Network Vision/LTE - Atlanta/Athens Market

frank04

Band 41 at the Airport  :(  :unsure:

Outside of South Terminal in the Cell Phone Lot.

Did you check engineering screen or have an app that tells if you're on Band 41?

Possible.

I know, I sent 2 text messages to the person, I was picking up and they didn't arrive until I was leaving the airport (about 5-7 minutes). Ill have to check the timestamps in the morning.

Sprint disappointed me last night. Everyone else with T Mobile, Verizon and ATT had service but I'm struggling. I just put my phone up because I couldn't even use it.

Band 26 outside but barely usable 3G on the inside.

Where were you?

Mav. :ninja:

Sent from my Sprint Nexus 6.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been getting some pretty shitty speeds on b26 lately in various parts of the city the last couple weeks. Screenshots coming.

Please do not post slow speed test screenshots.  They serve no productive purpose other than as a form of complaint, and S4GRU does not host Sprint complaints.  If you think that something may be wrong with your device or service, contact Sprint.  That may not get you anywhere, but posting slow speed test screenshots here definitely will not get you anywhere.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1197-s4gru-posting-guidelines-aka-the-rulez/

AJ

Oh, give me a fucking break. 

Yep, you get a break.  It is called a two week ban for cursing at staff.

Come back if you like, but first read the rules, which have been provided for you.

Another member reported your post -- because it broke the rules.  S4GRU is not Sprint.  S4GRU does not host Sprint complaints that have dragged down several other Sprint focused sites.  And S4GRU does not host repeated slow speed tests.

AJ

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Im in Brasstown, NC.  Far away from native Sprint. 

SignalCheck Pro said it is spotting a Sprint tower here both 1xRTT and 1x800. 

1471 Mason Road, Brasstown

SID: 1518, NID: 10, BID: 5249(x1481)

Sry, kinda lazy on posting a screen grab.

Just wondering if this might actually be a Sprint town.  Not getting EVDO from my current location.  Maybe that is a USCC tower?  I have been roaming mostly on VZW and "Digital Roaming". 

I'm in USCC territory and kinda disappointing that I am not using their network

SignalCheck Pro said it is spotting a Sprint tower here both 1xRTT and 1x800. 

1471 Mason Road, Brasstown

SID: 1518, NID: 10, BID: 5249(x1481)

Sry, kinda lazy on posting a screen grab.

Just wondering if this might actually be a Sprint town.  Not getting EVDO from my current location.  Maybe that is a USCC tower?  I have been roaming mostly on VZW and "Digital Roaming". 

I'm in USCC territory and kinda disappointing that I am not using their network

SID 1518 is owned or controlled by a Washington, DC Comunications law firm Wilkinson, Barker,Knauer, LLC.    Hard to tell exactly who is using the SID, it may be USCC.  Apparently Sprint is allowing you to access the SID.

There is a tower up the road from that address, but from Google Maps it looks like it only has 1, maybe 2 carriers. One of them is in a shed, which Sprint never uses around here. I don't think either one is Sprint. However, there are several towers with 1x800 just over the GA border, so it's possible SignalCheckPro is seeing one of those and the tower location is just offset really far.

Maybe Sprint is adding equipment to that tower for some reason? Does SignalCheck say the provider is "Sprint"?

• Like 1

Your post was moved to this thread as it was deemed it didn't warrant its own topic. Why did it end up here? The Northern Georgia sites within the Atlanta market near the North Carolina border are the closes Sprint sites to Brasstown.

There is a tower up the road from that address, but from Google Maps it looks like it only has 1, maybe 2 carriers. One of them is in a shed, which Sprint never uses around here. I don't think either one is Sprint. However, there are several towers with 1x800 just over the GA border, so it's possible SignalCheckPro is seeing one of those and the tower location is just offset really far.

Maybe Sprint is adding equipment to that tower for some reason? Does SignalCheck say the provider is "Sprint"?

SID 1518 said " Sprint" in SignslCheck, but had the roaming icon.

I did pick up another, SID 22437, that said Sprint and had the 3G icon. That was 1x800 at -102dBm.

http://1drv.ms/1GBgGnY

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Oh wow, this is great to hear.  Atlanta service is damn near perfect as it is, now this?

• Like 4

• 1 month later...