Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

Jacksonville has all 3 bands. More sites have B25/26 than 41. I was just their and saw B25/41 more than 26.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

No surprise there. They turn up b25 power when 10x10 or more is deployed so b26 shows up less.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

No surprise there. They turn up b25 power when 10x10 or more is deployed so b26 shows up less.

That make since tho. Think their trying to keep people off 5x5 as much as possible.

. The state I live in it's mostly been 25 and 26 and there's a lot of GMO's that have not been upgraded here. How many GMO's are in Florida

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see many GMO sites in Florida. I have seen quite a bit of GMR sites though.

. The state I live in it's mostly been 25 and 26 and there's a lot of GMO's that have not been upgraded here. How many GMO's are in Florida

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think we have any in Florida.

4A9EC31 looks like a nokia mini macro. Nokia mini macros are popping up in other Florida markets too. In cities like Daytona Beach, Palm Bay, Fort Myers, and Naples.

These are only capable of 2xCA correct?

Got a call from a Sprint rep an hour ago. She said I'm approved for a magic box and to allow 8-12 weeks.

Does it enhance voice capabilities?

I get weak band 26 inside. My voice service is weak also. Calls doesn't drop but tend to break up from time to time.

I see. My situation is opposite. I get mid 80s downstairs on 1x and upstairs 70s. 1x800 I get in the low 60s upstairs and low 70s down. The lady told be it only works for 2500mhz

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from Miami for a few days. Sprint has been replacing clear with mini macros like crazy but still seen a surprisingly decent amount of towers with just 5x5 b25/b26 overall I was on band 41 around 70% of the time though so that's good. No 10x10 pcs or second carrier pcs yet.

• Like 1

Just got back from Miami for a few days. Sprint has been replacing clear with mini macros like crazy but still seen a surprisingly decent amount of towers with just 5x5 b25/b26 overall I was on band 41 around 70% of the time though so that's good. No 10x10 pcs or second carrier pcs yet.

I would really like to know what pushes Sprint to add a second LTE carrier in some markets and not in others.
  • Like 1

I would really like to know what pushes Sprint to add a second LTE carrier in some markets and not in others.

Holdings maybe.

It's clear in Ocala, Gainesville and St Augustine and they don't have it.

St Augustine does. They have 10x10 there 15x15 is also possible.

Must have been recent. I was up there 2 months ago and there was none. I know for a fact the other two don't have it though.

Must have been recent. I was up there 2 months ago and there was none. I know for a fact the other two don't have it though.

I thought you knew about Saint Augustine since I was just there? The others I have no clue

Ocala is also possible. I just looked back at the forum from the T-Mobile and vzw swap. That one is on there. Shows 30mhz C Block then the G block. :)

• Like 1

Ocala is also possible. I just looked back at the forum from the T-Mobile and vzw swap. That one is on there. Shows 30mhz C Block then the G block. :)

I live in Ocala so I know not a single tower has it yet. Unless the boondocks get it first.

• Like 1

Holdings maybe.

It can't be. There are some markets (such as San Francisco) in which they hold a total of 30 MHz of PCS spectrum (G block included), yet they have deployed two B25 LTE carriers (20 MHz) and pushed CDMA to only 10 MHz of spectrum.

Then there are markets in which Sprint holds 40 MHz of PCS spectrum, but have only one 5x5 B25 carrier.

• Like 1

It can't be. There are some markets (such as San Francisco) in which they hold a total of 30 MHz of PCS spectrum (G block included), yet they have deployed two B25 LTE carriers (20 MHz) and pushed CDMA to only 10 MHz of spectrum.

Then there are markets in which Sprint holds 40 MHz of PCS spectrum, but have only one 5x5 B25 carrier.

Somewhere In calfornia Sprint does have 10x10. It's to make up for not being able to Deploy B26.