Sprint LTE August 2012 Schedule Maps

Hmm what should I do when I catch my first LTE signal in the Baltimore area?

Thanks for the August Maps.

Let's hope it puts them right back on schedule with the rollout so they can start on the other 35000 towers.

Whew! how would like to wake up to that work order?

I used to ride Mt Bikes with a tower tech guy he was looney tunes.

I put the clutch in on a 40' ladder I can't imagine a 400' Boomer.

Thanks for posting the maps, they are awesome. I actually did not expect to see this many sites in NYC that are supposed to launch, so it is exceeding my expectations. Can't wait for the actual launch!

For some reason not able to view those maps...is anything going on in Omaha, Ne?

The interactive maps are for Sponsors. There is a sponsorship link at the top of the main Forums page.

Well worth the investment to keep this Site going and get access to more content.

...is anything going on in Omaha, Ne?

The College World Series. But I think that is the only thing that ever happens in Omaha.

;)

AJ

Thanks again for the maps.

I remember reading that Sprint was doing an aggressive buildout and that they were holding that schedule. Now it seems as if there are very large swaths of delayed towers (at least in my city of Houston).

My question is, what could be causing them to miss their deadlines by such large margins?

Thanks again for the maps.

I remember reading that Sprint was doing an aggressive buildout and that they were holding that schedule. Now it seems as if there are very large swaths of delayed towers (at least in my city of Houston).

My question is, what could be causing them to miss their deadlines by such large margins?

Read this post by Robert in the Sponsor forum version of this topic and it should help you understand better:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1708-sprint-lte-august-2012-schedule-map-for-sponsors/page__view__findpost__p__36014

• Like 1

The maps provide a good visual, but to me all that I can see is that there are a huge number of sites that are behind schedule. I know after the earnings report that some sites are waiting on backhaul, some on birds, but I would assume that some are just behind schedule... Now that we have the Q2 earnings report, does anyone think that sprint will spend a little more money to get the deployments up to schedule, or will they just allow them to run behind?

The maps provide a good visual, but to me all that I can see is that there are a huge number of sites that are behind schedule. I know after the earnings report that some sites are waiting on backhaul, some on birds, but I would assume that some are just behind schedule... Now that we have the Q2 earnings report, does anyone think that sprint will spend a little more money to get the deployments up to schedule, or will they just allow them to run behind?

It's not quite that easy to quantify. S4GRU marks a site as complete when Sprint accepts the site from the OEM. That's when we find out about them. For all we know, most or all the red ones could be complete with all construction activity, but there is something preventing them from being accepted. And it could be something very minor.

It is entirely possible that a whole bunch clear all at once. We are not in the position to say that Sprint and their OEM's are behind schedule, or to what degree. All we know is the sites that have been accepted by Sprint to date, but were scheduled to be complete.

I have seen Sprint documents that say that they WILL NOT accept a site complete until the OEM meets every single criteria as outlined in the contract. Sprint's acceptance of a site marks when the OEM can invoice for the work. So Sprint does not have an incentive to mark a site complete if it is not 100%. Once Sprint releases payment, they have nothing to hold over the OEM as incentive to go back and take care of anything that may be subpar.

Robert

• Like 1

I am cooling my heels waiting in Austin (at IBM), and Round Rock (78681) for LTE. I do see eHRPD carriers now, and I assume that's a good sign.

Thanks for the update. I see all my towers on the map (past due). I did notice within the last 3 or 4 days that i'm now connecting with eHRPD though, so they're making progress at least.

• Like 1

Question...I'm fairly noobish to the tower game, but if I think I've located a tower serving LTE, and it isn't listed on the completed sites, past due sites, or planned new sites, what is it? Can you verify it is an LTE site, and what do you need to do so? I've read repeatedly about the apps be it CDMA field test or open signal being highly inaccurate, but if they give me a general sense of direction of the tower, and I drive in that direction and find a tower visible, with no others around and I get LTE under it, then I suspect it's the real deal. Does that mean Sprint hasn't accepted it yet? I'm just trying to verify if my dead reckoning method is working. :D BTW from the maps update, I can see why I got nothing in downtown Atlanta or on my commute down I-85. Looks like it's coming soon though!

I am in the Jacksonville Fl market and Ericsson was working on a site last week and in that time that added two microway antennas' date=' in the bushnell Fl area.[/quote']

Jacksonville market has begun deployment. They just are not scheduled to have any sites go live with LTE in August. I believe its early September. However, maybe they will get a little ahead of schedule? They are also actively deploying in the SW Florida market too.

Over the next few months, all of Florida is going to start lighting up like a Christmas tree (except the Panhandle). It will be an exciting place.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

• Like 2

Have we heard any more on what phase Sprint at on updating their network in Oklahoma to LTE?? Also is there a list or map that shows current towers so forth per state so forth?? Great Site plus looks like you guys do a good job of keeping up to date with what Sprint is doing with their network so keep up the good work.. :)

Have we heard any more on what phase Sprint at on updating their network in Oklahoma to LTE?? Also is there a list or map that shows current towers so forth per state so forth?? Great Site plus looks like you guys do a good job of keeping up to date with what Sprint is doing with their network so keep up the good work.. :)

Oklahoma appears that it will slot right in after the second round. Work will likely begin this Winter. The design is complete, its just a matter of getting any permitting done, logistics worked out and backhaul deployment under way. I would think maybe it would start this Fall, but without seeing detailed schedules yet for this market, I would have to conclude it wood be this Winter at the soonest. Stay tuned.

In the Sponsors section of the forum, there are maps of all sites to receive NV upgrades as well as maps that show all sites completed with NV upgrades.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Oklahoma appears that it will slot right in after the second round. Work will likely begin this Winter. The design is complete, its just a matter of getting any permitting done, logistics worked out and backhaul deployment under way. I would think maybe it would start this Fall, but without seeing detailed schedules yet for this market, I would have to conclude it wood be this Winter at the soonest. Stay tuned.

In the Sponsors section of the forum, there are maps of all sites to receive NV upgrades as well as maps that show all sites completed with NV upgrades.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Ok thanks for the info.. :)