Network Vision/LTE - San Antonio market

flyer8493

It might have to do with your location.  Everywhere I go from Austin to San Antonio (Manor are also)  I get great speeds.  What area were you  at when you did the speed test?

That area of Downtown isn't going to get better until tdd and micro cells.  you go out a few blocks and it is good.

If you go to Clear's website you will see that the wimax coverage is great on the riverwalk.  I loved it when I had my org evo and then the 3d.  had great service in Downtown S.A.  The lte is good and getting better.

• 2 months later...

That area of Downtown isn't going to get better until tdd and micro cells. you go out a few blocks and it is good.

If you go to Clear's website you will see that the wimax coverage is great on the riverwalk. I loved it when I had my org evo and then the 3d. had great service in Downtown S.A. The lte is good and getting better.

I hope they will add micro cells at Fiesta Texas fast. At times I can't get a text or phone call out to keep in touch with the family.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Anyone utilizing SPARK in San Antonio yet? I am patiently waiting with a NeXus 5, but don't know if I want an irritating constantly spinning icon. Any LG G2 people using it? I know one person with a G2 and she had no clue about it. She updated and really hasn't seen much difference yet. She hates the icon though.

Mike

Anyone utilizing SPARK in San Antonio yet? I am patiently waiting with a NeXus 5, but don't know if I want an irritating constantly spinning icon. Any LG G2 people using it? I know one person with a G2 and she had no clue about it. She updated and really hasn't seen much difference yet. She hates the icon though.

Mike

Don't think the nexus will be contaminated with that garbage spark icon.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The Nexus will not have the Spark icon. It's pure Google. No carrier brands whatsoever.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Anybody on the far west to northwest of San Antonio not getting calls while connected to LTE? I live nearby Culebra and Gas road by the national shooting complex and I have had to disable LTE so that I can receive calls and texts.

If I go to other areas of town it seems to work fine.

Edited by flyer8493

• 4 months later...

Excited to see the "156 CDMA 800" updates in the Site Acceptance Report today. With Sprint's recent waiver1 request with the FCC to help bring 800 to the IBEZ areas and this news, hopefully San Antonio is on its way to enjoying the fill-in coverage of 800MHz. We could definitely use B26 downtown along the River Walk and in the La Cantera/Six Flags area that have both poor spacing to accommodate the huge population relying on just the single B25, and poor building/structural penetration.

1 http://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Releases/Daily_Business/2014/db0826/DA-14-1238A1.pdf

• Like 2

In the Premier Sponsor section there are maps showing schedules of what is being added to Sprint sites in San Antonio.  Including B26 & B41 LTE.

OK...special deal for those of you in the San Antonio market.  

For a $50 PayPal donation tonight, I will make you a custom schedule map for this market or any market.  Get some personalized info and help support S4GRU!  Make the $50 donation, and reference in the notes which market you would like to receive.  Or $100 and the two markets you want to receive.

I will do your map(s) before I go to bed tonight, so you will have them no later than the morning.  You will need a Gmail address, because I will share the maps to you via Google Docs.  The schedule maps include every upgrade planned for every site in the next 6 months.  CDMA 1900 & 800, as well as LTE 1900, 800 and 2600 (B25, B26 & B41).

All donations will count toward your Sponsor, Premier Sponsor and Honored Premier Sponsor status.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Not too sure if anyone will read this, but it looks like there is some holdup with the fcc approving Sprint's request for 800 LTE deployment in SA.  I know I can't ask for specifics, but will this alter the timeline for band 26 deployment in SA?

http://apps.fcc.gov/ecfs/comment/view?id=60000980530

• Like 1

I wish I knew what was holding up the FCC on this. It appears that Sprint has taken careful consideration into the surrounding areas and found no reason to punish the city of San Antonio and a few surrounding areas because a small portion of the market is in the IBEZ. I saw about a month back San Antonio got several upgrades for 800 approved so hopefully Sprint will light some fire under the FCC and maybe slip them some Red Bull to wake them up so they can make a decision and we can start enjoying much denser coverage and get the load off B25 and I can have a useable data signal when I'm downtown

• Like 2

Not too sure if anyone will read this, but it looks like there is some holdup with the fcc approving Sprint's request for 800 LTE deployment in SA.  I know I can't ask for specifics, but will this alter the timeline for band 26 deployment in SA?

http://apps.fcc.gov/ecfs/comment/view?id=60000980530

I wish I knew what was holding up the FCC on this. It appears that Sprint has taken careful consideration into the surrounding areas and found no reason to punish the city of San Antonio and a few surrounding areas because a small portion of the market is in the IBEZ. I saw about a month back San Antonio got several upgrades for 800 approved so hopefully Sprint will light some fire under the FCC and maybe slip them some Red Bull to wake them up so they can make a decision and we can start enjoying much denser coverage and get the load off B25 and I can have a useable data signal when I'm downtown

In other areas, the FCC has been quick to provide these approvals.  It is amazing that Sprint has had to come back and reiterate a second time.  Hopefully, this will get them moving quickly.

• Like 1

I completely agree cyclone. I don't know why they're dragging feet but again this the federal government we're talking about. Also, how has your LTE been lately? For some reason it's been a little spotty the past few weeks.

I have noticed the same thing. I drive back and forth along 1604 from 90 to Helotes and I have random areas around Potranco and Hausmann as well as around my house (to be expected due to poor spacing because where my house and the surrounding neighborhoods are used to be a field of corn no more than 5 years ago). I will say driving around with Field Test mode running on my iPhone shows that I'm connected to B41 almost any time I'm on LTE, but then I hit those areas where it drops suddenly to 3G.

I have noticed the same thing. I drive back and forth along 1604 from 90 to Helotes and I have random areas around Potranco and Hausmann as well as around my house (to be expected due to poor spacing because where my house and the surrounding neighborhoods are used to be a field of corn no more than 5 years ago). I will say driving around with Field Test mode running on my iPhone shows that I'm connected to B41 almost any time I'm on LTE, but then I hit those areas where it drops suddenly to 3G.

Just out of curiosity, did you notice this after the maps were updated with 800 CDMA? I don't know the technical specifics or if it's even possible but I seem to think my overall LTE signal has changed since then.

Just out of curiosity, did you notice this after the maps were updated with 800 CDMA? I don't know the technical specifics or if it's even possible but I seem to think my overall LTE signal has changed since then.

I don't want to say yes or no specifically as I don't remember when it started, but that could be a high possibility that it happened around the same time

Great news! The FCC granted Sprint's wavier, so hopefully they will begin work on deploying band 26 around San Antonio and surrounding areas soon.

http://apps.fcc.gov/ecfs/comment/view?id=60000983003

And that's bearing out in the San Antonio Sprint schedule in the Premier Sponsor thread. Bring on the 800MHz!

I really wish I had the extra cash to be a premier sponsor so I could get all that great info. In any case I'll just have to wait but I do have one question. Without getting into specifics is it safe to assume that the equipment is in place already?

I really wish I had the extra cash to be a premier sponsor so I could get all that great info. In any case I'll just have to wait but I do have one question. Without getting into specifics is it safe to assume that the equipment is in place already?

Unless the site was a GMO (or in the IBEZ) then yes the equipment is already there. If you look at the spotting guides and then look at some of your local sites you should be able to confirm this.