Network Vision/LTE - Oklahoma Market

Serious

I think it still has 6 but I am not sure. I have a better picture somewhere in stash. Let me look again when I get home later.

Sent from my little Note2

Found the better picture of that 33 degree beamwidth panel. Updated my RRU spotting thread as well with it. You can definitely see 6 connections and the color config fits with 1900/800/1900.

NL13XC096_C.JPG

• Like 1

Found the better picture of that 33 degree beamwidth panel. Updated my RRU spotting thread as well with it. You can definitely see 6 connections and the color config fits with 1900/800/1900.

NL13XC096_C.JPG

Is that from a tower on the Oklahoma market? Also to my understanding a custom PRL is required for the 800 1x. Will this PRL be pushed to end users when a tower is turned on?

Is that from a tower on the Oklahoma market? Also to my understanding a custom PRL is required for the 800 1x. Will this PRL be pushed to end users when a tower is turned on?

It is a new angle on the site I showed you from another market (from digiblur's erricson thread). It was circled. This antenna is actually a specialized antenna you wont see very often.

whats so different about this antenna?

It has a 33 degree beamwidth instead of the 65 or 90 flavors you will normally see. Two uses..for high urban area to pack towers in and create little wedges of coverage in areas where needed. Or throw one up on a rural interstate tower and basically shoot down the interstate.

It is a new angle on the site I showed you from another market (from digiblur's erricson thread). It was circled. This antenna is actually a specialized antenna you wont see very often.

I kinda have a few pics around here ;)

It has a 33 degree beamwidth instead of the 65 or 90 flavors you will normally see. Two uses..for high urban area to pack towers in and create little wedges of coverage in areas where needed. Or throw one up on a rural interstate tower and basically shoot down the interstate.

How far down the Interstate would that 4G signal be usable?

So it seems they're working on OK03XC424 (SE 71st & Dogwood, or where I-40 & I-240 split) about three miles S of my house.

(Looks like the Google map location is about a 1/3 mile off, actually identifies a high power transmission line tower, an unlikely place for cell antennas)

Weird, don't recall ever connecting to it (maybe because I'm on the other side of the transmission lines and up the hill?). At my place you usually connect to OK54XC400 (NE23rd & Westminster) four miles N and two miles W. Then if you walk to the back of the house you'll switch to the tower at NE23rd & Harper (sorry, don't know the designation, not in the upgrade list) and have your call dropped. Verizon is on these same two towers.

Anyway, just wondering if there was any information I could gather on this tower that anyone would be interested in.

If it's the one I think it is then from Google maps looks like I can get close to it to get some pics.

Would have to borrow my GF's Photon Q to get any phone info as I've been on Verizon for the last year and 1/2 (couldn't wait around for Sprint but would love to go back for lower cost).

So it seems they're working on OK03XC424 (SE 71st & Dogwood, or where I-40 & I-240 split) about three miles S of my house.

(Looks like the Google map location is about a 1/3 mile off, actually identifies a high power transmission line tower, an unlikely place for cell antennas)

Weird, don't recall ever connecting to it (maybe because I'm on the other side of the transmission lines and up the hill?). At my place you usually connect to OK54XC400 (NE23rd & Westminster) four miles N and two miles W. Then if you walk to the back of the house you'll switch to the tower at NE23rd & Harper (sorry, don't know the designation, not in the upgrade list) and have your call dropped. Verizon is on these same two towers.

Anyway, just wondering if there was any information I could gather on this tower that anyone would be interested in.

If it's the one I think it is then from Google maps looks like I can get close to it to get some pics.

Would have to borrow my GF's Photon Q to get any phone info as I've been on Verizon for the last year and 1/2 (couldn't wait around for Sprint but would love to go back for lower cost).

Pictures are best at this stage.

When it comes time for the site to become live, screenshots from CDMA Fieldtest can be telling on whether the site is broadcasting 800 SMR signal but you'll need to install one of Digiblur's SMR PRLs to connect

Premier Sponsors SMR PRL

Regular Sponsors SMR PRL

To connect to LTE try toggling airplane mode. If it connects, running sensorly to map it would be nice.

It looks like eHRPD is down in my areas of interest. I drove by the NV site and didn't see any lights blinking on the RRUs so I guess they aren't turned on.

EVDO all the way from TU to 91st.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

It looks like eHRPD is down in my areas of interest. I drove by the NV site and didn't see any lights blinking on the RRUs so I guess they aren't turned on.

EVDO all the way from TU to 91st.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Had excellent speeds around noon. Bout 4:30 I lost all signal and when it came back on it was mega slow. .idk the deal.

My home tower was on the fritz this morning, i drove down memorial and found crews working on a site just past 131st in Bixby.

4pv95f.jpg

2u4k4mx.jpg

2dt42e1.jpg

2uh8obs.jpg

34yybdd.jpg

Talked to someone who was pretty knowledgeable for about 5 minutes. I was informed that there are a lot of contractors working in the Oklahoma market right now..i was actually told its a "hot market" ;) ...anyway there's about 8 sets of crews in the Tulsa area and he said they are cranking out as much as they can. Sorry my pics are not great, i only have my phone's camera. The backhaul is fiber..at least for that particular site.

• Like 1

My home tower was on the fritz this morning, i drove down memorial and found crews working on a site just past 131st in Bixby.

4pv95f.jpg

2u4k4mx.jpg

2dt42e1.jpg

2uh8obs.jpg

34yybdd.jpg

Talked to someone who was pretty knowledgeable for about 5 minutes. I was informed that there are a lot of contractors working in the Oklahoma market right now..i was actually told its a "hot market" ;) ...anyway there's about 8 sets of crews in the Tulsa area and he said they are cranking out as much as they can. Sorry my pics are not great, i only have my phone's camera. The backhaul is fiber..at least for that particular site.

I wish I could like your post 50 times. That's the best news I've heard all week!

I wish I could like your post 50 times. That's the best news I've heard all week!

i about peed in my pants i was so excited when i saw that sight driving down memorial!!

near the tower i got 1800 kbps down 900 up...78 ms ping!

i about peed in my pants i was so excited when i saw that sight driving down memorial!!

near the tower i got 1800 kbps down 900 up...78 ms ping!

That thing might be live

Yep. It still is nice to see. 5 sites in my daily travels sit idle. 1 even watched ATT bore and bring new fiber to the site, it went accepted, and even up on Sprint network upgrade map. 2 are recent sites, 3 have been red sticked. Sensorly is patiently waiting to pull out the purple marker. Hopefully this virus doesn't spread to other markets.

Sent from my little Note2