Network Vision/LTE - Atlanta/Athens Market

frank04

:( Anyone on the southside or any where else around atlanta experiencing any issues?  For the last couple of days I haven't been able to connect to band 26 at all and it seems like ecsfb issues are back.  Me and my girl have missed a bunch of calls and the only time we realize it is when we get a voicemail notification after the fact.

It's funny you say this.  At my apartment at Sydney Marcus @ GA 400, I just logged off wifi to check out what you said.  Sure enough, instead of being connected to band 26 (which is the band I'm on basically all the time since late last spring), I was idling on band 25 which, after running a speedtest, I found to be nearly entirely unusable.  So I toggled airplane mode.  My N5 instantly reconnected to LTE, but this time on band 26, pulling down around 8 mbps.    

Maybe band 41 is now being rolled out hot and heavy to non-clear sites (and these symptoms your're experience are directly related)?  I would find it nearly impossible to imagine that Atlanta is not a key focus city for NSN in deploying those alleged "Tokyo-like" speeds and coverage with 2.5.  

• Like 1

It's funny you say this.  At my apartment at Sydney Marcus @ GA 400, I just logged off wifi to check out what you said.  Sure enough, instead of being connected to band 26 (which is the band I'm on basically all the time since late last spring), I was idling on band 25 which, after running a speedtest, I found to be nearly entirely unusable.  So I toggled airplane mode.  My N5 instantly reconnected to LTE, but this time on band 26, pulling down around 8 mbps.    

Maybe band 41 is now being rolled out hot and heavy to non-clear sites (and these symptoms your're experience are directly related)?  I would find it nearly impossible to imagine that Atlanta is not a key focus city for NSN in deploying those alleged "Tokyo-like" speeds and coverage with 2.5.  

Is there any live band 41 in Atlanta?  I have yet to come across any so far if there is.

Is there any live band 41 in Atlanta?  I have yet to come across any so far if there is.

Yes absolutely.  Do you use Signal Check?  It is very prevalent downtown near the convention areas and hotels.  Also available, though still somewhat spotty, in Midtown and Buckhead (especially around Piedmont Park and also around Lenox Mall).

• Like 1

Yes but it depends on where you are, I have yet to connect to band 41 any where south of the airport but north of the airport I get it on the regular.  So if you haven't at all then I would have to assume that you are on the southside.

• Like 1

I live near South Fulton Pkwy.  I do travel around the city quite a bit for work though.  I will have to keep an eye out.  I do use signal check when i have my Galaxy Mega active.  Just got the iPhone 6 Plus and i guess they do not have an app like signal check for iPhone.  I will look out for it when I am around the areas you guys mentioned.  Thanks

I stay up in the 85/NE corridor area and have not got any B41 yet.

Lots and lots of nice B26 though.

Heading down to the Aquarium and the World of Coca Cola on the 10th so I will see what I can pick up.

Mav. :ninja:

Sent from the future on my Sprint Tri-Band LG G3.

Yes but it depends on where you are, I have yet to connect to band 41 any where south of the airport but north of the airport I get it on the regular.  So if you haven't at all then I would have to assume that you are on the southside.

How is band 41 in north Atlanta? I don't get up that way much..say north of Brookhaven on up into the burbs? Also I can't wait til they fire up the rest of any already installed b41 upgrades. That will be a glorious day!

How is band 41 in north Atlanta? I don't get up that way much..say north of Brookhaven on up into the burbs? Also I can't wait til they fire up the rest of any already installed b41 upgrades. That will be a glorious day!

Well I don't frequent the Northside as much as I used to but I have picked it up right outside the perimeter in the gwinnett area, maybe a few miles north of spaghetti junction. I spend 95% of my time on the Southside so honestly I can't say how reliable it actually is but I definitely connect quite a few time once I reach the airport and North of there.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Drove around today between Peachtree Corners, Stone Mountain, Lilburn and Conyers. A lot of Band 26 around that area. Same for Band 25.

Band 25 gives much better speeds than Band 26 with my tests.

Peach tree.... I thought of this instantly

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

Peach tree.... I thought of this instantly attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1417227736.514413.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

I loved that movie

• Like 1

Virtually all metro Atlanta sites have been band 26 active for at least 6 months, many as far back as a year. It's the massive rollout of Sprint b41 8t8rs that will really elevate our market to a new level (like Chicago and Indianapolis already are).

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I work in Newnan Ga. 30263. Friday I noticed the Signal Check Pro app indicating LTE2500 for the first time. At first it was intermittent but by mid afternoon my phone parked on it. There has been no LTE2500 activity since. Here are a couple of screen shots.

post-44545-0-62155800-1419886399_thumb.png

post-44545-0-52926600-1419886863_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...