cle lte updates?

technoman888

Yea I am south of cleveland dont know if I am getting LTE. Correct me if I'm wrong bit I think that all the towers at some point will have LTE. Also I wonder if in 2014 there will be like a 5g on Verizon

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Yea I am south of cleveland dont know if I am getting LTE. Correct me if I'm wrong bit I think that all the towers at some point will have LTE. Also I wonder if in 2014 there will be like a 5g on Verizon

Sprint markets are huge, as you can see in the image below the Cleveland market takes up quite a large percentage of the state.

rnCk2.jpg

Verizon probably won't have anything better than LTE in 2014, LTE is a solid standard and it's probably going to be around for quite awhile.

• Like 1

The next evolution in mobile wireless data is LTE Advanced, which does not come even close to 5G standards. Also, Verizon's LTE network is not LTE Advanced ready in the way that Sprint's is. Sprint may even be able to beat Verizon to market with LTE Advanced.

However, I don't think consumers are going to be willing to pay more for faster speeds than LTE. LTE will provide a service that will meet 99.99999% of consumers mobile data needs. They may desire more coverage, but I don't think they will desire more speeds. Especially if they have to pay more for it.

As for Sprint LTE coverage, if you currently get native Sprint 3G coverage, you will also get Sprint LTE coverage before they complete your market and leave the area.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Would LTE Advanced help if LTE starts getting conjested with a bunch of people?

No. LTE Advanced just uses the same carriers. Deploying on more spectrum is the only thing that will help congestion.

Thanks for all the good info everyone... Live this site...

Robert' date=' your son enjoying his phone?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2[/quote']

Yes he is. He wont shut up about the 3D. :)

Robert via LG Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner

Hi pyroscott' date='

Do u have any idea of the difference between LTE or LTE Advanced

-technoman888[/quote']

LTE Advanced supports carrier aggregation allowing for faster speeds. That's the main thing. It is an improved version of LTE. Much like the changes from EVDO rev 0 to rev a and rev b. Each time it was faster and more efficient.

Sent from my Jelly Bean Toro using Forum Runner

• Like 2

LTE Advanced supports carrier aggregation allowing for faster speeds. That's the main thing. It is an improved version of LTE. Much like the changes from EVDO rev 0 to rev a and rev b. Each time it was faster and more efficient.

I'm pretty sure it also makes way for upstream MIMO, which will bring about faster upload speeds at the very least.

Yes, 4x4 MIMO support (both ways) and Carrier Aggregation are the two largest factors of LTE Advanced. Although, getting four diverse Tx/Rx MIMO antennas seems like a very large feat in the limited real estate within a smartphone.

Thanks pyroscott,

Now I get it

-technoman888

Does anybody know when sprint is gonna start the 2nd round markets?

-technoman888

We are three quarters the way through our Second Round article series. Each article tells you about the details for each market. Also, the Network Vision Deployment Running list shows that info: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/212-network-visionlte-deployment-running-list/

• Like 1

The next evolution in mobile wireless data is LTE Advanced, which does not come even close to 5G standards. Also, Verizon's LTE network is not LTE Advanced ready in the way that Sprint's is. Sprint may even be able to beat Verizon to market with LTE Advanced.

Last I checked LTE doesn't even completely meet the original 4g standards. Didn't they lower the 4g standard so that it includes LTE/Wimax? I still say calling HSPA+ 4G is just plain lies.

• Like 1

Last I checked LTE doesn't even completely meet the original 4g standards. Didn't they lower the 4g standard so that it includes LTE/Wimax? I still say calling HSPA+ 4G is just plain lies.

Yes, LTE Advanced will be the first true 4G standard. So I'm sure Tmo marketing geniuses will try to call it 5G.