Speaking of a growing number of B41 sites have you noticed any new Mobilitie sites?

I've seen a few added around the first sites in the K-town area, mostly north and west of there.

I haven't been traveled out to DTLA or West LA to notice any Mobilitie sites.  Hopefully they start expanding those Mobilitie sites to the OC and eastern parts of LA county (like past the 605 FWY).

• Like 2

Well, I made a FCC complaint, Not really  against Sprint, but San Bernardino County.  Here's Sprint's response...

See attached.

In short, Sprint places the blame for the slow San Bernardino retune on the the IBEZ and the Mexico side not rebanding their 800mhz  Apparently SB County can't reband their 800mhz Safety freq until Mexico side rebands first.   And Sprint can't deploy 800mhz LTE until SB County rebands.  A domino effect.  So until the IBEZ is rebanded, and than SB County, LA Metro and other So Cal areas will have to wait for 800MHZ LTE.

• Like 6

Well, I made a FCC complaint, Not really  against Sprint, but San Bernardino County.  Here's Sprint's response...

See attached.

In short, Sprint places the blame for the slow San Bernardino retune on the the IBEZ and the Mexico side not rebanding their 800mhz  Apparently SB County can't reband their 800mhz Safety freq until Mexico side rebands first.   And Sprint can't deploy 800mhz LTE until SB County rebands.  A domino effect.  So until the IBEZ is rebanded, and than SB County, LA Metro and other So Cal areas will have to wait for 800MHZ LTE.

Good info. Too bad they don't mention their progress on deploying 800Mhz 1x and how far in advance that will come before LTE. I'd love to have LTE at all times indoors, but I'd settle to first have a good calling experience.

• Like 1

Well, I made a FCC complaint, Not really against Sprint, but San Bernardino County. Here's Sprint's response...

That was a clever way to get a response.

It basically aligns with what I was told.

That was a clever way to get a response.

It basically aligns with what I was told.

So that 2H2018 was probably just a conservative guess on their part since they really don't know. At least that's what it sounds like. Could be anytime all the way up till the next 2 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So that 2H2018 was probably just a conservative guess on their part since they really don't know. At least that's what it sounds like. Could be anytime all the way up till the next 2 years

Two years actually seems about right depending on how quick Mexico rebands. Once Mexico is finished then sprint has to wait on San Bernardino to finish up. Then at some point sprint then has to put 800 MHz RRUs on nearly every site in SoCal, or at least the ones that got NV upgrades after they realize this was going to take an extra 7 years...

Nextel. The gift that keeps on giving. [emoji23]

• Like 3

See attached.

Did you know that Trump promised that his proposed wall will not only block people from entering the country, but it will also block all RF to/from Mexico?  Problem solved!

• Like 1

Did you know that Trump promised that his proposed wall will not only block people from entering the country, but it will also block all RF to/from Mexico? Problem solved!

Mexico is sending all its bad signals and interference over here. (Maybe some of the signals are OK.)

We're going to build a Faraday Wall and AT&T Mexico is going to pay for it.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The Mobilitie small cell invasion has begun creeping toward Universal City and just SE of Burbank.  They seem to have streamlined the design and installation to something more visually appealing than the initial batch in K-Town and Hollywood.

qQlfRI9m.jpg

cg3Ptm2m.png

• Like 6

The Mobilitie small cell invasion has begun creeping toward Universal City and just SE of Burbank.  They seem to have streamlined the design and installation to something more visually appealing than the initial batch in K-Town and Hollywood.

Is there a higher res picture you might be able to link to? Just want to take a closer look!

• Like 1

Is there a higher res picture you might be able to link to? Just want to take a closer look!

Here's a link to the full res picture, but it's just an iPhone pic:

http://imgur.com/qQlfRI9

And here's a much better closeup of a similar setup from Jonathan Kramer's site.  The only difference is a missing cover on the post of the top mounted antenna:

http://wireless.blog.law/2016/10/23/mobilities-walrus-design/ 

• Like 5

And here's a much better closeup of a similar setup from Jonathan Kramer's site.  The only difference is a missing cover on the post of the top mounted antenna:

That works! The inline photo just appeared really small on my phone. Thanks!

• Like 1

Nice to see Nokia FTHC LTE UE Relay antennas are now in service. 

• Like 4

Nice to see Nokia FTHC LTE UE Relay antennas are now in service. 

It's good to see more Nokia gear in this market.

Also, the placement of this site is interesting.  It's very close to a macro site (as in 1500 ft. or so away).  It seems to strategically fill in an area that might be in a signal "shadow" due to some structures in the way.

• Like 2

Also, the placement of this site is interesting.  It's very close to a macro site (as in 1500 ft. or so away).  It seems to strategically fill in an area that might be in a signal "shadow" due to some structures in the way.

Very likely IMO. 

Also, the placement of this site is interesting. It's very close to a macro site (as in 1500 ft. or so away). It seems to strategically fill in an area that might be in a signal "shadow" due to some structures in the way.

Hopefully they install some of these in 91214

Hopefully they install some of these in 91214

Or even the entire SoCal market from Orange County, to riverside county, to the I.E. and San Diego county...and like soon lol.

• Like 2

Or even the entire SoCal market from Orange County, to riverside county, to the I.E. and San Diego county...and like soon lol.

Ya I agree. For some reason, it seems like SoCal is being neglected in the sprint network upgrades

Ya I agree. For some reason, it seems like SoCal is being neglected in the sprint network upgrades

I second that. No new upgrades since early 2016 in San Diego. Permits been dead.

I second that. No new upgrades since early 2016 in San Diego. Permits been dead.

You may be surprised. I find my first macro 2.5 permit just this week after more than a year of nothing.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 1