Network Vision/LTE - DFW Market (Dallas/Ft. Worth/Wichita Falls)

purpleunicorn

A few people have been mapping with Sensorly and you can see where some have picked it up. I'll see about putting up a screenshot.

60e20d1a-7e46-d164.jpg

Sent via LTE from my Evo LTE s-offed by an overweight panda.

Edited by chogardjr
  • Like 2

A few people have been mapping with Sensorly and you can see where some have picked it up. I'll see about putting up a screenshot.

60e20d1a-7e46-d164.jpg

Sent via LTE from my Evo LTE s-offed by an overweight panda.

That looks about right. Although a few weeks ago I got a great signal on I-20 W south of Ft. Worth. Other than that, it looks about right. We shall see how it grows from there.

I got a 4g LTE signal for the first time at my house in south Fort Worth today. It's sporadic, but it was reasonably fast. About 3-4 mbps down. It kept switching over to 3g before the upload speeds could be measured.

Sent from my GS3 on Tapatalk 2

I got a 4g LTE signal for the first time at my house in south Fort Worth today. It's sporadic, but it was reasonably fast. About 3-4 mbps down. It kept switching over to 3g before the upload speeds could be measured.

It did that to me when I first got it too

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

If you go to Mccart and W Risinger Rd I believe it is, then you should hit 30 megs. I know I'm about 15-20 minutes away, and I can get 26 down tops.

If you go to Mccart and W Risinger Rd I believe it is, then you should hit 30 megs. I know I'm about 15-20 minutes away, and I can get 26 down tops.

I'm closer to the hospital district. I live in Fairmount.

One thing I've definitely noticed is that my signal is much stronger. Before today, I rarely had more than one or two bars in my house (signal at ~ -100 dBm). Now I've got four to five bars (signal at ~ -85 dBm). I'm hoping this leads to fewer dropped calls and fewer voice dropouts when talking to on the phone.

What?? Lol why is this not believable??

lol, because it's so far away, but yet, so much faster than the server in his own city. I also talked to a guy from the Sprint store, and he said that more sites should be coming on in Fort Worth, within a week or two. Now I don't know how reliable he is, but, I hope he is right.

lol, because it's so far away, but yet, so much faster than the server in his own city. I also talked to a guy from the Sprint store, and he said that more sites should be coming on in Fort Worth, within a week or two. Now I don't know how reliable he is, but, I hope he is right.

I hope he's right too. Sprint should be picking up the pace soon.

Sent from my LG-LS840 Viper 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I hope he's right too. Sprint should be picking up the pace soon.

Sent from my LG-LS840 Viper 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2

I hope so buddy. I want LTE performance over the entire city soooo bad! My signal at work is non-existent smdh

I hope so buddy. I want LTE performance over the entire city soooo bad! My signal at work is non-existent smdh

Try living a mile from the closest tower and having a signal sit around -95dBm. Stupid redwood trees that are 20 feet tall plus. :(

Different state. -84.49 isn't anywhere close to DFW. Were you visiting Atlanta recently?

I need to change that..I live in Atlanta but Im from Dallas and was visiting family for about two months when I made this account

Is anyone else having problems where their phone will only work in CDMA Only mode? This first happened about a month and a half ago. I called Sprint, and they quickly advised me on how to fix it, but didn't offer an explanation as to why it was happening. I'm not sure if this is a Sprint issue, or an problem with the EVO 4G LTE. also, when it occurs, my notification bar shows I have a 3G signal, and it's attempting to up/download data, but nothing happens. I get timeout and page won't load errors. I really hope this isn't an issue specific to the phone. If so, between that and toggling between CDMA Only and CDMA/LTE modes to force a 4G connection, I'm really wondering if I should have gone with the GSIII. One additional note - this only occurs when i'm at work in Irving, just north of the airport.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Is anyone else having problems where their phone will only work in CDMA Only mode? This first happened about a month and a half ago. I called Sprint, and they quickly advised me on how to fix it, but didn't offer an explanation as to why it was happening. I'm not sure if this is a Sprint issue, or an problem with the EVO 4G LTE. also, when it occurs, my notification bar shows I have a 3G signal, and it's attempting to up/download data, but nothing happens. I get timeout and page won't load errors. I really hope this isn't an issue specific to the phone. If so, between that and toggling between CDMA Only and CDMA/LTE modes to force a 4G connection, I'm really wondering if I should have gone with the GSIII. One additional note - this only occurs when i'm at work in Irving, just north of the airport.

Thanks.

Same happened to me on 3g and 4g in and around Downtown Fort Worth. Only happened one night though. No problems when I came back to work the next night.

anyone see the map on Sprint? Its getting there. I got 20Mbps in Grapevine/Southlake. Happy Happy Happy!

If this is accurate, I'm taking my phone back and switching carriers. I still only get LTE in a few select spots, and even then, it still seems to be sporadic. Don't get me wrong, I've been a loyal Sprint customer for 10+ years, and I'm happy with the LTE when I get it. But if the new network is as complete as this map is trying to indicate, and there are not further towers being deployed, I'm out.

If this is accurate, I'm taking my phone back and switching carriers. I still only get LTE in a few select spots, and even then, it still seems to be sporadic. Don't get me wrong, I've been a loyal Sprint customer for 10+ years, and I'm happy with the LTE when I get it. But if the new network is as complete as this map is trying to indicate, and there are not further towers being deployed, I'm out.

What do you mean? and they have a lot more to go, give it a little time. The area we are in... better hang in there for Sprint. If this was a different market I'd understand, but not here.

PS Orange=4G

What do you mean? and they have a lot more to go, give it a little time. The area we are in... better hang in there for Sprint. If this was a different market I'd understand, but not here.

I've been very patient. What's troubling me is the posted 4G coverage map on Sprint's website that's posted above. (Didn't show up in my quote of the original post containing it, sorry.) If it's accurate, then there's a problem with both my and my wife's phone, which i find hard to believe. If it's not accurate, then Sprint needs to post one that is isn't deceiving.