Network Vision/LTE - Washington DC Market

Abyss19707

Alright, I have a little update for the tower servicing the MBHS/Woodmor area. I believe that tower is definitely NV updated. I pulled down speeds of 1.43, and up of .93, with another sub 100ms ping. This was with full bars, as I have still not had time to do testing with net monitor, or get a picture of the actual tower. Hopefully that will be done sometime next week.

230418167.png

EDIT: Also, got this test from the Takoma Park tower that gave me great results last time, with a signal strength of -96dBm

230454381.png

Edited by feteru

Anyone have connection issues yesterday? I was at my local "watering hole"(Bottom Line, 18 & I NW), data was fine but sms and calls were a no go for a good few hours. Hoping it had to do with some tower upgrades.

Edited by munsterrr

Anyone have connection issues yesterday? I was at my local "watering hole"(Bottom Line, 18 & I NW), data was fine but sms and calls were a no go for a good few hours. Hoping it had to do with some tower upgrades.

I didn't have any... but Bottom Line... mad klassy :)

I didn't have any... but Bottom Line... mad klassy :)

I like my hole in the wall dammit! lol. I work right around the corner and the HH prices are fantastic.

Had a friend a few blocks away that was having problems too. Seemed isolated in a small area. Maybe we were getting jammed

2776564_o.gif

Havent been on this site for a bit, lots going on and I have missed alot. Glad to see sprint should be turning on lte n bmore soon. Hopefully we wont be far behind. While nv may be the future of sprint, I have been very frustrated as of lately with the service or lack their of but hopefully things will start to speed up in the silver spring/olney area of MD.

Sent from my Awesome Samsung Galaxy S3 via Tapatalk 2 baby.

• 3 weeks later...

I am beginning to notice a little bit better speeds while on I-395, per the Sensorly app. However, I am also seeing more "holes" in coverage where I had coverage before. We can only hope that this means more towers are actively being worked on.

I still have no service in my office building at 10th and Penn Ave NW.

We post updated sites every week in our NV Sites Complete Map thread in our Sponsor section. There you can track sites being completed weekly in the DC market. For more information about how to become a Sponsor: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

Robert

Not sure it this is the correct location but here goes. I was visiting in DC for the weekend and as far at service I had some difficulties in NW DC. I was not able to get any speed test due to my device but will be updating to the iPhone 5 soon. I am writing because I stopped in Laurel Md and spent the night. The hotel supplied wifi but I had difficulties connecting so i went on my phone and had blazing speeds. I was loading pages faster that on my home wifi system. The next morning I looked for a nearby tower but could not see one. Was this speed do to an updated NV tower with updated backhaul I've been reading about or was just near a tower and got lucky?

Not sure it this is the correct location but here goes. I was visiting in DC for the weekend and as far at service I had some difficulties in NW DC. I was not able to get any speed test due to my device but will be updating to the iPhone 5 soon. I am writing because I stopped in Laurel Md and spent the night. The hotel supplied wifi but I had difficulties connecting so i went on my phone and had blazing speeds. I was loading pages faster that on my home wifi system. The next morning I looked for a nearby tower but could not see one. Was this speed do to an updated NV tower with updated backhaul I've been reading about or was just near a tower and got lucky?

There are several sites complete in the Laurel area. There is a good chance you found one.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Laurel, I believe, is in the Baltimore market and the whole area is slowly showing LTE. The DC market is in a lot of flux right now. I am near Dulles and have the most horrible speeds I could imagine. A call to Sprint last week indicates NV should be live in my area by mid October. I say NV rather than LTE because the person I spoke to did not specify. Hopefully the backhaul will be in place soon. I can also say that Bethesda, MD (also DC market) was horrible today. One can only hope that this means a lot of transition is underway and LTE will be here shortly.

I can concur on the inconsistent data speeds. Even at different times of the day (but all during peak hours) my speeds in the City can range from around 30-250 kbps to over 1Mbps. These speed tests are all taken from the same location during the day.

We can only hope that NV is close to being deployed next month!

Laurel, I believe, is in the Baltimore market and the whole area is slowly showing LTE.

It depends on where in Laurel. There are towers that are only about a mile apart yet one is in the DC market and one is in the Baltimore market. Most of the southern parts of Laurel are DC market sites and most of the northern parts are Baltimore market sites.

Anyone able to elaborate on LTE service in the lorton/belvoir, VA area? sw of DC

If you donate to the site you'll have access to the interactive maps showing you the locations and status. I'm close to west springfield and will have two 4G towers under a mile away from me. I really hope they flip the switch next month.

I've noticed increased speeds at the intersection of 15 and 29 near Gainesville and Haymarket. I got 1.8 mbps on 3G with a 77 ms ping time, vastly better than what I've seen elsewhere. I know a tower near there has been upgraded. Still no LTE yet.

Is it me or did all of Downtown DC (Metro Center area) hit a brick wall later in the morning. Service levels are fluctuating and basic voice/sms services are failing.

Could be what happened in the other two recent markets that Rob confirmed. Although that may just be wishful thinking, LTE is supposedly rolling out this month, can't wait! Although I have gotten decent speeds in my neighborhood, topping 2mbps down regularly.

Could be what happened in the other two recent markets that Rob confirmed. Although that may just be wishful thinking, LTE is supposedly rolling out this month, can't wait! Although I have gotten decent speeds in my neighborhood, topping 2mbps down regularly.

Well I know NV has been rolling out steadily in the District's residential areas but my work area has only had band aid fixes so far. Soooo hopefully, you're correct and they are finally switching over to the overdue NV towers in Downtown DC! One could only hope though.

I had to move my sister in Baltimore this past weekend and my battery life improved so much while I was there, even when on 4G. It goes to show that have a solid network keeps your phone charged!

There is one tower off Route 1 across from the Carmax and Weis Supermarket the give a LTE signal. I live in Laurel Russett Community and I can get the signal.

North Laurel is part of the Baltimore market, and so some of the towers that you'll see with LTE would also be from Baltimore, not the DC market. That area in particular has a tower very very close by from the Baltimore market.