Network Vision/LTE - South West Florida Market

Abyss19707

any recent info on SW Fla? besides Tampa/St Pete. I live in Palmetto & work in Sarasota. thanks!!

It's been very quiet in SW Florida. Non updates from anyone, and no completed and reported sites from Sprint.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure what phone you have but if it's the EVO LTE you have to toggle cdma and LTE mode in your network settings.. If you use root metrics, open signal, or cdma field test any one of them will tell you you are connected to eHRPD.. Also in your about phone in the settings will tell you

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• 3 weeks later...

I talked to my source a few days ago and said we MAY see some signal in 2-3 weeks. Not confirmed but may. eHRPD has been live ib Fort Myers for around a month now here in Cape. Think I already posted this but not positive.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Pretty sure we will see sone sort of signal before then unless soem delays extend the implementation for extended periods of time. I will talk to my source again to see if he hasnt gotten any more information.

I am a new sprint costumer, and I was wondering when will there be 4G LTE in the Southwest area of Florida. The only reason I decided to go with sprint for a iPhone 5 is because sprint is now supposed to be adding 4G LTE to numerous new cities. I have heard on a few websites that the Fort Myers area is supposed to be receiving new 4G towers, but I have not seen any definite dates. I would greatly appreciate if someone could tell me a general date on which 4G LTE will be available in my area.

From twitter in regards to SW FL.

@Sprint4Grollout Work just started back in the market in October. Sprint should accept first completed sites in the next few weeks. Stay tuned.

I have seen some action around a sprint tower on 75/immokalee

Nothing has been SEEN here in Cape... but that means nothing due to me not looking as often as I should/could be lol. I also talked to my source at Sprint and he said first signals MAY start appearing within 2-3 weeks but not a certainty. This week a week to a week and a half ago.

Just so you guys know I saw permits pulled in Manatee County while I was stalking yesterday.. Keep your eyes open. I think it was for a site in Myyaka city.. Know I'm spelling it wrong but give me a break its 5am

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

That's in the middle of Tampa and Fort Myers. Would it be part of Fort Myers or Tampa market? Hopefully party of ours and work will stay soon but am thinking with all of the work being done in the Tampa market i was thinking it may be part of that market?

No I was on the Manatee permit site yesterday poking around and came across some stuff like this http://public.mymanatee.org/permitting_online/permit.pdf?permitnumber=12081217

I'm not sure what the setback is:

**PROJECT INFORMATION/NOTES/CONDITIONS**

REMOVE/REPLACE 3 EXIST ANTENNAS/ADD NEW REMOTE

RADIO UNITS TO TOWER/07110927

1 OF 2 *EXSITING SETBACKS

UPPER MANATEE CELL SPRINT

I believe all of Manatee County is in the SW Florida market. If memory serves, the Tampa market starts at the Hillsborough County line.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

Okay, awesome. I am looking forward to seeing something here soon hopefully. I have the next two days off and a paycheck to fill T the gas tank. Wonder what i will be traveling to lol. Took pictures of all reported Sprint towers here immediately following the official announcement of the forty Myers cake coral area to compare to on roughly a weekly basis.

I just found this on Lee county's website. It's a bit difficult to search, the only way I could find anything worthwhile was to put in specific streets.

http://permits.leego...o=COM2012-01405

Hoping someone scopes this one out. It looks like an easy tower work and similar to ones just completed in Cocoa and Grant, FL. Looks like a good find. It's a drive for me to check out, not that I haven't done that before :) Hoping someone has luck at this site that is closer than I.