OTA coming for EVO next few days...

Crimson01

This just goes to show how user experiences can vary so widely with these devices. I have never had any issues with how the EvoLTE multitasks. Forum Runner never reloads when I go back and forth. Only rarely do I get a web page reload if I leave and come back, and even then it's almost immediate and I'm right back where I was. I often leave a web login page, open up LastPass and copy a password then go back to the web page to paste in the password without issue. I also haven't had a single wifi issue since the OTA.

I don't discount these other experiences. They are just as valid for you as mine is for me. It's just so hard to judge if it is an issue with specific units or a problem across the whole device line.

• Like 1

This just goes to show how user experiences can vary so widely with these devices. I have never had any issues with how the EvoLTE multitasks. Forum Runner never reloads when I go back and forth. Only rarely do I get a web page reload if I leave and come back, and even then it's almost immediate and I'm right back where I was. I often leave a web login page, open up LastPass and copy a password then go back to the web page to paste in the password without issue. I also haven't had a single wifi issue since the OTA.

I don't discount these other experiences. They are just as valid for you as mine is for me. It's just so hard to judge if it is an issue with specific units or a problem across the whole device line.

This is why we should all go to the Iphone because the handsets are identical and their aren't issues like this. LOL just kidding

This is why we should all go to the Iphone because the handsets are identical and their aren't issues like this. LOL just kidding

No thanks, you couldn't pay me to go to an iPhone...ugghh....iTunes.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

• Like 2

No thanks, you couldn't pay me to go to an iPhone...ugghh....iTunes.

Same here. My brother just upgraded to the 4s on sprint and I just shook my head at him. He's like " What?" and I just walked away with a look of desgust.

Don't have any issues with my iPhone. AirPlay works awesome on all my iOS devices. No complaints! It just works. Maybe a little boring as a phone but I'd rather have quality. And you can always jailbreak it if you want to have widgets n stuff.

Don't have any issues with my iPhone. AirPlay works awesome on all my iOS devices. No complaints! It just works. Maybe a little boring as a phone but I'd rather have quality. And you can always jailbreak it if you want to have widgets n stuff.

Well there is the fact that I can't stand how Apple comes out with something a year after another company and then sues the other company for patent infringement. Or how about lying in their advertising about being the fastest, the highest resolution, the thinest, and the bestest. I can't stand Apple. No offense to those who own apple products it is just the company as a whole is crap. They make products that are behind in technology and they want you to believe it is the latest and greatest.

Quality hmmm. I don't want to have to jail break my phone just to have widgets. I will stick with a phone that allows me to have what widgets I want and where I want them at stock. I need more than widgets though. I need freedom to do pretty much what I want to do. Can you tell which apple product gives me that? Don't get me wrong apple has done a few things correct like keeping every phone looking exactly the same so we can pick out the naive who bought into apple's advertising and just kept with apple because it is the only and most bestest thing out there.

No my kind sir it is not a little bit of a boring phone it is basically an IPod touch with the ability to connect to 3G and make phone calls. Then when someone has a better product to launch apple sues them for an injuction so the product may not be sold at all in a country. That is what you support when you buy apple products. Not a boring phone a boring good for nothing company.

Sorry just get carried away when someone tells me to buy an apple product that only half works. I went back and edited it because I was really really mean the first time I wrote it and I felt really really bad so I toned it down quite a bit.

Back to topic. Anyone seen the OTA yet/

Lets not get ranty. We don't allow anti-Sprint rants, so we probably shouldn't allow anti-Apple rants either. Thanks.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• Like 3

Lets not get ranty. We don't allow anti-Sprint rants, so we probably shouldn't allow anti-Apple rants either. Thanks.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Sorry. Just gets me sometimes because I don't go on about how superior my phone is to others and then just leave the topic. This is because I think essentially all phones are very similar(in the account of they do for the most part what they are supposed to do) and really comes down to your interests, likes and dislikes.

I understand wanting to be part of the conversation but if the topic is speaking of an OTA for a certain phone why would you come to the thread and say "Well my Nokia 3530 doesn't have any issues. I love the fact it can call my brother in Hawaii. It also does my ninth grade homework on the weekends."
:)
I'm just saying if you don't really have anything to add why post. Just read what you need to and leave. Telling us that your phone is better because you are just trying to up you post count or whatever isn't needed here or any other forum.

Well I can honestly say for some reason I have not had the random reboot issues for the past couple of days. Not sure why. Also the multitasking events that you all were speaking of I didn't notice until after you metioned them. Everytime I task switch it reloads whatever I am trying to switch to it. Funny stuff.
:)
  • Like 2

In all fairness, the iPhone door was opened by others within this thread with not so favorable comments. So it's at least reasonable for the guy to mention that his experience with the iPhone has been good.

At the end of the day all we are talking about is mobile devices. I will never understand why folks invest so much emotion into the choice of a mobile device. If it does what YOU want it to do, how YOU want it done then what does it matter whether someone else likes it or not? Likewise if it doesn't fit you what does it matter if it fits someone else?

All these Apple/Android rants deserve a

ssMhy.jpg

• Like 1

In all fairness, the iPhone door was opened by others within this thread with not so favorable comments. So it's at least reasonable for the guy to mention that his experience with the iPhone has been good.

At the end of the day all we are talking about is mobile devices. I will never understand why folks invest so much emotion into the choice of a mobile device. If it does what YOU want it to do, how YOU want it done then what does it matter whether someone else likes it or not? Likewise if it doesn't fit you what does it matter if it fits someone else?

All these Apple/Android rants deserve a

ssMhy.jpg

I love Bill Cosby. He has always been one of my favorites. I believe in this scene he is speakingg to Malcolm and Malcolm just said something remarkebly dumb and Bill is trying to comprehend where he went wrong with the upbrining of his only son.

No wifi or reboot issues here, however LTE is a different story. :rolleyes:

How ironic...my phone just rebooted...dang! The error report states "System Crash" and gives this enormous log file that you can preview. I wasn't even using it, just sitting beside me...

Question for both of you. By chance, are both of you connected to wifi often and if so how often? Does it happen while you are on a phone call or just using the phone in any other way? I asked because my girlfriends evo has been randomly rebooting since the last OTA as well and the only common factor I can come up with while trouble shooting is being connected to wifi/bluetooth when it happens. Anyway, I had her turn off wifi all together and for the last two days she hasn't had any reboots at all which is the longest she has gone so far without it rebooting on its own since the OTA. Might be a long shot but I thought I would ask.

I believe mine has done it on both bluetooth and wifi. I know it's done it a few times in the car, once as I was leaving home, so both bluetooth and wifi were connected at that time. I can't actually recall any random reboots before the OTA, though.

• Like 1

I believe mine has done it on both bluetooth and wifi. I know it's done it a few times in the car, once as I was leaving home, so both bluetooth and wifi were connected at that time. I can't actually recall any random reboots before the OTA, though.

Oh ok, thanks for the input. Yeah, it seems to happen to my girls evo with wifi and bluetooth connected since the OTA. Now I don't know if its purely a coincidence but I had her turn off wifi and since then, which has now been a week, she hasn't had a reboot as yet. So I really don't know what to say.

I use WIFI whenever I'm home (3G went downhill all the sudden, LTE lacking still) but have not had any issues with rebooting since the OTA. I also use Bluetooth whenever I'm out on my bike for music, and haven't had any issues there either.

The multitasking issue has gotten a little frustrating lately though. It didn't seem to be an issue at first, but now whenever I leave Chrome and go to, say Facebook, whenever I go back it has to reload the webpage. And then if I go back to Facebook (or any other app it seems), it has to reload that too. It definitely gets worse as I have more apps open.

As long as this new OTA FIXES multitasking, 3 dot menu, incredibly low ram, & other issues I'll be fine with it.

Well the 3 dot menu probably won't change any time soon. As far as ram goes you have to understand how android/linux works to know that low memory really isn't that big of a deal. The OS basically loads all sorts of crap into memory to make things a lot smoother when accessing those items and if you are doing something that requires more ram the OS will free up whatever amount is needed. Look at the og evo, that only had 512 megs of ram and the amount available ram(once apps are loaded up in memory) is basically the same as the evo 3d and evo 4g lte which have 1 gig of ram. Look at the gs3, with 2 gigs of ram how much do you really think is available once all those apps are loading into memory?

Looks like I was wrong about the 3 dot menu button issue not being fixed any time soon. The one x got an OTA update today that gives you the option. Hopefully htc with hurry with the evo's update:

http://www.androidcentral.com/htcs-fix-menu-button-issue-welcome-not-very-elegant

• Like 2

Looks like I was wrong about the 3 dot menu button issue not being fixed any time soon. The one x got an OTA update today that gives you the option. Hopefully htc with hurry with the evo's update:

http://www.androidcentral.com/htcs-fix-menu-button-issue-welcome-not-very-elegant

Wow...the finally listened to everyone and saw all the devs were removing it.

Wow...the finally listened to everyone and saw all the devs were removing it.

I spam them every day bro. The customers have been in a riot since DHD EXCUSE!