OTA coming for EVO next few days...

Crimson01

I hope their radio update doesn't go backwards. The recent update fixed for the most part the issues where the data would fall on its face and not recover unless you rebooted. I was constantly rebooting when going from low signal to no signal and back areas.

• Like 1

So, this should include the fix for Google Wallet, yes?

Google wallet was fixed in the last update.

• Like 1

Says its similar to the update the Gnex got yesterday.

http://phandroid.com...-lte-to-follow/

Well I guess the HTC rep I spoke with at a sprint store two days ago wasn't feeding me BS after all. This is the post I made the other day in another thread:

What a crazy day. So my girlfriends evo has been tripping out since the ota was released. Its been rebooting randomly for absolutely no apparent reason and she insisted I take it to sprint to which I replied that they are probably gonna just hard reset the phone and send me on my way. So while I was there, just by some extreme coincidence, there was an htc rep that was about to leave so I asked if he had a few minutes to see if I could ask some questions. Not sure about the accuracy of what I was told but I took it upon myself to ask a series of questions in regards to the lte connection issues with the htc evo and he told me that they are fully aware of the situation(we already know that of course) and that there is a fix that is currently in testing that should be released fairly shortly. Now there is an update for the gs3 that went out today to fix "Optimized LTE system selection" among other issues so hopefully the evo will have a similar fix released shortly like what the htc rep said.

http://support.sprin...TNAV=SU:DP:HDIA

• Like 1

Well I guess the HTC rep I spoke with at a sprint store two days ago wasn't feeding me BS after all. This is the post I made the other day in another thread:

Wow, for once someone didn't lie to us. How surprising and good for a change.

• Like 1

Going by the changelog, I'm assuming this will include new radios/PRI and ROM base/kernel. Might be the same hboot though, as 1.15 hasn't been hacked yet. Yay for a new wave of OTA confusion on all EVO LTE forums.

Well mine goes into these bootloops sometimes but then I can hold the power for like ten seconds it reboots and is then fine for a while. I have the latest update that fixed google wallet and supposedly fixed wifi issues(I never had them so I didn't know what they were talking about.) but now it works worse than it did when I bought the phone.

Well mine goes into these bootloops sometimes but then I can hold the power for like ten seconds it reboots and is then fine for a while. I have the latest update that fixed google wallet and supposedly fixed wifi issues(I never had them so I didn't know what they were talking about.) but now it works worse than it did when I bought the phone.

Sounds like you need to wipe the phone and start over. At least with android it's easy as all your contacts come back. Just have to reinstall your apps. I use titanium backup as well so I can restore app data too.

I find the recent update to have a huge improvement on the radio bugs. Can't wait to see what the next one brings.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

• Like 2

I will try to reroot the phone and see put titanium backup back on it and see what I can do. The problem is that these reboots didn't happen until the update was applied.

I will try to reroot the phone and see put titanium backup back on it and see what I can do. The problem is that these reboots didn't happen until the update was applied.

I'm getting some random reboots, too. I've been sending the data to HTC, as the phone requests to do, afterward.

I'm getting some random reboots, too. I've been sending the data to HTC, as the phone requests to do, afterward.

Question for both of you. By chance, are both of you connected to wifi often and if so how often? Does it happen while you are on a phone call or just using the phone in any other way? I asked because my girlfriends evo has been randomly rebooting since the last OTA as well and the only common factor I can come up with while trouble shooting is being connected to wifi/bluetooth when it happens. Anyway, I had her turn off wifi all together and for the last two days she hasn't had any reboots at all which is the longest she has gone so far without it rebooting on its own since the OTA. Might be a long shot but I thought I would ask.

After the first OTA, I have not had any reboot issues. I now have wifi issues though. I had no issues before the OTA and now afterwards my wifi wont connect to save my life. I take that back, I do get random connections (few and far between) for brief periods of time. Then its back to nothing. My evolte shows that it is connected, I just dont get any throughput. I am using the same access point on my laptop and I have no issues with that. So I have no idea what happened, I shouldnt have updated.

After the first OTA, I have not had any reboot issues. I now have wifi issues though. I had no issues before the OTA and now afterwards my wifi wont connect to save my life. I take that back, I do get random connections (few and far between) for brief periods of time. Then its back to nothing. My evolte shows that it is connected, I just dont get any throughput. I am using the same access point on my laptop and I have no issues with that. So I have no idea what happened, I shouldnt have updated.

UGGGH. WIFI systems are so complex. Anything you do can change your connectivity with a wifi system. It could be as simple as the update making your phone not play nice with the router anymore. Try going into your wifi settings on your phone and make it "forget" the connection(usually a long press) and start the connection from scratch. If that does not work then you may want to check with the router manufacturer to see if there are any known issues with your device.

Question for both of you. By chance, are both of you connected to wifi often and if so how often? Does it happen while you are on a phone call or just using the phone in any other way? I asked because my girlfriends evo has been randomly rebooting since the last OTA as well and the only common factor I can come up with while trouble shooting is being connected to wifi/bluetooth when it happens. Anyway, I had her turn off wifi all together and for the last two days she hasn't had any reboots at all which is the longest she has gone so far without it rebooting on its own since the OTA. Might be a long shot but I thought I would ask.

I actually have had one time where the phone just started rebooting for no reason. I was on wifi. Once I disconnected it from wifi it stopped rebooting. Weird.
  • Like 1

I actually have had one time where the phone just started rebooting for no reason. I was on wifi. Once I disconnected it from wifi it stopped rebooting. Weird.

Very weird indeed, thanks for responding.

Mine just reboots at randome times. On wifi, off wifi, during a call, not doing anything, on 3g, no 3g, no service. You name it and it has rebooted. However over the weekend it only did it once and while I was on wifi.

• Like 1

Mine just reboots at randome times. On wifi, off wifi, during a call, not doing anything, on 3g, no 3g, no service. You name it and it has rebooted. However over the weekend it only did it once and while I was on wifi.

Atleast you have wifi. Wifi on my evolte is useless since the OTA.

As long as this new OTA FIXES multitasking, 3 dot menu, incredibly low ram, & other issues I'll be fine with it.

Well the 3 dot menu probably won't change any time soon. As far as ram goes you have to understand how android/linux works to know that low memory really isn't that big of a deal. The OS basically loads all sorts of crap into memory to make things a lot smoother when accessing those items and if you are doing something that requires more ram the OS will free up whatever amount is needed. Look at the og evo, that only had 512 megs of ram and the amount available ram(once apps are loaded up in memory) is basically the same as the evo 3d and evo 4g lte which have 1 gig of ram. Look at the gs3, with 2 gigs of ram how much do you really think is available once all those apps are loading into memory?

• Like 2

Unused memory is wasted memory. If it is not being used then there is no point in it being there.

Sent from my LTEless Evo LTE using Tapatalk on CleanROM DE 1.1

• Like 2

Unused memory is wasted memory. If it is not being used then there is no point in it being there.

Sent from my LTEless Evo LTE using Tapatalk on CleanROM DE 1.1

I feel the same way about bacon.

• Like 6