that's insane, what device do you have? i live by topham and tampa (south of topham) and i'm lucky to get 5mbps with my g2

I have a M8. Most of the B41 sites in that area seem to need eCSFB updates, but that one site is ridiculously fast.

Downtown LA is pretty good for B41.

• Like 1

I know this has been mentioned before, but it's been a while.  I've noticed driving around L.A. that there are a lot of sites/repeaters that don't appear on the maps at all.  For example, Kanan Dume road has antennas about every 2-3 miles.  The Hollywood Hills have tons of sites.  Any idea why these don't show up on the maps at all?  They're definitely sending out native Sprint signals based on signal strength when passing them.

I know this has been mentioned before, but it's been a while. I've noticed driving around L.A. that there are a lot of sites/repeaters that don't appear on the maps at all. For example, Kanan Dume road has antennas about every 2-3 miles. The Hollywood Hills have tons of sites. Any idea why these don't show up on the maps at all? They're definitely sending out native Sprint signals based on signal strength when passing them.

Some types of repeaters get independent Cascade ID numbers, they get shown in maps. Others get tied to a specific site and do not get their own Cascade ID and are not shown in the master Sprint database of sites. We don't know what the difference in the actual equipment is and why Sprint wants to show some repeaters as an official site with ID number and some as not.

The same issue exists for DAS Systems. For years, Sprint only showed public DAS systems in their site database (like airports, stadiums, shopping malls, etc). Corporate/Enterprise DAS systems were not shown. However, now when a Corporate/Enterprise DAS gets NV upgrades, they are appearing in their database. And sometimes even on the Sprint Network maps!

If a site does not get a Cascade ID, we will not show it on the maps.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for the explanation!

Does it serve any purpose to this community to report the locations of sites that don't appear on the maps?

We may in the future start tracking down extraneous repeaters. But we currently have our hands full tracking B26/B41 at the moment. But I do appreciate the idea.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• 2 weeks later...

I visited some friends at West Hills and I noticed several repeaters along the Valley Circle Blvd. exit from the 101 going to the 118. 

Was it obvious which repeaters were Sprint?  They seem to use a wide variety of antenna designs.  There are a lot of repeaters in this market!

Was it obvious which repeaters were Sprint?  They seem to use a wide variety of antenna designs.  There are a lot of repeaters in this market!

I'll take pictures next time I go around that area, but I'm pretty sure based on the location of where it was on the NV Sites Complete map that they are repeaters/mini-towers.

They looked like they were hanging from a power line.

They looked like they were hanging from a power line.

Those utility pole installations are pretty common in the L.A. area.  All of the carriers have them, plus NextG built out quite a few for MetroPCS.  I'd be curious to see what T-Mobile does with that.  Maybe Sprint can use those in areas that need fill in coverage.

I am considering becoming a sponsor but want to know what information does it show for 4G. For example does it show it's Band 25/26/41 status?

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S5 on Virgin Mobile USA. 

This address "880 S ATLANTIC BLVD MONTEREY PARK CA 91754 location of Sprint cell site is shown on the Sprint coverage map as Sprint Spark "TURBO"

But at home right across from the cell site is that my LTE speeds are about 17-20 Mbps down and I am still registering on Cell 22 - Band 25. Sometimes my phone will loose LTE coverage and prefer to utilize 3G. I am assuming eCSFB is not set up on Band 41 yet. I have to toggle airplane mode to get LTE back. I have registered on band 41 in other areas.
  • Like 1

I am considering becoming a sponsor but want to know what information does it show for 4G. For example does it show it's Band 25/26/41 status?

Sponsors get access to B25 and 1x800 information.  Premiere Sponsors get access to B26 and B41 info.  It's definitely money well spent if you're interested in these sort of things.

As far as eCSFB on B41 in the L.A. Metro market, it's very hit or miss in many areas.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

San Bernardino County is the holdup for LTE 800 in the LA market.

There is a really great schedule map in the Premiere Sponsor section. It has B41 8T8R deployment info if you're interested in that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering, will my phone (Samsung Galaxy S5) make some sort of special notification when I'm on Sprint Spark?

No. Your phone will just show LTE with the Spark "sun" icon in your notification bar, whether you're on Spark or just on normal LTE.

However, there is an app out there called SignalCheck (with a Lite free version or a Pro version with some extra features) that will tell you whether you are on LTE Band 26 or LTE Band 41 or just the normal Sprint Band 25 (labeled just as "Sprint"). You should check it out.

No. Your phone will just show LTE with the Spark "sun" icon in your notification bar, whether you're on Spark or just on normal LTE.

However, there is an app out there called SignalCheck (with a Lite free version or a Pro version with some extra features) that will tell you whether you are on LTE Band 26 or LTE Band 41 or just the normal Sprint Band 25 (labeled just as "Sprint"). You should check it out.

Fortunately I do have the Signal Check app.

That's a very strong signal. And you are pretty close to me. You live south of the boulevard? 

I don't actually live close to that site, I just went on an epic journey around the Valley tracking down sites that hadn't been converted to NV.  ( I think this is the only place in the world where I would admit that.)

That area is nice -- I wouldn't mind living there.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am hoping that when I finally upgrade to a spark device, this will be better

These are my results on single band LTE, with my Note 3, Fairfax and Wilshire is the location.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/1048254991

Signal always jumps back and forth from 3g to 4g, but all the other providers get even better numbers on 3G. Good thing signal strength at home is still the best of all the providers.

Sent from G-Note 3

Having a Spark device made a night and day difference in my speeds with Sprint.

I've been able to get 74 Mbps in several parts of L.A., most of the time speeds are in the mid 20s-30s -- a more than useable experience!

• Like 1

These are my results on single band LTE, with my Note 3, Fairfax and Wilshire is the location.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/1048254991

Signal always jumps back and forth from 3g to 4g, but all the other providers get even better numbers on 3G. Good thing signal strength at home is still the best of all the providers.

Sent from G-Note 3

As what bigmachine said, Spark is pretty widespread in LA. I also typically get the mid 20s to 30s, which is great in my opinion, and I've seen it go up to 74 in certain places like West Hall of the LA Convention Center.

• Like 3