I wish I was optimistic about Sprints ability to upgrade its network and expand LTE. They really don’t care about rural America. I mean perhaps they do but the lack of funding has them handcuffed. And the issues with band 26 for SoCal is painful. The Mexican government.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw firsthand what the improvements at Dodger Stadium might be.

https://twitter.com/JGSprintWest/status/894624226510069761

It looks like a multi-sector / multi-beam antenna has been installed pointing toward the stadium.

Apologies for the terrible, impressionistic photo, but the rightmost wide panel is the multi-sector antenna:

sIXTrgQm.png

• Like 1

https://twitter.com/JGSprintWest/status/894624226510069761

It looks like a multi-sector / multi-beam antenna has been installed pointing toward the stadium.

Apologies for the terrible, impressionistic photo, but the rightmost wide panel is the multi-sector antenna:

sIXTrgQm.png

Cci multi beam antenna. I geolocate it on the reddit thread.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Anyone have any news to report about band 26 for SoCal or small cells in Orange County,riverside county etc...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

On 9/8/2017 at 1:43 AM, Brynn0823 said:

Anyone have any news to report about band 26 for SoCal or small cells in Orange County,riverside county etc...

There have been some positive B26 developments on the maps. Just trying to find it out in the wild now. 

So I'm in  the L.A area an coverage is good. Speeds ok.  Almost got 30 on band 25. It's 10x10 here so that helps.  Seen allot of small cells but can't tell if it's sprint or not.  Haven't had band 26 yet.  Also phone stays on 800 voice awhile.  Anyways that's my input

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jthawks said:

So I'm in  the L.A area an coverage is good. Speeds ok.  Almost got 30 on band 25. It's 10x10 here so that helps.  Seen allot of small cells but can't tell if it's sprint or not.  Haven't had band 26 yet.  Also phone stays on 800 voice awhile.  Anyways that's my input

There are a lot of small cells in LA Metro.  Sprint uses Mobilitie and its own oDAS system and mini-macros in the hills.  Verizon has tons of small cells and is on a lot of the Philips SmartPoles scattered around LA proper.  T-Mobile took over a lot of the MetroPCS oDAS system plus a few new strand cells have been popping up on Crown Castle's fiber system.  AT&T has mostly been densifying with macro sites, but that may be changing. 

This is the first Mobilitie small cell that I've seen in the West San Fernando Valley.  This one is in Reseda.

2s4Tx8sm.jpg

• Like 4

16 hours ago, bigmachine said:

This is the first Mobilitie small cell that I've seen in the West San Fernando Valley.  This one is in Reseda.

2s4Tx8sm.jpg

Is that off Etiwanda? 

On 9/8/2017 at 1:43 AM, Brynn0823 said:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I drove to Temecula yesterday with CellMapper on my Sprint line (Unlocked Galaxy S8)--it showed 2 new B26 LTE connections on the 91 in Orange County and a half-dozen B26 LTE connections on the 15 between Corona/Temecula in Riverside.

Maybe it's COMING SOON!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, newyork4me said:

I drove to Temecula yesterday with CellMapper on my Sprint line (Unlocked Galaxy S8)--it showed 2 new B26 LTE connections on the 91 in Orange County and a half-dozen B26 LTE connections on the 15 between Corona/Temecula in Riverside.

Maybe it's COMING SOON!

Would you be able to check engineering screens?

31 minutes ago, bucdenny said:

Would you be able to check engineering screens?

When I go back next month, I will.  I didn't actually expect to have it discover any B26, so I wasn't looking at my Sprint phone. 

• Like 1

So are the macro sites able to give their location?  Like I'll get a super strong signal but there bsl is almost a mile away. No where close to me .  So I guess my question is do we now if we are connected to a macro or small cell?  Also I'm off rodeo drive now in Beverly hills .  

3 hours ago, jthawks said:

So are the macro sites able to give their location?  Like I'll get a super strong signal but there bsl is almost a mile away. No where close to me .  So I guess my question is do we now if we are connected to a macro or small cell?  Also I'm off rodeo drive now in Beverly hills .  

Once upon a time, BSLs we're the actual site coordinates, but now a vast majority use what are called offsets.  Triangulation with the BSL coordinates of all sectors is the only way to narrow down the approximate location.

Also, BSLs are a CDMA technology feature.  Small cells are LTE only.  That's where site notes on SCP comes into play. :tu:

• Like 1

On 9/16/2017 at 0:11 PM, jthawks said:

All Sprint small cells found in the Ohio markets have had their Cascade ID posted at the site, so it makes singling it out a lot easier.  They've all contained 90XS.  For instance, a cascade ID for a small cell found in a Cleveland, OH area suburb is CL90XSB19.  Obviously, the LA market prefix is different.  Also, the signal is quite strong standing next to those things.  I've achieved low -60s RSRP standing roughly 20 feet away from the pole.

The one Seattle Small Cell I've been to did not have the Cascade ID present. Fortunately I knew it from other sources. 

3 hours ago, Joski1624 said:

All Sprint small cells found in the Ohio markets have had their Cascade ID posted at the site, so it makes singling it out a lot easier.  They've all contained 90XS.  For instance, a cascade ID for a small cell found in a Cleveland, OH area suburb is CL90XSB19.  Obviously, the LA market prefix is different.  Also, the signal is quite strong standing next to those things.  I've achieved low -60s RSRP standing roughly 20 feet away from the pole.

A lot of the Mobilitie sites I've seen in this market do have Cascade IDs on the equipment, but you need a really good telephoto lens or binoculars to read them.

13 hours ago, jthawks said:

SCP is able to detect the difference between a macro site and a small cell. It will say Sprint B41 SC (or MM) if you are connected to a small cell. The BSL is based on the 1x signal, which is only broadcast from macro sites. As already mentioned, small cells are LTE only.

7 hours ago, Dkoellerwx said:

SCP is able to detect the difference between a macro site and a small cell. It will say Sprint B41 SC (or MM) if you are connected to a small cell. The BSL is based on the 1x signal, which is only broadcast from macro sites. As already mentioned, small cells are LTE only.

I was the driver so I didn't have time to fully check out site's a n scp unfortunately.  My girlfriend wouldn't give me the wtf you doing look so. So I think my all around service is better here in Colorado but still good in the socal area. Saw mm but don't remember seeing sc. Well next time I'm there I know what to look for.  

3 hours ago, jthawks said:

I was the driver so I didn't have time to fully check out site's a n scp unfortunately.  My girlfriend wouldn't give me the wtf you doing look so. So I think my all around service is better here in Colorado but still good in the socal area. Saw mm but don't remember seeing sc. Well next time I'm there I know what to look for.  

MM (Mini macro) in Southern California is more commonly from a converted Clear site or new B41 deployments on macro sites, but MMs are sometimes used on small cells. 

18 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

MM (Mini macro) in Southern California is more commonly from a converted Clear site or new B41 deployments on macro sites, but MMs are sometimes used on small cells. 

Socal pole mounted cells are predominately nokia mini macros with a few nokia flexi zones tossed in here and there. There is no way to distinguish between Nokia Mini Macros or Flexi Zones based on GCI afaik. 

16 minutes ago, lilotimz said:

Socal pole mounted cells are predominately nokia mini macros with a few nokia flexi zones tossed in here and there. There is no way to distinguish between Nokia Mini Macros or Flexi Zones based on GCI afaik. 

I wondered but I was not sure. For some reason I thought there may be a difference between relay sites and fiber fed sites. 

37 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

I wondered but I was not sure. For some reason I thought there may be a difference between relay sites and fiber fed sites. 

May be but from observations SCP identifies all nokia small cells as MMs.

On August 20, 2017 at 7:33 PM, bigmachine said:

sIXTrgQm.png

From the "Only in Hollywood" files:  This site is in the Netflix documentary "Long Shot" at about 29 minutes in.  Cell sites, murder, "Curb Your Enthusiasm" and a Dodger Game... who knew?

• Like 1

There should be strong hope for us L.A. folks shortly.

I believe SB 649 was allowed to go into law today without the governor's signature--this is the bill that allows small cells (basically everywhere) and for no more than $250/YEAR rent charge.  With those favorable attributes, Sprint/Mobilitie should be able to put a small cell on every corner.

EDIT: Disregard. It got a late night veto.