Anandtec GSIII review

QWIKSTRIKE

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6022/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-review-att-and-tmobile-usa-variants/4

I hate to say it but out side of browser performance the EVO 4G LTE is beating the SGIII every test posted...Is any one else seeing this or is this just me....I hope the Antenna is better than the EVO. My Photon got a -65 DBM in the Sprint store while the EVO 4G LTE showed a -74 dbm.

The removable battery sold me on the S3. I have had the original EVO and it is just an OK phone. Rnadom restarting of phone (my wife's and mine) since almost near the beggining sucks. Look forward to something more stable.

I believe that those evo customers that are coming off contract will be upgrading to the gs3. I was almost one of those customers I had the original evo the battery life was horrible. It got better with the 3d. Everyone I know doesn't want another HTC phone.even though I tell them the battery on the new evo is better they want the gs3. The gs3 is a great phone.

The EVO 3D's major issue was screen problems due to the overall device not being rigid. The non removable battery on the EVO LTE was done not only to give it a larger battery by molding it to the interior, but to prevent flex.

Edited by moto4sho

The non removable battery on the EVO LTE was done not only to give it a larger battery by molding it to the interior, but to prevent flex.

That did not stop some guy from complaining that he had already bent the aluminum frame of his EVO LTE from keeping the handset in his back pocket and routinely sitting on it. Sorry, but if you have no better place to carry your handset than in your back pocket and you sit on it, then you get what you deserve. You are literally a dumbass.

AJ

• Like 2

That did not stop some guy from complaining that he had already bent the aluminum frame of his EVO LTE from keeping the handset in his back pocket and routinely sitting on it. Sorry, but if you have no better place to carry your handset than in your back pocket and you sit on it, then you get what you deserve. You are literally a dumbass.

AJ

Agreed, I always hear people say that I need it to fit in my back pocket.....idiot's for sure. Why potential risk sitting on it inadvertently, or leaning up against something and crushing the hardware. People like that you must give a wide berth in life. Stay as far away from that kind of thinker for sure.

Edited by QWIKSTRIKE

I have only seen chicks do that. My wife does it all the time. Pisses me off. I find cargo pants and shorts are the best wardrobe choices for smartphones. Heck, I have one pair that will hold my Kindle Fire.

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

I find cargo pants and shorts are the best wardrobe choices for smartphones. Heck, I have one pair that will hold my Kindle Fire.

...or a snuggie with a pouch. You can carry a full size tablet and look like a monk.

varsity-snuggie-6-400x400.jpg

AJ

• Like 1

...or a snuggie with a pouch. You can carry a full size tablet and look like a monk.

AJ

That guy looks like he should be on a subway platform with a tin cup chanting, "I have no legs..."

I have only seen chicks do that. My wife does it all the time. Pisses me off. I find cargo pants and shorts are the best wardrobe choices for smartphones. Heck' date=' I have one pair that will hold my Kindle Fire.

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner[/quote']

Is that a kindle fire in your pocket? Or are you just happy to see me?

Sent from my CM9 Toro using Forum Runner

• Like 2

Sent from my CM9 Toro using Forum Runner

Totally funny. I use cargo pants just because they are more comfortable. Never had thought about the phone aspect of them.

Ron Jeremy refuses to carry a Kindle Fire in his pocket because the 7" tablet makes him feel shortchanged.

AJ

• Like 3

No skinny jeans here...the EVO LTE with an otterbox fits fine in my pockets. And before you think it... No 48 inch pants here. 34's.

I would be worried the phone would fall out of course or I would sit on it.

No skinny jeans here...the EVO LTE with an otterbox fits fine in my pockets. And before you think it... No 48 inch pants here. 34's.

I would be worried the phone would fall out of course or I would sit on it.

I haven't worn 34’s since High School. I eat too much fried chicken and smoked pork. I'm still trying to get down to 38's. I think I'm giving up on that.

• Like 2

I haven't worn 34’s since High School. I eat too much fried chicken and smoked pork. I'm still trying to get down to 38's. I think I'm giving up on that.

LOL!! We're on the same boat, man! 38's sound Great... just dont know if its gonna happen.

In 2001 I was wearing 34's and then I gained too much weight and ended up in 38's pushing on 40's. Last year, almost 10 years later, I finally got back into 34's. I couldn't be happier. Lately though I am pushing back to a 36 again. :(

Give up that fried chicken and smoked pork and you would be surprised how fast the weight falls off.

Give up that fried chicken...

Blasphemy!

AJ

• Like 2

I am perfectly happy being a vegetarian. I just need to exercise more, lol.

Not blasphemy for you, blasphemy for Robert.

:P

AJ

• Like 2

When I was still in the National Guard, the one thing you didn't lack in the BDU and later, ACU uniforms were pockets. Especially on the ACU you had pockets everywhere! I've seen people place their phones in the sleeve pockets, pants cargo pockets, pants ankle pockets--as for me, I used to place my phone in the upper chest pockets. It literally gave my heart a buzz when the vibration mode went off!

• Like 1