Ok so not sure if this is the correct market but said LA. 

I flew into LA last night through LAX airport. It doesn't seem to be any better compared to last time I went through LAX 2 years back. Wow data is horrible at the airport unless I'm connect to wifi. I was outside the airport in the shuttle van and was either on B25 or 3G. I couldn't get data to work at all. Shuttle van was on Verizon data using tablet and no problem what so ever.

Does Sprint plan on adding small cells to LAX or do anything? It was a very bad experience.

2 hours ago, mnjeepmale said:

Ok so not sure if this is the correct market but said LA. 

I flew into LA last night through LAX airport. It doesn't seem to be any better compared to last time I went through LAX 2 years back. Wow data is horrible at the airport unless I'm connect to wifi. I was outside the airport in the shuttle van and was either on B25 or 3G. I couldn't get data to work at all. Shuttle van was on Verizon data using tablet and no problem what so ever.

Does Sprint plan on adding small cells to LAX or do anything? It was a very bad experience.

Verizon has multiple antenna arrays in the center of the airport covering just about every terminal.

Sprint has the airport covered from the outside of the airport property. 

So the difference in coverage is not surprising.

One can hope that Sprint will improve at the world’s busiest O&D airport.

Verizon has multiple antenna arrays in the center of the airport covering just about every terminal.
Sprint has the airport covered from the outside of the airport property. 
So the difference in coverage is not surprising.
One can hope that Sprint will improve at the world’s busiest O&D airport.

How does Tmobile compare at LAX? I've seen complains about them to.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Tengen31 said:

I don’t know about TMO, but I have seen AT&T equipment in the center of the airport as well.

Ill pay more attention the next time I’m there. 

I don’t know about TMO, but I have seen AT&T equipment in the center of the airport as well.
Ill pay more attention the next time I’m there. 
Hopefully airport's will be part of the higher capex also. Magicbox might not do good at airport's since they don't do carrier aggregation.

1 hour ago, Tengen31 said:

T-Mobile and Sprint are both pretty bad. AT&T and Verizon are both pretty good due to the fact they have equipment at the center of the airport. 

There have been some positive B26 developments on the maps. Just trying to find it out in the wild now. 

I’m hearing B26 should be live in parts of LA any day now. Keep us updated. SoCal needs it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Brynn0823 said:

I’m hearing B26 should be live in parts of LA any day now. Keep us updated. SoCal needs it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be great!

I'll be flying into LAX tonight and I'll be reporting on the state of the sprint network there. I believe both Verizon and AT&T have tower in and around the airport. I know 2 to 3 years ago people on reddit.com/r/tmobile were reporting issues at the airport and t-mobile had  1 or 2 new sites on air in about 1.5 years on top of the parking garages. I also have a t-mobile sim so i'll be testing that as well but I believe its only 2xCA since its a moto e plus 4th edition.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2018 at 7:04 AM, mirskyc said:

I'll be flying into LAX tonight and I'll be reporting on the state of the sprint network there. 

If you happen to notice any small cells while you're in town please let us know.  I have about 40 on the LA Metro map, but it would be nice to add more.  I just need a location, image and engineering screen to add a site to the map.  Thanks!

On 1/27/2018 at 12:04 PM, bigmachine said:

If you happen to notice any small cells while you're in town please let us know.  I have about 40 on the LA Metro map, but it would be nice to add more.  I just need a location, image and engineering screen to add a site to the map.  Thanks!

Not really sure what to look for in LA but I have connected to a lot of B41 MM sites according to SCP. My guess is these replaced the Clear equipment because I haven't seen any clear sites. 

Any idea what the PCS spectrum is like here?

Is it 5x5 in the G block and 10x10 in the A-F blocks?

Or is the 10x10 I'm seeing a combination of 5x5 in the G block plus 5x5 in the C block

Also I have yet to see any B26 here, I know there has been some sighting but I haven't had any. It would really come in handy here I am contently bouncing between very weak B41 to weak B25 to unusable 3G. When connected to B41 speeds have been great though. Multiple sites reach over 100Mbps during none peak hours and still over 30 during peak times. B25 on the other hand is anywhere between 3 to 10Mbps even on the 10x10 Carrier. 

Edit: Also noticed that Config 2 hasn't been turned on here yet. I am getting upload speeds over 9Mbps most of the time on B41

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, mirskyc said:
Not really sure what to look for in LA but I have connected to a lot of B41 MM sites according to SCP. My guess is these replaced the Clear equipment because I haven't seen any clear sites. 

Or is the 10x10 I'm seeing a combination of 5x5 in the G block plus 5x5 in the C block

Also I have yet to see any B26 here, I know there has been some sighting but I haven't had any. It would really come in handy here I am contently bouncing between very weak B41 to weak B25 to unusable 3G. When connected to B41 speeds have been great though. Multiple sites reach over 100Mbps during none peak hours and still over 30 during peak times. B25 on the other hand is anywhere between 3 to 10Mbps even on the 10x10 Carrier. 

Edit: Also noticed that Config 2 hasn't been turned on here yet. I am getting upload speeds over 9Mbps most of the time on B41

MMs and flexi zones primarily in light poles. Clear sites are mostly Samsung unless you're in northern parts which was Huawei converted to Nokia.

b25 is 10 MHz A + 5 MHz G.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mirskyc said:

Yes, most Clear sites have the Nokia MM gear, but so do a lot of the Mobilitie sites.  Since I don’t have SCP it’s hard to say what it’s picking up on. 

I believe B25 is A block and G block in LA.  Points to the south may be different. 

And I have yet to see any B26. I seriously doubt it’s on air for the general public.

15 minutes ago, bigmachine said:

Yes, most Clear sites have the Nokia MM gear, but so do a lot of the Mobilitie sites.  Since I don’t have SCP it’s hard to say what it’s picking up on. 

I believe B25 is A block and G block in LA.  Points to the south may be different. 

And I have yet to see any B26. I seriously doubt it’s on air for the general public.

Won't be til EOY 18 optimistically

10 hours ago, bigmachine said:

I only see B25 on C&G Block 10Mhz in San Diego.  Waiting for it to be 15Mhz wideband.  We used to have B25 5Mhz on A Block.  When I was in LA, I noticed B25 is also 10Mhz?

• Like 1