Samsung Galaxy Note 2

pyroscott

Epic 4G. Samsung took forever to push updates out for it and the RF performance on it was lacking. Then there was the inexplicable inability to 1900MHz roam bug that certain Samsungs had (have?). I got my daughter a Moment and that was just the biggest piece of crap ever produced IMO. Even before my Epic experience, I've never been overly impressed with Samsung radios especially compared to Motorola. My old lady just ordered a Photon Q yesterday (for $99.99, good price imo) so I'll see how that performs though I personally have little desire to buy one. Moreover, the recent Motorola event led me to conclude that they're still pretty much all about verizon so I have to continue to look at HTC, LG and Samsung. The LG Eclipse looks intriguing but at present doesn't appear to support SVDO which is a bit of a head-scratcher. HTC may or may not have 5" phone coming out that seems to have impressive specs, but it appears headed to verizon. So if this Note 2 comes to Sprint and there's little else appealing on the horizon I'll probably give it a whirl.

Ya'll have been reading that post wrong. Read it again with an OPEN mind. I made the same mistake. At the bottom when you finish reading there is a link to click. Click it and smile.

Edited by ScandaLeX
  • Like 2

Ya'll have been reading that post wrong. Read it again with an OPEN mind. I made the same mistake. At the bottom when you finish reading there is a link to click. Click it and smile.

lol, I think we got it ;)

• Like 2

LOL!!! I can honestly say I didnt get it the 1st & 2nd time. 3rd time I was like....Ohhhhhhh snap!

LOL, I was just about fooled by it, that I almost didn't click the 'show me' button!

LOL!!! I can honestly say I didnt get it the 1st & 2nd time. 3rd time I was like....Ohhhhhhh snap!

You learn quickly young skywalker. Vader is pleased. ;)

btw, Just think of that post over there as a Corbert report type of post. :D

But don't feel bad, although I got the post the first time, I did not notice the image link at the end until I re-read it the second time. But that image is not of the hands on phone. That image only has 3 trace tags, the phone in question had way more. But the pics will never be shown since it will be traced and get the source into problems. And no, I don't have the pics and even if I had them, I won't upload them just for that reason alone. We need to keep these guys secret, otherwise leaks like this won't happen in the future.

TS

• Like 1

You learn quickly young skywalker. Vader is pleased. ;)

btw, Just think of that post over there as a Corbert report type of post. :D

But don't feel bad, although I got the post the first time, I did not notice the image link at the end until I re-read it the second time. But that image is not of the hands on phone. That image only has 3 trace tags, the phone in question had way more. But the pics will never be shown since it will be traced and get the source into problems. And no, I don't have the pics and even if I had them, I won't upload them just for that reason alone. We need to keep these guys secret, otherwise leaks like this won't happen in the future.

TS

What..wait..image link lol? Guess I'll be re-visiting it again, for the third time or so!

Galaxy Note II (possibly) coming to Sprint http://phandroid.com...te-2-confirmed/

The spec for it are

• Exynos4412 processor
  • 1280×720 resolution
  • Android 4.1.1!
  • Support for EVDO, DOrA, WiFi and LTE!
  • 2 GB RAM
  • 16 GB HDD (with expansion slot up to 32 GB)
  • 8 Megapixel camera
  • And more!

Im drooling on 2GB of ram *drooling*

I don't expect any devices to have LTE 800 this year. If something shows up before 2013, then it is a new development to Sprint. As of last month, Sprint believed the first LTE 800 devices would not become available until Spring 2013.

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Hmmm I just read that Samsung has said the S4 should be out "No later than March" would be nice if it had LTE800...

Who am I kidding just waiting for any LTE is killing me, I can't survive until March.

• Like 1

According to BGR quoting a Samsung pressor- Sprint release by mid-November:

http://www.bgr.com/2012/09/19/galaxy-note-ii-release-date-att-verizon-sprint/

"DALLAS — September 19, 2012 — Samsung Telecommunications America, LLC (Samsung Mobile) – the No.1 mobile phone provider in the United States1 – will launch the Galaxy Note® II in the U.S. with five major carriers by mid-November. Exact pricing and retail availability will be announced by each of the carriers."

Just how stupid will I look with 2 cell phones? I don't think I care! Evo & Note for all your needs...

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-II-announced-for-AT-T-Verizon-Sprint-T-Mobile-U.S.-Cellular_id34632

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Samsung-GALAXY-Note-II-Sprint_id7501

Additional info. Some of the people at BGR make me cry.

I think I'm going to be going with the Note 2. I've been holding out and holding out...almost went with Evo LTE, then the S3...but I think the Note 2 is going to win for me.

It is also officially announced at Sprint here and here, but it also states "International Voice and Data capable with GSM/UMTS/CDMA networks"

It that is true, then this is a world phone and I am about to have a heart attack.

Please let it be true.

TS

Please don't have a heart attack, but it sure looks to be true. Phone Arena's specs page is showing GSM world capabilities as well as Sprint's announcement, so I'm going to say that it's true if it's coming directly from Sprint.

On the roadmap image I assumed that the 2013 5.5" device was the Note 2 after being announced in Nov/Dec but sources in androidforums stated much sooner. The press release confirms it. But i wouldn't doubt another 5.5" device might be coming in 2013.

TS

On the roadmap image I assumed that the 2013 5.5" device was the Note 2 after being announced in Nov/Dec but sources in androidforums stated much sooner. The press release confirms it. But i wouldn't doubt another 5.5" device might be coming in 2013.

TS

Yes, I believe LG and HTC are making or planning on making phones that big.

• Like 1