Sprint LTE August 2012 Schedule Maps

Your company? Do you have Verizon or Sprint?

Your statement of Sprint is like a Caveman using rocks and sticks is really ridiculous. Sprint is deploying a more state of the art network than Verizon has. And you are in an active deployment area. What do you expect? This seems like you are trolling.

Robert

I am not trolling

I am very unhappy with the sprint network over the last 3yrs.

I am a former sero account and still have that status under the new plan

I have 4 andriods = 2 evo and 2 SIII which are my personal accounts.

I have 1 Verizonwireless LTE Smartphone which nails 22megs up and down regardless of where in FTW TX I am.

I also have a VZW Pantec LTE mobile usb getting same speeds

I tested the sprint LTE mobile usb and only got 3g

For the last 2.3yrs none of my sprint evo 4G got 4G unless I was next to a known tower in which I got 10megs up and down.

IF I drove more than a mile from those towers I was back to 3g.

My issue with sprint is the lack of followup with getting the general area tweaked.

I can be sitting anywhere North of 820 on Jacksboro hwy or along boatclub roads in specific and have poor reception.

Today I was sitting at firehouse azle/boatclub watching my SIII go between 3g no bars and 4g no bars. It took 8min

to try and download a 3meg app. My vwz was on lte at the time and again got 22megs.

Since Im stuck in contracts Im going to make it a nice but loud issue that there are flaws and until sprint fixes them

I will continue to make it known.

Hey if sprint fixes the issues EVEN WITH THE 3G Im ok with it for now until LTE is completed in early 2013.

I am a network manager and I have 6 ways to the internet just from my home office.

I deal with the telco business offices all day long so I know this is a problem that needs to be addressed.

Edited by gz007

I am not trolling

I am very unhappy with the sprint network over the last 3yrs.

I am a former sero account and still have that status under the new plan

I have 4 andriods = 2 evo and 2 SIII which are my personal accounts.

I have 1 Verizonwireless LTE Smartphone which nails 22megs up and down regardless of where in FTW TX I am.

I also have a VZW Pantec LTE mobile usb getting same speeds

I tested the sprint LTE mobile usb and only got 3g

For the last 2.3yrs none of my sprint evo 4G got 4G unless I was next to a known tower in which I got 10megs up and down.

IF I drove more than a mile from those towers I was back to 3g.

My issue with sprint is the lack of followup with getting the general area tweaked.

I can be sitting anywhere North of 820 on Jacksboro hwy or along boatclub roads in specific and have poor reception.

Today I was sitting at firehouse azle/boatclub watching my SIII go between 3g no bars and 4g no bars. It took 8min

to try and download a 3meg app. My vwz was on lte at the time and again got 22megs.

Since Im stuck in contracts Im going to make it a nice but loud issue that there are flaws and until sprint fixes them

Hey if sprint fixes the issues EVEN WITH THE 3G Im ok with it for now until LTE is completed in early 2013.

I am a network manager and I have 6 ways to the internet just from my home office.

I deal with the telco business offices all day long so I know this is a problem that needs to be addressed.

OK. If you are willing to wait until early 2013, then continue waiting. You are in an active deployment zone. You will see lots of issues. But over the whole market it will get better week after week, with more and more coverage. It will be largely complete by Q1 2013.

Robert

• Like 1

I can respect that. Can I ask a favor though? Can you please not make it a nice but loud issue here?

• Like 4

Lots of stuff

This is a forum providing information, knowledge, and updates. No one here (that I know of) works for Sprint or has any influence over coverage or roll outs or network problems. If you are having problems with Sprint in your area, please contact customer support and escalate to engineering. If you have good speed late in the night, but bad during the day/evening, then you might be looking at over loaded carriers or overloaded backhaul. Network Vision should resolve both, but neither can be resolved at S4GRU.

You can also look at network.sprint.com to see if any additional "bandaid" fixes are being rolled out before NV at your sites.

You are not getting 22 Mbps upload speeds consistently, nor do you get 10 Mbps upload speeds on the EVO 4G.

• Like 3

We have had ALU reports of 800 in LA Metro, DC and Baltimore markets too. It's not a vendor issue, but rather a spectrum availability issue, by market. I have not had any Ericsson 800 reports yet. But I'm going to be searching for some in Texas this Labor Day weekend.

Robert

I will be doing the same in TX that weekend.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

• Like 1

I am glad to see that parts of Cape Cod, MA are part of this upgrade.

Since Sprint has been unable to give me a straight answer so far, does anyone know if during the process of the new equipment going live is the old equipment taken offline first?

I was in a "good" coverage area according to Sprints coverage map, but now the maps say I am in a "fair" coverage area which has drasitcially changed my signal quality etc.

The maps you have on here showing upgrade locations is great! I wish Sprint would update their maps! Your maps indicate my area is due to be upgraded, yet Sprints map indicates my zip code is due to receive no upgrades!

Keep the updates on progress coming! You have a great website going here!

Chris

Sprint's maps at network.sprint.com only show "band-aid" fixes and not NV work. There are several threads on here discussing that topic.

As to your questions on removal of old equipment first, the answer is no. The schedules typically show that old equipment is removed about 45 days or so after the new equipment comes online. Sprint has to accept the site first and test to make sure things are working before turning off the old equipment. Otherwise they'd have a disaster on their hands.

You are not getting 22 Mbps upload speeds consistently, nor do you get 10 Mbps upload speeds on the EVO 4G.

I've seen 20/20 or so on most speed tests I've done with my iPad in Austin. It's not out of the question to get a few Mbps more than that on VZW's 10x10 LTE network if you're in a less-loaded area.

I will agree on the Evo though; upload speeds have been capped at 1 Mbps or 1.5 Mbps for a long time now.

I highly doubt NYC will look like that come the end of August. I'm very disappointed in the progress there. It is going way too slow. Let's see what happens in August.

I know how you feel up here in Westchester.

Sprint's maps at network.sprint.com only show "band-aid" fixes and not NV work. There are several threads on here discussing that topic.

As to your questions on removal of old equipment first, the answer is no. The schedules typically show that old equipment is removed about 45 days or so after the new equipment comes online. Sprint has to accept the site first and test to make sure things are working before turning off the old equipment. Otherwise they'd have a disaster on their hands.

I don't know about removing equipment, but Sprint customer service has admitted to me on several occasions that whatever upgrading they are doing is affecting signal quality in areas that had "good" coverage.

Any reason why these markets are falling so far behind??

I don't know if I would characterize any market as "so far" behind schedule. In most instances, the issue is a site-by-site issue. Site backhaul deployment is not going as fast as originally scheduled. Backhaul is not something Sprint can do anything about. They are not installing it themselves. They are at the mercy of ILEC's, cable companies and other backhaul vendors to get the work installed ahead of the site work.

However, in your market, Chicago, Sprint is still on schedule per the latest update.

Robert

Service in Chicago is running painful at the moment. Full bars, and roaming Yesterday and today, unable to complete calls due to unavailable service or just flat out dropping calls as dialing begins. Is this because the towers are coming online for LTE in the next week or so? is there an actual date for the turn on in Chicago or is it sometime in September thing? We are getting zero answers from our sprint rep per usual.

:tu: So i defer to the experts here for an answer. :tu:

Oddly, data seems to be functioning OK. However it is Roaming data plan in place even though i am a block from a tower i can see out our window. :(

Edited by NefariousFool

Joking aside, I have done some very minimal spectrum analysis of SMR 800/900 MHz in my home market of Kansas City. The challenge is that the true TDMA airlinks -- GSM, iDEN, and IS-136 TDMA -- are difficult to resolve fully. Only the frequencies that transmit control channels are powered up full time.

For example, I could have my spectrum analyzer on an iDEN site and see only one 25 kHz iDEN 800 channel -- a control channel -- because no traffic is active at the time on the site. Thus, it might appear that the site is using only one 25 kHz x 25 kHz of SMR 800 MHz spectrum. However, if the site is loaded, perhaps 10 other 25 kHz x 25 kHz channels carrying traffic could spring to life.

So, you could say that TDMA airlink spectrum usage is highly temporal, and that makes my observations with only $3000 worth of semi pro equipment typically incomplete.

AJ

Don't forget that some of the new 800 mhz public safety radio systems are also tdma and in the 700 mhz band also.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Service in Chicago is running painful at the moment. Full bars, and roaming Yesterday and today, unable to complete calls due to unavailable service or just flat out dropping calls as dialing begins. Is this because the towers are coming online for LTE in the next week or so? is there an actual date for the turn on in Chicago or is it sometime in September thing? We are getting zero answers from our sprint rep per usual.

:tu: So i defer to the experts here for an answer. :tu:

Oddly, data seems to be functioning OK. However it is Roaming data plan in place even though i am a block from a tower i can see out our window. :(

LTE is not coming online throughout Chicago in the next week or so. I have also updated the NV Running List thread to extend the anticipated Chicago launch date to October. I can't see Sprint launching LTE without any sites live in the Loop, yet.

You will experience all kinds of issues with service while NV work is going on in your area. Soon, it will get better and better every week until you are left with vastly superior service than before upgrades.

LTE will continue to come live and disappear all throughout the Greater Chicagoland area until the market is formally launched.

Robert

LTE is not coming online throughout Chicago in the next week or so. I have also updated the NV Running List thread to extend the anticipated Chicago launch date to October. I can't see Sprint launching LTE without any sites live in the Loop, yet.

You will experience all kinds of issues with service while NV work is going on in your area. Soon, it will get better and better every week until you are left with vastly superior service than before upgrades.

LTE will continue to come live and disappear all throughout the Greater Chicagoland area until the market is formally launched.

Robert

'anticipated Chicago launch date to October'. Has anyone found an anticipated launch date (month) for LA yet? I dont remember having seen one; could be wrong. Please link it if you do. Thanks!

'anticipated Chicago launch date to October'. Has anyone found an anticipated launch date (month) for LA yet? I dont remember having seen one; could be wrong. Please link it if you do. Thanks!

If Sprint had announced one, it would be an "Announced Launch Date." Since Sprint has not announced one, S4GRU has gone through the Network Vision schedule try to best determine a launch date based on current production rates. So the "Anticipated Launch Date" is a S4GRU estimate.

Robert

If Sprint had announced one, it would be an "Announced Launch Date." Since Sprint has not announced one, S4GRU has gone through the Network Vision schedule try to best determine a launch date based on current production rates. So the "Anticipated Launch Date" is a S4GRU estimate.

Robert

Gotcha.. What would that be for LA?

New panels and RRUs going in on KC03SW114. All 3 sectors being worked on today.

not sure why the image isn't loading...

https://www.dropbox....l1/DSC00253.JPG

I've never seen a two in the front/one in the back RRU scenario. Neato. Thanks.

Robert

I've never seen a two in the front/one in the back RRU scenario. Neato. Thanks.

Robert

No prob. I thought about stopping and asking if they will be doing any other towers while they are here. Not sure if they would tell me that info.