Network Vision/LTE - Oklahoma Market

Serious

The good news is US Cellular is rolling out LTE in the area so in the future if you have a band 12 device you might roam onto their network deep indoors for free.

There aren't any sprint band 12 devices yet. I bet the iphone 6 will be one of the first.

One of the sites near my cabin is broadcasting 1x800 so now we can catch a sprint signal where we couldn't before. The problem is its unusable. Calls don't go through. I think this may be due to how weak the signal is.

Maybe if that stupid GMO was a full build the signal would be stronger.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Sprint SMR 1xRTT now covers my cabin as well as the US Cellular 1xRTT roaming it replaces. If they would just convert my GMO site to a full build I might actually get better coverage than all the other carriers (USCC is king here).

It is somewhat annoying though, the phone doesn't want to connect to my airave anymore.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

If you read this and you are not a sponsor, you should become one.  Sprint has a couple hundred cell sites broadcasting 4G throughout Oklahoma and covers about 2.5 million Oklahomans with dual band wireless LTE.  If you become a sponsor you will get to track that process and continuation into the next network overlay project as coverage will become stronger and capacity constraints are lifted!  Hope you have had a good Sprint experience and are interested in following the "now" network.  ;)  :tu:

-William

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Just got a couple test devices for work. Seeing lots of B26 in OKC...and lots of timeouts when connected to B26. I can't even get a speedtest to complete. I'll try again on a different site later...

I see really bad congestion statewide.  Band 25 and 26 are both hit hard in a lot of places. 

My data works pretty reliably most places but I've been having issues with incoming calls not ringing my phone when on LTE or Wi-Fi calling. Is anyone else experiencing that?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

My GF misses every other call it seems. No ring.

I'm still using my Verizon phone waiting for Sprint to get it together.

It seems like there are no good options here. At&t and Verizon have horrible voice quality but good coverage where as Sprint and T-Mobile have great voice quality but coverage/network issues.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I have good call quality and don't normally miss calls, i rely on my VZW ipad a lot again now though. It depends on the time,your location and how you hold your mouth to it all work. Im not renewing with Sprint again this time. The clock ran out. Tired of paperweight smartphones. Sad

The Sprint tower that I care most about, the one that I would use while at the gym (streaming while on one of the aerobic machines) is not yet B26 enabled.  So I have to use my Verizon phone and eat up the caped data there.  I'd much rather use unlimited Sprint data. 

My gym tower (Sooner & SE44th) is one of the few that doesn't have B26 around here, wonder why.  It's certainly accessible from either major road. 

Funny thing is that when it first went live with LTE it worked great in the gym.  Then they did something, dialed back the power or changed an angle and it was back to unusable at only one mile away.  But then that was true of all of the Sprint 1900 LTE conversions around here, they were much more usable when first done and I don't think it's just additional user load over time. 

• Like 1

I have good call quality and don't normally miss calls, i rely on my VZW ipad a lot again now though. It depends on the time,your location and how you hold your mouth to it all work. Im not renewing with Sprint again this time. The clock ran out. Tired of paperweight smartphones. Sad

Tmobile has a lot of new rural coverage now. They will be pretty great (except deep indoors) soon (and mostly already are).

Tmobile has a lot of new rural coverage now. They will be pretty great (except deep indoors) soon (and mostly already are).

Ive been impressed with Tmobile lately,which I never thought id say. They have been executing their deployment pretty nicely.

It's 8:45 pm in Yukon, OK. I'm a quarter mile from Sprint's cell site at SW 15th and Mustang Rd. I can see it from my window. I can connect to B25 and B26 from my house. Both deliver less than 1mbps down, and 2-3mbps up. It's just congestion, plain and simple. It's bad. T-Mobile, on the other hand, is making some pretty big moves nationwide, including here in OK. Lack of low band spectrum in the state will continue to hinder T-Mo indoors, but their cell grid is pretty dense. I'm really impressed with the rate at which T-Mobile is improving the network here.

It's 8:45 pm in Yukon, OK. I'm a quarter mile from Sprint's cell site at SW 15th and Mustang Rd. I can see it from my window. I can connect to B25 and B26 from my house. Both deliver less than 1mbps down, and 2-3mbps up. It's just congestion, plain and simple. It's bad. T-Mobile, on the other hand, is making some pretty big moves nationwide, including here in OK. Lack of low band spectrum in the state will continue to hinder T-Mo indoors, but their cell grid is pretty dense. I'm really impressed with the rate at which T-Mobile is improving the network here.

Have you been to OKC? How's network there?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...

We've finally got quite a few band 41 cells in NW OKC. I have been connecting to quite a few different cells. All are called B41 MM. Anyone know what that means? A small cell implementation?

Edit, here's a signal check screen shot.

post-2404-0-64009900-1503950214_thumb.png

• Like 1

We've finally got quite a few band 41 cells in NW OKC. I have been connecting to quite a few different cells. All are called B41 MM. Anyone know what that means? A small cell implementation?

Edit, here's a signal check screen shot.

Mini Macro..