Network Vision/LTE - Oklahoma Market

Serious

I guess it's about time to get a tri-band phone. I really want a GS5 but I'm hearing that it may have some reception and LTE handup issues :-(

Why not an N5? Great signal reception, runs circles around my Note 3, and it just feels right in the hand.

• Like 1

I ran into a lot of 800LTE throughout the midwest this weekend, and with or without Sponsoring this site you can now find B26 in MANY parts of Oklahoma ( I found it hard to outrun B26 in Tulsa this afternoon as I drove all through the County before heading down the Turner. Held B26 Near the mall, Deep in BA, The farm shopping center, fairgrounds area, and all the way out to Sapulpa before dropping to B25 for almost the entire duration of the trip. I HIGHLY SUGGEST  becoming a Premier sponsor to view the continuation of the Band 26 LTE rollout and prepare for an imminent Spark (band 41) deployment.  

OKC, I cannot say entirely.  I cut straight through town, Took I35 S and never found B26 until I arrived back at my home site in Norman.  There may or may not be any live at this point, but there likely will be very soon.  Premier sponsors will likely be able to confirm this on the next map update.  

-William

• Like 1

Saw a new tower going up here in Stilly but not for sure who's it is. What's the best way to tell if it's Sprints or not? Also hope they keep doing their upgrades to their towers. That's the two main things Sprints needs  to be doing right now is upgrading their current network and putting up new towers to expand their coverage. I'm just afraid they made to many bad choices that cost them to much money and time that they are in serious catch up mode. Either they will get caught up or go under or get bought out.. 

Saw a new tower going up here in Stilly but not for sure who's it is. What's the best way to tell if it's Sprints or not? Also hope they keep doing their upgrades to their towers. That's the two main things Sprints needs to be doing right now is upgrading their current network and putting up new towers to expand their coverage. I'm just afraid they made to many bad choices that cost them to much money and time that they are in serious catch up mode. Either they will get caught up or go under or get bought out..

There is a thread on how to spot network vision equipment here somewhere but you could also look at some of the pictures I've posted in this thread. If the cabinets look like what I posted earlier it may be a sprint site.

Yeah had Sprint sent out a Ericsson Tech due to I could go less that 2 miles to my kids middle school and be on 4G then go back home only get 3G rarely ever get 4G. Come to find out I'm just barley on the border of the footprint from the 4G plus our main street is real hilly as well. They suppose to be upgrading both tower closes to us to the 800Mhz for 4G and 3G but he said he would see if the engineers could point the tower more towards my direction. The tower already has the other upgrades done just the 800Mhz is all that's left.   Either way will have to say that's big time customer service to send a tech out to try to improve things for us just a FYI he did say once the Softbank deal was done that Ericsson been pulled to concentrate more on Sprint to get things done. Also supposedly one of the main Sprint guys was ask to summit a wish list for Oklahoma and that there are suppose to be 400-500 new sites getting deployed at some point so lets hope Sprint expands their coverage state wide and nationally if they want to survive. 

Edited by Poke
  • Like 2

Also supposedly one of the main Sprint guys was ask to summit a wish list for Oklahoma and that there are suppose to be 400-500 new sites getting deployed at some point so lets hope Sprint expands their coverage state wide and nationally if they want to survive.

That seems unlikely but what you might see in the near future is new LTE roaming coverage provided by US Cellular, which should increase coverage dramatically for the state.

In the end time will always tell Sprint main 2 things they have to be doing it upgrading their current network and putting up new towers like crazy to expand their national coverage. They have fallen way behind and should be in high gear so basically catch up mode. 

Yeah had Sprint sent out a Ericsson Tech due to I could go less that 2 miles to my kids middle school and be on 4G then go back home only get 3G rarely ever get 4G. Come to find out I'm just barley on the border of the footprint from the 4G plus our main street is real hilly as well. They suppose to be upgrading both tower closes to us to the 800Mhz for 4G and 3G but he said he would see if the engineers could point the tower more towards my direction. 

Highly unlikely anything like that will happen, just saying. Sounds more like someone trying to make you happy but not really sure what they are talking about.

Also supposedly one of the main Sprint guys was ask to summit a wish list for Oklahoma and that there are suppose to be 400-500 new sites getting deployed at some point so lets hope Sprint expands their coverage state wide and nationally if they want to survive. 

Also highly unlikely. Sprint has committed to seeing Network Vision through before taking on network expansion. They also signed on with the rural carriers for LTE sharing/roaming for this exact reason, so they don't have to add more sites like that.

Oh ok cool.. That would make a big difference now have they signed the deal or do they have this already in place? Thanks for the info.. :)

In the works, almost signed, coming soon, something like that. We don't really have to exact details on when/where/how yet.

Spoke to some guys at that new site they said they thought it was going to be for AT&T but they said it was a four port system which meant supposedly multiple carriers could use the site. So will have to wait and see what happens it's still in a real early stage. 

• 4 weeks later...

What would cause my phone to initially connect to an LTE signal and then drop down to 3g right away.  I have always had great 4g at my work location but lately, all I am showing is 3g.  The 3g signal is strong, -86 and when LTE shows up it is usually -97.  The sprint rep had me do a ##72786# and it worked for like a minute. 

What would cause my phone to initially connect to an LTE signal and then drop down to 3g right away.  I have always had great 4g at my work location but lately, all I am showing is 3g.  The 3g signal is strong, -86 and when LTE shows up it is usually -97.  The sprint rep had me do a ##72786# and it worked for like a minute. 

Sounds like an ecsfb issue. Though I didn't think our market had any such issues. What is the closest cross street to your work location?