Yeah, I kinda figured that. I just hope it's usable enough for basic social media stuff since that's what she usually uses it for.

I live about .9 miles away from the Rose Bowl. Above I mentioned how bad service is across from the Sprint store in Old Town, which is the parade route. You should be fine, but its going to be slow all over Pasadena. Tri-band makes a huge difference. It really depends on where you are staying and hanging out at.

Did a bused beer tour yesterday. 2 of the 3 locations had really strong B41:

Golden Road Brewery - 40 Mbps down.

Eagle Rock Brewery - 35 Mbps down

Sunset Beer Company- Too many beers to remember accurately, but data was plenty fast.

• Like 2

Yeah, I kinda figured that. I just hope it's usable enough for basic social media stuff since that's what she usually uses it for.

I live about .9 miles away from the Rose Bowl. Above I mentioned how bad service is across from the Sprint store in Old Town, which is the parade route. You should be fine, but its going to be slow all over Pasadena. Tri-band makes a huge difference. It really depends on where you are staying and hanging out at.

Was in Old Town last night, pretty much just north of Colorado and Raymond. Inside both places I went to my phone was always connected to B25, and data was plenty usable. Walking outside on the street, I saw B41 a few times. I imagine with all the people for the parade though, it's going to be pretty slow.

Was in Old Town last night, pretty much just north of Colorado and Raymond. Inside both places I went to my phone was always connected to B25, and data was plenty usable. Walking outside on the street, I saw B41 a few times. I imagine with all the people for the parade though, it's going to be pretty slow.

Yeah, I'm not expecting much. We have seats in the grandstands right on the corner of Colorado Boulevard and Orange Grove. Based on the Clearwire premier map, we might not be in range of any band 41. It's hard to know for sure though.

Slowly adding some speedtests to sensorly, At the Jack in the Box, Altadena, off of the 210 Arroyo exit, on my non tri-band phone I never had reception there, even to talk. With tri-band the speed is amazing, B41, 40down/20up all around the drive thru.

Going over to Glendale tomorrow to see how this is. I never knew there were bused beer tours. My buddy just got in from London and maybe we need to give that a try.

The past week I have seen nothing but people reporting new 8er sites and speed tests on these sites. What is going on haha

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

There seems to be a lot of 88er sites popping up. I'm just here visiting for the week but I've seen a fair amount of 88er sites already.
  • Like 1

There seems to be a lot of 88er sites popping up. I'm just here visiting for the week but I've seen a fair amount of 88er sites already.

There are a lot of 8T8R sites in LA. I never have a telephoto lens with me when I see them though.

I was at Knott's Berry Farm today and got decent speeds on B41 in most of the park.

There are a lot of 8T8R sites in LA. I never have a telephoto lens with me when I see them though.

I was at Knott's Berry Farm today and got decent speeds on B41 in most of the park.

It's hard to know how many there really are because LA doesn't have a premier market thread and the country acceptance map is behind.

If I wasn't here for vacation I'd try to take more pictures, but for the most part when I see 88er connections or equipment I'm riding in the car. I saw installed equipment today on a stealth site (fake tree type) but it wasn't broadcasting yet

I was on band 41 almost to the end of the pier. Even on band 25 the speeds were a decent 4-5Mbps.

Did you happen to go to 3rd St.?  If so, I'm curious to see if speeds have improved since a month ago.

Oh really? I was at Knott's when Scary Farm was going on, and I could hardly use what B25 I was able to get. Looks like they really are improving fast.

Pasadena or Santa Monica? If Pasadena, is that with crowds?

Pasadena. I'm at the parade and can consistently get 25-30Mbps on Clearwire 41.

Band 25 was unuseable. I had to turn on my hotspot for my dad to use his Galaxy Tab 3.

• Like 1

Pasadena. I'm at the parade and can consistently get 25-30Mbps on Clearwire 41.

Band 25 was unuseable. I had to turn on my hotspot for my dad to use his Galaxy Tab 3.

How were you able to switch from 25 to 41? I was at Lee's Sandwich, on Colorado, across from Target the other day and was switching on and off from 3G and B25. Haven't seen B41 when i have walked up and down the Old Town area either.

The Rose Bowl loop is pretty iffy too. I tried to do LTE speedtests where I could but it was in and out constantly.

How were you able to switch from 25 to 41? I was at Lee's Sandwich, on Colorado, across from Target the other day and was switching on and off from 3G and B25. Haven't seen B41 when i have walked up and down the Old Town area either.

The Rose Bowl loop is pretty iffy too. I tried to do LTE speedtests where I could but it was in and out constantly.

Little confused by your question. The phone was always on band 41 in the seating area. I had around -97dBm signal. The seating was on the west side of 710.

• 2 weeks later...

I just have to say I'm thrilled because just after the new year the tower that covers most of UCLA's north campus was activated with Band 25 LTE - 3 or 4 days later, the tower that sits on top of my residence hall was upgraded to LTE. HUZZAH I IS SO HAPPY MY SPRINT SERVICE IS USABLE AGAIN IN THE VAST MAJORITY OF WHERE I SPEND MY TIME.  Yay. So Happy.

• Like 3