Network Vision/LTE - San Antonio market

flyer8493

I agree and I think what makes it annoying for me is that with the nexus 5 it seems to get stuck for time to time in 3G so I have to manually disable and then re-enable the radio. But nonetheless it's a much better experience with b26 being live now.

Looks like this could be a nationwide issue within Sprint...

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/6862-network-issue-google-play-issue-or-phone-issue/

If it's just a coincidence that others are having similar problems, do you think these hiccups could be related to TWC doing their TWC Maxx upgrades? I would be very surprised if they weren't the backhaul providers for this area.

Could very well be plausible but every since twc started the upgrades I've only had one night without internet at home but that was in the middle of the night. But yeah something is up because my wife's and my phone were having a hard time with texts and mms.

• 1 month later...

So today my nexus 5 has had a hard time maintaining any sort of signal. My phone can't even lock onto 3G and when it does it seems to still be scanning for an LTE signal. I've been at home all day today so maybe it has something to do with the nearby tower.

So today my nexus 5 has had a hard time maintaining any sort of signal. My phone can't even lock onto 3G and when it does it seems to still be scanning for an LTE signal. I've been at home all day today so maybe it has something to do with the nearby tower.

Mmh. I had the exact same thing happen in Houston on Monday as well. My phone kept cycling from EVDO, to just 1x, to no signal all day. No LTE at all to be seen all day.

I was assuming this was a Houston problem, but I guess it was more of a regional problem. By night time, the problem was fixed and I was back on LTE. Did your problems go away by Monday night as well?

Mmh. I had the exact same thing happen in Houston on Monday as well. My phone kept cycling from EVDO, to just 1x, to no signal all day. No LTE at all to be seen all day.

I was assuming this was a Houston problem, but I guess it was more of a regional problem. By night time, the problem was fixed and I was back on LTE. Did your problems go away by Monday night as well?

So surprisingly a few hours after that post I plugged my phone in to charge and within a few minutes it magically locked onto LTE and was perfect after that. I know it was a coincidence between charging and getting a signal but I found it pretty comical. My wife had the same problem at work that day as well and a few other friends reported the same problem on Facebook. But the strange thing is that now I see my phone bouncing around a lot from b25, b26 and b41. I wonder what Sprint is up to.

I've been experiencing the same problems lately. My phone would just sit on no service. I'd try powering off and on and it would just sit at no signal. I've had problems with receiving SMS and connecting/staying connected to LTE. I'm back to "normal" as of today though.

• 4 months later...

Is anyone else seeing LTE outages lately on the west/northwest side along 1604? Some days my drive to/from work will include LTE and others I switch between 3G and 1x. Not sure if it's the network or my iPhone running the latest public beta iOS 9 software.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like San Antonio is getting some Carrier Aggregation love...

Seems to be about the same peak speed I've seen in Denver. I like it.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

B26 started showing up in SA back last December. From what I remember, it was like a switch turned on across most of the area. One day it didn't exist, and the next it was found almost everywhere. I personally still have some dead zones at Six Flags and here and there on the riverwalk (although I haven't been since the spring), but otherwise coverage seems to be really good

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Two days in a row now I've had spotty coverage of complete dead zones and dropped calls along the west side of 1604 from Potranco up to Bandera. I'll watch my phone go from LTE to Extended Network to No Service and back to LTE. Anyone else having similar activity in other areas of town? I first noticed it yesterday morning when I was on a call and it dropped. I also have an issue with my clock/automatic time zone being messed up when I visit the Olive Garden/Red Lobster/Longhorn Steakhouse group at 1604 and I-10. The past few times I've eaten in that area, my clock goes up an hour and the timezone states "etc/GMT+5". A simple toggle of the automatic switch corrects it.

I can't say I've seen the clock issue you described but for the past several months my phone will drop to 3G in the 410/fred area. I drive that way nearly everyday and it happens all the time. The worst part is that my phone ends up being stuck in 3G so I have to toggle the radio to get LTE. I've also noticed my phone jumping around alot more between the three LTE bands. I'm seriously considering leaving and going back to T-mobile.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Edited by MikeCortez

• 2 months later...

Has anyone noticed slower speeds and texts not being sent? I've been having this problem for over a month now especially at work.  I reported the tower today so hopefully something will be done soon. Also, I've noticed my phone jumps around a lot among the 3 bands a lot more than it did in the past.  Is this to be expected as certain bands on towers get crowded?

Has anyone noticed slower speeds and texts not being sent? I've been having this problem for over a month now especially at work. I reported the tower today so hopefully something will be done soon. Also, I've noticed my phone jumps around a lot among the 3 bands a lot more than it did in the past. Is this to be expected as certain bands on towers get crowded?

I had been experiencing the same jump across all 3 bands here at work in Denver for a few months, but that seems to have stabilized the past few days and am now parked on B41. Maybe you're experiencing optimizations still. It was very annoying, but I didn't experience those service disruptions though.

Well currently my phone is parked on b41 which is great but I think the tower by my office is really bad. I have consistent pings of 400ms or more. I am at the point where I'm considering switching to either t-mobile or its mvno metro pcs. Speeds used to be great on sprint but it's gone downhill the past several months.

Well currently my phone is parked on b41 which is great but I think the tower by my office is really bad. I have consistent pings of 400ms or more. I am at the point where I'm considering switching to either t-mobile or its mvno metro pcs. Speeds used to be great on sprint but it's gone downhill the past several months.

You should report the issue. The mere fact that your connecting to B41 is a good sign it can be addressed.

Can you post a signal check screen shot?

What side of town are you? I work on the NW and I don't have that problem. I'm almost always on B26, but it's normally usable with speeds around 1-3 Mbps. I also don't notice any band jumping unless I'm driving. Don't forget WiMax dies tomorrow for us here. Maybe some changes are about to be made

I'm on the far west side of town. I ran a speed test on b41 by vance jackson and 410 and got 0.93/2.23. Ran the same test when I got home on b41 and got 16.3/12.5. Maybe with wimax shutting down after tomorrow we'll see more consistency.

I'm on the far west side of town. I ran a speed test on b41 by vance jackson and 410 and got 0.93/2.23. Ran the same test when I got home on b41 and got 16.3/12.5. Maybe with wimax shutting down after tomorrow we'll see more consistency.

The slower sites probably do not have CA enabled yet. Once in place it will help a ton.