Samsung Galaxy Note 2

pyroscott

I have the update zip would that work?

Sent from my CoziBlurred4.3 gN2

Possibly. Is it the Sprint release or general Note 2?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Possibly. Is it the Sprint release or general Note 2?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

it's the Sprint OTA one. It downloaded but obviously wouldn't install as I'm rooted.

it's the Sprint OTA one. It downloaded but obviously wouldn't install as I'm rooted.

I'll give it a shot. Gotta link?

I'll email you the zip.

Thanks.

ok I lied it was to large to email. Just sent you a db link.

Thanks, this may be our base if I can't get the update.zip working for me. I still need to investigate the bugs first though. Don't expect anything this weekend besides maybe confirming a good base.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2768847

All this worry about what would happen to my apps on the sd card and now no big change. If anything I gained a few hundred megabytes available in phone memory.

Also, I haven't seen any change to usability or speed of access post kitkat installation.

Got my stock 4.4.3 kitkat . Not impress that much at all.

I don't think there is a stock 4.4.3 for the Note 2. I just got the update and its 4.4.2.  that  is what i recall would be the latest version this phone would probably ever get.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Woke up this morning- looked at my phone and saw "7:10 am."  OK, I slept in abit. Nothing too bad, but then I realized ! there where no planes flying out of Lindberg Field!  -How could this be?!  That lawsuit way back when allowed them to start at 6:30 am and they still aren't flying??

Of course, checking my computer and my weather ime widget both told me that it was regular wake up time- just past 6am...

I looked in the Notes settings and saw I have saved the "Auto date and time" and the "Automatic time zone" so device time should have shown 6:20 by then, but it still showed 7:20 - I could uncheck it and fix time but rechecking it restores bad time...

Hmm, 6:45/7:45 still wrong time- Mountain of a molehill-- restarting my device fixed time.

Oh well, guess my Note is just getting old... Maybe I should get something newer? I wonder if there is something better out there?

/s

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Woke up this morning-

Now that San Diego is starting to see B41 deployment, I'd move to Triband. If you like the large form factor of the Note 2, get the Note 4 or Nexus 6. Or possibly an iPhone 6+. All three are Triband. But stay away from the Note 3, as it is Uni band on Sprint.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I found the below article re note 2 L adoption on GSM.arena--

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_to_bring_lollipop_to_s4_note_2_and_others-news-10566.php

--claims since source is a Samsung co. site in Finland more believable.

I hope it is true, I want the SDcard fix!  Otherwise having on phone storage is not as useful.  Not only does all connections fail in the canyons  of San Diego, but even on the flat at Denny's near Mission Blvd. and Garnet all Data goes bye bye.  It's all well and good having tons of Dropbox space, but useless when there is no data link.