Galaxy Nexus released today (GSM-UK)

S4GRU

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 17 November 2011

There have been dozens of tech articles and reviews come out today over the GSM Galaxy Nexus release in the UK today. Have you read any reviews? What are your thoughts? Starting to get excited about the Galaxy Nexus and/or Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich? When do you think Sprint will get it, or if at all? Sound off below...

• Like 1

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 17 November 2011

I wonder if Sprint will have any major phone launches until next summer. Cuz would they release this Nexus with WiMax? That would be lame. It's fatally wounded and diying in the corner. Do they release it with 3G only? They would get laughed off the face of the earth. Samsung and Google probably wouldn't go for it, either. I think Sprint holds out and there is Galaxy Nexus release on the Now netowerk.

• Like 1

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 18 November 2011

I have a feeling it will be a launch phone for Sprint. A high end HTC, Galaxy Nexus, and MAYBE a nice Motoroloa device along with a couple of USB modems and Mifi type devices will be the lineup. I don't see a point in launching a dumbphone with 4g but thats a possibility too (if Moto has no device then a dumbphone or a tablet will probably also launch)

This is a nice phone and will be as well in 4-6 months when we (better) start hearing things about the 4g rollout and devices to use it.

• Like 1

Sprint has said they are releasing 15 LTE devices in 2012. Given they aren't going to start until mid year, that's a lot. Should feel like rapid fire.

Hopefully the GN is one of them. My upgrade has been available since August and I've been waiting for ICS. I'm at least hoping Sprint will get some ICS phones before summer. I don't think my area will even get LTE until sometime in 2013.

• Like 2

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 19 November 2011

I wonder if the GN will feel like old hat by next summer? It definitely is a hot device now.

• Like 2

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 19 November 2011

OMAP 4 in it is solid and the middle sku in the family of cpus. I'm wondering if by late spring/summer we see a bumped processor in it to the top sku (4470) which coincidentally will be available in quantity at that time from TI...

• Like 1