Samsung Galaxy Note 2

pyroscott

And from this same link I quote "

Important to note is AT&T is the only carrier that will carry the Galaxy Note 2. T-Mobile is set to release the original Galaxy Note..."

Where's this guy been? Tmo is not set to release, they already did so I can't find his article credible. Anyone whose been following the Note knows this.

I am assuming that he is thinking that since Samsung is unveiling the International version this week that naturally AT&T being an International company will get it first (which makes sense) and possibly T-Mobile as well since they EOL'ed the current Note this week past and their parent company is overseas.

The Sprint and Verizon and or Metro PCS US versions will most likely come later.

TS

I am assuming that he is thinking that since Samsung is unveiling the International version this week that naturally AT&T being an International company will get it first (which makes sense) and possibly T-Mobile as well since they EOL'ed the current Note this week past and their parent company is overseas.

The Sprint and Verizon and or Metro PCS US versions will most likely come later.

TS

Hi 2 :)

According to his article he said it was very unlikely Sprint & Verizon would see the Note 2 due to AT&T getting it exclusively like they did for the Note 1.

Tap'n from my White SGT2 7.0 SE

Well, he does not mention any source, while over in android Forums there is one member that does have a Samsung source that says otherwise.

But we will see this week for sure, since Samsung would let most know whether they plan on doing the multi-carrier deployment like they did with the S3 for the Note.

TS

New Specs leaked

Specs:

• 5.5" 1280x720 Super AMOLED display
  • 1.6GHz quad-core Exynos processor (likely Snapdragon S4 in US LTE models)
  • 2GB RAM
  • 16/32/64GB storage, microSD Card slot
  • 8MP Rear shooter
  • 1.9MP Front camera
  • S Pen with S Note and S Planner
  • 80.5 x 151.1 x 9.4 mm, 180 g
  • 3100mAh battery
  • Android 4.1
  • Available in Marble White or Titanium Gray

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/08/29/ifa-2012-samsung-galaxy-note-ii-official-5-5-display-1-6ghz-quad-core-processor-and-jelly-bean/

New Specs leaked

Specs:

• 1.6GHz quad-core Exynos processor (likely Snapdragon S4 in US LTE models)

I'm not sure I take that site as a very good source. There is no article anywhere that says that the US version will have to go dual-core due to LTE issues. Actually the specs say the international version will have LTE on-board. So that should make it compatible with the U.S. carriers. I am approaching it like this right now, if the Note 2 comes to Sprint and it has a quad-core processor then I am likely to sell my GS3 on craigslist or ebay and hopefully recoup enough of my money to pay nothing or minimum out-of-pocket for an off-contract Note 2. If it comes out so late that the GS3 isn't worth as much then I may have to wait till the Note 3 comes out in a couple of years.

Spec page that shows full speces including support for LTE: http://androidspin.com/2012/08/29/samsung-galaxy-note-2-gets-official-full-press-release-specs-and-images/

There was a known issue with the current exynos processors and LTE. Apparently it was recently over come by Samsung with a Korean released S3.

Sent from my CM9 Epic 4g Touch using Forum Runner

Sounds like a t-mobile galaxy note 2 has been discovered in the wild...

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/09/04/samsung-sgh-t889-shows-up-running-on-t-mobiles-hspa-network-is-likely-the-galaxy-note-ii/

Still holding out for a Sprint variant

• Like 1

Wow a thread that is so dear and close to my heart. lol

I hashed this out over in the Sprint forums to death, might as well do it here too. Its gonna be long folks, so grab some coffee or tea. Be afraid, be very afraid. lol

Ok here goes,,.Sprint did not jump on the Note bandwagon this past round as we all know by now, but I would have loved to be a fly on the wall when the reps from Samsung (and any other manufacturer) came to Sprint corp to showcase their new phones and see why Sprint turned it down then. I think it was a mistake then but eh, can't cry over spilled milk. With the success that the international version has had as well as AT&T, any other carrier would be foolish not to carry the second generation Note once it is out at the end of the year.

I'm betting that besides AT&T, not only will Sprint get it but all the major carriers and even some lesser ones, especially if what we are seeing with the current Galaxy S3 being sold across the board is any indication.

Now rumor has it that Samsung will debut the 2nd generation about the one year anniversary of the 1st generation Note, It may also be around the time that Apple showcases its new iPhone. Personally i wouldn't want Samsung to rush out the device just to compete with the iPhone because I think they are two totally different beasts that shouldn't even be in the same category.

If it is October, mark my words it will be the international version only. And most likely for distribution to the general public by Nov/Dec. Just for the holidays. The US version, won't probably come out till Jan/Feb of the next year (2013).

As for specs, well, too many rumors, all of them good. So these are my favorites and mind you these are my opinions and not fact.

It certainly won't come with that flexible display. (That would probably be in Note # 3 or 4). Now if they pull it off I wouldn't complain, but I don't think it will have that type of display. I'll rather have a Pixel Qi type of display so i can read stuff in direct sunlight instead. But I don'tr see those two companies getting in bed anytime soon.

I think it will stay at 5.3 but be more rounded in the corners. If they make the bezel thinner than maybe the display can get up to 5.4 or 5.5.

The S-Pen will be updated to also work with the menu buttons. (That is if it has any.) And it will still stay as thin as it is.

The optional S-Pen holder will also be updated as shown in this new patent by Samsung.

Speaking of which, if that new s-pen is true and makes it way to the new Note, then one wouldn't have to worry about placing the big tablet like phone next to your ear for calls, just use the pen. lol

I hope the battery lasts longer otherwise a nuclear reactor is in order.

I also hope they up the front facing camera to 2.5

and of course Jelly Beano. lol

TS

it has been confirmed Sprint is bringing in the Note II

I know it has, (by the xda members), that post you quoted of mine was way before yesterdays' discovery and all based on rumors only.

But I suggest you read this thread, it may be enlightening.

:D

TS out

Wow, I wish the contact had showed. We could have learned so much if the thoughts were confirmed

• Like 1

Wow, I wish the contact had showed. We could have learned so much if the thoughts were confirmed

Man, if that were the case, I would have been sold on the Note II. Too bad tho~

• Like 1

So true, either way, this phone ate its wheaties and grew taller yet got on a diet and stayed slim. Best make over ever. lol and looking over those comments of what could have happened, make me want it even more.

It will be mine.

(regardless of spouses' insistence that I get no more new devices)

TS

• Like 2

So true, either way, this phone ate its wheaties and grew taller yet got on a diet and stayed slim. Best make over ever. lol and looking over those comments of what could have happened, make me want it even more.

It will be mine.

TS

LOL, I just said the same thing to the wife. That I must have it. I need it to live pretty much, she just LOL'd at me. I hope she realizes that I was being completely serious~

It will be mine.

TS

Wifey told me the same thing, guess I need to start working a little bit of OT

If by the time this comes out there's nothing else that catches my eye, I might give Sammy another shot...

What Samsung device did you have a bad experience with?

I loved my OG EVO, however, once I learned the nuanced of the CDMA GS2, I'll prolly stick with Samsung.

However, I had a terrible experience with my mom's old Transform, that phone was a piece of monkey sh!t