestions?

I am tired of Sprints slow development cycle and poor service. In three months when my plan is finished I am either going with Verizon or AT&T. Sprint seems to be all PR and nothing behind the PR. Any other suggestions?

Yes, do not make a post just to announce that you are going to leave.  S4GRU is not Sprint, and we do not host Sprint complaints here.

AJ

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Is the Roanoke/Smith Mountain Lake area part of the Richmond market?

Nope, we are in Ntelos land which suuuuucccckkks and it doesn't look good for us any time soon.

See...

http://www.s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4897-LTE---nTelos-(West-Virginia,-N&W-Virginia)-(not-Network-Vision)

LTE - nTelos (West Virginia, N&W Virginia) (not Network Vision)

Sent from my "Up All Night Sleep All Day" Nexus 5!

Edited by mpgrimm2
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Richmond is the final lte frontier.

Some might argue it is Honolulu, Denver, Albuquerque or Western Pennsylvania.  At least Richmond has some peripheral LTE and some B41 LTE.  Denver is the largest city with virtually no LTE, Honolulu has no Network Vision LTE...but Albuquerque and Western PA have no LTE at all!

Robert

Some might argue it is Honolulu, Denver, Albuquerque or Western Pennsylvania.  At least Richmond has some peripheral LTE and some B41 LTE.  Denver is the largest city with virtually no LTE, Honolulu has no Network Vision LTE...but Albuquerque and Western PA have no LTE at all!

Robert

Greater Sacramento areas ~2.4 million people (2,500,000 - 100,000 to account for a few 4G only sites in Roseville activated 8 months ago) beg to differ... 

Greater Sacramento areas ~2.4 million people (2,500,000 - 100,000 to account for a few 4G only sites in Roseville activated 8 months ago) beg to differ... 

I can't believe I forgot about Sactown!

Robert