New windows phones coming to Sprint.

nels0300

http://www.theverge.com/2012/7/8/3145295/nokia-lumia-sprint-verizon-pureview-richard-kerris

According to The Verge, there are windows phones coming to Sprint.

And

"Microsoft just announced four special hardware partners for Windows Phone 8 — Nokia, Huawei, Samsung, and HTC will have Windows Phone 8 devices running on "next generation silicon" from Qualcomm."

http://www.theverge.com/2012/6/20/3101742/nokia-samsung-htc-and-huawei-will-have-first-windows-phone-8-devices

I'm going to be waiting forever to upgrade! Was trying to decide between the GNEX vs the Galaxy S3 vs waiting for the next Nexus and now this is thrown into the mix!

Whatever they do with these devices, they need to make sure there is a rockstar WP device on both Sprint and Verizon. It's tough to get any kind of US app development going when you only have decent phone models on carriers covering less than half the wireless subscribers in the US.

I wonder if it will have LTE.

28nm qualcomm - LTE built-in

I am personally excited about a competitive windows phone. In my opinion, the biggest hurdle windows phone has had is poor hardware. Give me some modern hardware that's competitive to Android and I'll give it a whirl.

• Like 2

28nm qualcomm - LTE built-in

I am personally excited about a competitive windows phone. In my opinion, the biggest hurdle windows phone has had is poor hardware. Give me some modern hardware that's competitive to Android and I'll give it a whirl.

Even the Lumias weren't powerhouses. With the slick smooth OS and the same Qualcomm processor as the flagship Androids, these things should be able to smoke about any other phone without their trickery that they used

Hopefully by now they figured out how to make a cdma phone. More competition would be great!

I remember when Nokias were the phones to avoid if you were CDMA.

Sent from my EVO LTE

Hopefully by now they figured out how to make a cdma phone. More competition would be great!

I remember when Nokias were the phones to avoid if you were CDMA.

Sent from my EVO LTE

My Nokia 3390 was a GSM phone, and you definitely wanted to avoid that one, lol.

Sent from my LG Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner