Sprint LTE August 2012 Schedule Maps

Any idea how towers are looking in Southern CT and Westchester County? 3G is horrible here' date=' can rarely get over 30 Kbps.[/quote']

does anyone have information on LA orange county calif.?

Both are second round markets that should start having sites come online in late 2012. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/212-network-visionlte-deployment-running-list/

Please see the FAQ here http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1704-frequently-asked-questions/

Both are second round markets that should start having sites come online in late 2012. http://s4gru.com/ind...t-running-list/

Please see the FAQ here http://s4gru.com/ind...sked-questions/

Thanks for that info, I've been a long time lurker so I've seen those links. I just wanted to know if any cell sites were going live since I believe westchester was supposed to be deployed with NYC where sites are going live now.

Thanks again.

Thanks for that info, I've been a long time lurker so I've seen those links. I just wanted to know if any cell sites were going live since I believe westchester was supposed to be deployed with NYC where sites are going live now.

Thanks again.

I guess that depends on if you are in CT or Westchester County NY... If in CT, unless you are right on the border of NY, you will not see NV yet as the New York market stops at the border of CT and the towers in CT are not being deployed until the Southern CT market kicks off. If you are in NY, see here for sites that are scheduled to come online in August http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1711-sprint-lte-august-2012-schedule-maps/page__hl__%2Bnew+%2Byork__fromsearch__1

Is it just me or does the Chicago map seem to have a big vacant area in the main downtown area? It seems like the City of Chicago border has absolutely no tower updates. Does this mean that will the area completed last (since I would doubt they would light up LTE without downtown coverage)?

Or, have I missed something really simple?

Edited by gof

Is it just me or does the Chicago map seem to have a big vacant area in the main downtown area? It seems like the City of Chicago border has absolutely no tower updates. Does this mean that will the area completed last (since I would doubt they would light up LTE without downtown coverage)?

Or' date=' have I missed something really simple?[/quote']

It was always planned to be that way. Starts from the outside and work inward.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

Any S4GRU member who complains like a diva about Network Vision and/or LTE availability needs to be met each time with this video clip.

"I want it NOW!"

AJ

Well Sprint IS the NOW network.

Any LTE updates for Oregon?

Any LTE updates for Oregon?

I am not aware of any changes since our article. Work will likely start this Fall in the Oregon market.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Any Boston update; specificallty, does the news of some fleeting LTE service from North of the city earlier this month indicate a roll out is imminent?

No. But you will continue to see more LTE sites go live. And as long as they don't block them, they will be usable. However, Sprint has said they will announce a market launch date at least 45 days out from launch. And Sprint has never formally made one peep about Boston. I think October 1st is the earliest you can expect a Boston launch. But it will probably be later.

But if you get LTE before the launch, use it! Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Robert

I live up in the FTWorth Tx 76179 and had words with advanced tech support today with regards to

solid 3g signals from Lake worth Tx - North up to Eagle Mtn Lake.

Im using 2 new samsung SIII phones for the record.

I was told that the LTE tower in Saginaw tx has been down for power problems now over a week with no etr.

The 3g tower at Bailey Boswell rd & Boat club was due for 4G lte june of 2012 which has been revised to end of aug 2012. Im not holding my breath.

My 3g signals show -88 to -101dbm even in the open outdoors.

Im going to nicely start hounding sprint support for lack of any solid services in the general FTW area as I have also notice its slow with dropouts in downtown and even the hulen area around hwys 20 and 30.

My company VZW 4G LTE always gets 4bars with 22meg up and down network speeds.

Sprint is like a caveman using sticks and rocks.

Keep you posted.

My company VZW 4G LTE always gets 4bars with 22meg up and down network speeds.

Sprint is like a caveman using sticks and rocks.

Your company? Do you have Verizon or Sprint?

Your statement of Sprint is like a Caveman using rocks and sticks is really ridiculous. Sprint is deploying a more state of the art network than Verizon has. And you are in an active deployment area. What do you expect? This seems like you are trolling.

Robert

• Like 3

Is Samsung the only vendor using/testing 800mhz right now and when should we see the other vendors start.

We have had ALU reports of 800 in LA Metro, DC and Baltimore markets too. It's not a vendor issue, but rather a spectrum availability issue, by market. I have not had any Ericsson 800 reports yet. But I'm going to be searching for some in Texas this Labor Day weekend.

Robert

We have had ALU reports of 800 in LA Metro, DC and Baltimore markets too. It's not a vendor issue, but rather a spectrum availability issue, by market. I have not had any Ericsson 800 reports yet. But I'm going to be searching for some in Texas this Labor Day weekend.

Robert

Has AJ or anyone done an analysis of available 800Mhz spectrum to try and figure out who may be getting 3G/800 right away and who will need to wait for Nextel shutdown in July '13

Has AJ or anyone done an analysis of available 800Mhz spectrum to try and figure out who may be getting 3G/800 right away and who will need to wait for Nextel shutdown in July '13

This is impossible to do. We have no idea in what markets Sprint has cleared Channel 476 from the iDEN network. And this can even be done remotely, by just turning off iDEN carriers. We would need to know Sprint's plans.

Robert

If anyone is willing to pay me to take a sabbatical from my teaching position and cover my expenses for the year, I will be more than happy to travel the country with my spectrum analyzer, documenting the extent of SMR 800 MHz spectrum freed up as the iDEN shut down progresses.

;)

Otherwise, we are at the mercy of other sources and/or just have to wait for next July.

AJ

• Like 1

If anyone is willing to pay me to take a sabbatical from my teaching position and cover my expenses for the year, I will be more than happy to travel the country with my spectrum analyzer, documenting the extent of SMR 800 MHz spectrum freed up as the iDEN shut down progresses.

;)

Otherwise, we are at the mercy of other sources and/or just have to wait for next July.

AJ

If I had the money I would. You've done such extensive analysis on the PCS Spectrum, I was hoping there might be some data available to do the same for SMR

Robert do you know in advance of there putting up 800 or do you just find out when you get the updates.

I only know definitively when I get an update from Sprint or we get members reporting it in the field.

Robert

This is impossible to do. We have no idea in what markets Sprint has cleared Channel 476 from the iDEN network. And this can even be done remotely, by just turning off iDEN carriers. We would need to know Sprint's plans.

Robert

Can't you prod your contacts for that data? ;)

If I had the money I would. You've done such extensive analysis on the PCS Spectrum, I was hoping there might be some data available to do the same for SMR

Joking aside, I have done some very minimal spectrum analysis of SMR 800/900 MHz in my home market of Kansas City. The challenge is that the true TDMA airlinks -- GSM, iDEN, and IS-136 TDMA -- are difficult to resolve fully. Only the frequencies that transmit control channels are powered up full time.

For example, I could have my spectrum analyzer on an iDEN site and see only one 25 kHz iDEN 800 channel -- a control channel -- because no traffic is active at the time on the site. Thus, it might appear that the site is using only one 25 kHz x 25 kHz of SMR 800 MHz spectrum. However, if the site is loaded, perhaps 10 other 25 kHz x 25 kHz channels carrying traffic could spring to life.

So, you could say that TDMA airlink spectrum usage is highly temporal, and that makes my observations with only $3000 worth of semi pro equipment typically incomplete.

AJ