2 story building, but my cube is in the middle, back, further from the antenna. Most of the structure is concrete yet i still have -99 to -105 consistantly. They've been testing the LTE on this tower for the last week and today it has been on the whole day.

Impressive

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Can updates to the tower be completed, but still not broadcast any 4G signal? The tower that I live nearby is stated to have been upgraded to with Network Vision 3G and 4G, but no 4G signal has been detected on my Nexus 5, my dad's LG G2, or my mom's Moto X. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, it seems like they just flipped a bunch of sites at San Fernando Valley and from Downtown LA to West LA to have 3G, 4G, and 800 Mhz Voice service in the last update.

The map turned from yellow dots to green dots for those areas.

• Like 1

FWIW, I have spent all week kicking around LA, the Fairplex, and Santa Ana, and have been getting good Band 25 LTE almost everywhere I've been, including solid 28 Mbps download on my hotspot inside Bldg 7 at the Fairplex. No Band 41 that I have seen, but I am currently on 800 voice at LAX. Much better connections than the last time I was here a few months ago.

Oh, and thanks for the Disneyesque earthquake (lots of shaking but virtually no damage). Very nice of you to keep us visitors entertained.

Now back to the tundra.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

My girlfrend and I are about to move to the Mid-Wilshire area in the next few weeks (W 3rd Near the Grove). We are assuming that will be a high traffic area due to the abundance of shoppers combined with the usual LA traffic. 

A quick search of this thread shows 25Mbps down, but that was a post from April 2013. 

How are the speeds in that area now? Still as consistently fast?

My girlfrend and I are about to move to the Mid-Wilshire area in the next few weeks (W 3rd Near the Grove). We are assuming that will be a high traffic area due to the abundance of shoppers combined with the usual LA traffic. 

A quick search of this thread shows 25Mbps down, but that was a post from April 2013. 

How are the speeds in that area now? Still as consistently fast?

That area has couple of band 41 sites lives and couple more to go live soon.

Your data will probably be a bit average since it's a high traffic area. Your best bet would be to get a spark phone and enjoy some super fast speeds. The coverage in LA has improved a lot. If you start heading to mission hills, northridge, and around that area you'll be on 3G most of the time from my experience.

That area has couple of band 41 sites lives and couple more to go live soon.

Your data will probably be a bit average since it's a high traffic area. Your best bet would be to get a spark phone and enjoy some super fast speeds. The coverage in LA has improved a lot. If you start heading to mission hills, northridge, and around that area you'll be on 3G most of the time from my experience.

Oh, I am already ahead of the curve on that. I have a Nexus 5 and have already activated the 26 and 41 bands through the engineering menus. Can't wait!. 

• 1 month later...

Spent half the day in Long Beach after driving from San Diego. Very poor/intermittent data connection and call quality both during the drive and in the city. :( Also had trouble getting a GPS lock. I had to embarrassingly make a call using someone's Verizon phone and navigate using another person's AT&T phone.

Spent half the day in Long Beach after driving from San Diego. Very poor/intermittent data connection and call quality both during the drive and in the city. :( Also had trouble getting a GPS lock. I had to embarrassingly make a call using someone's Verizon phone and navigate using another person's AT&T phone.

Lack of GPS lock makes me think there is something wrong with your phone.   Does the G2 have GPS issues?

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings from the Chicago market forum.  I just returned from the LA/Malibu area and man I have new found sympathy for you guys and other non Chicago markets.  After spending time in Calabasas, Malibu, Santa Monica, Brentwood, Venice, and Westwood I really don't know how you folks survive.  I don't have a tri-band device (just regular B25 LTE), but service was not impressive to say the least on both 4G and 3G fronts and voice and data.  I don't know much about NV in the LA market, but every time I get frustrated here in Chicago (a pretty advanced NV market) I will remember others in even larger markets may not be as fortunate.  Good luck guys, patience is a virtue. 

Greetings from the Chicago market forum.  I just returned from the LA/Malibu area and man I have new found sympathy for you guys and other non Chicago markets.  After spending time in Calabasas, Malibu, Santa Monica, Brentwood, Venice, and Westwood I really don't know how you folks survive.  I don't have a tri-band device (just regular B25 LTE), but service was not impressive to say the least on both 4G and 3G fronts and voice and data.  I don't know much about NV in the LA market, but every time I get frustrated here in Chicago (a pretty advanced NV market) I will remember others in even larger markets may not be as fortunate.  Good luck guys, patience is a virtue. 

I think it all depends where in LA you are. The market is not as advanced in terms of NV build and Sprint still has to get a lot of sites updated. Chiraq is almost done with all their updates. 

I think it all depends where in LA you are. The market is not as advanced in terms of NV build and Sprint still has to get a lot of sites updated. Chiraq is almost done with all their updates. 

Yeah I found a lot of EVDO service in and around LA using Signal Check, which is something I haven't seen since 2012 in Chicago.  All our 3G is now eHRPD since all our sites are 3G/4G/800 complete, so the existence of EVDO implied legacy sites are still quite abundant in the LA Market.  We all know legacy sites equate to the stereotypical bad Sprint service with dial up like speeds.

Lack of GPS lock makes me think there is something wrong with your phone.   Does the G2 have GPS issues?

Yes, I have come to conclude that the GPS issue is specific to the LG G2 and not the Sprint network.

Yeah I found a lot of EVDO service in and around LA using Signal Check, which is something I haven't seen since 2012 in Chicago.  All our 3G is now eHRPD since all our sites are 3G/4G/800 complete, so the existence of EVDO implied legacy sites are still quite abundant in the LA Market.  We all know legacy sites equate to the stereotypical bad Sprint service with dial up like speeds.

Los Angeles is nothing compared to how bad it is in San Francisco, Stockton, and Sacramento. Especially San Francisco.

San Jose is now removed from my list of horrible tri band service due to the last acceptance. Before you'd have to put it on 3G only mode to even get a signal.

I have high hopes the California cities behind schedule will light up soon!

I can't remember the last time I've seen EVDO.  LA is a really large city tho.

I'm heading up to LAX today with my new Nexus 5 update in hand. I'm looking forward to try out Band 41 as it is non-existent yet in Southern Orange County.

Is there any B26 in Los Angeles? I know of the public safety issue but wasn't sure if it extended to LA.

I'm heading up to LAX today with my new Nexus 5 update in hand. I'm looking forward to try out Band 41 as it is non-existent yet in Southern Orange County.

Is there any B26 in Los Angeles? I know of the public safety issue but wasn't sure if it extended to LA.

Just got back from LA. I'm happy to report there is a lot of band 41 up there. At the airport, I got 40 mbps on band 41 while band 25 LTE only got 0.15 mbps. I'm sad though that although I got a lot of Band 41, I never received more than 2 bars. Even if 2 bars gives you fast downloads, psychologically, it doesn't feel good.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

My S5 stayed connected to B41 all over the 405, 101, and 5.

Not the fastest speeds compared to what I seem in the east bay but huge improvement over regular overloaded b25 network. The only bad spot that it was a nightmare was in mission hills and northridge.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...