drlovety

Network Vision/LTE - West Washington Market (Seattle/Puget Sound Region)

33 minutes ago, JThorson said:

So I recently saw what I believe to be a new tower. I'm not sure who's on it yet but maybe someone else knows? It is on the corner of NE 45th St and 7th Ave NE in Seattle. You can see it from I-5. I'll try to get a picture of it this week.

If you’re referring to the monopole with two long skinny antennas per sector, that’s a Verizon site. It’s been there for quite a while now. 

6 minutes ago, RAvirani said:

If you’re referring to the monopole with two long skinny antennas per sector, that’s a Verizon site. It’s been there for quite a while now. 

Well never mind than. Thanks for the clarification.

On 1/12/2018 at 5:35 PM, RAvirani said:

The site I’ve been getting screenshots from is at the Montlake Blvd NE exit off 520. 

There are a few other sites in downtown Seattle that are broadcasting six carriers. 

Quick checkup. Have you been able to get more screenshots?

11 minutes ago, lilotimz said:

Quick checkup. Have you been able to get more screenshots?

I was. I’ve uploded them to the same imgur album: https://imgur.com/a/SnNVc

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RAvirani said:

I was. I’ve uploded them to the same imgur album: https://imgur.com/a/SnNVc

Nice! Just need to find that elusive 39874 (6th)...

Just now, lilotimz said:

Nice! Just need to find that elusive 39874 (6th)...

I’m out of town this week, but I’ll go back and try to connect to the 6th carrier when I get back. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RAvirani said:

I’m out of town this week, but I’ll go back and try to connect to the 6th carrier when I get back. 

It would also be awesome to get the same carriers from an 8T8R site,  which should use the standard GCI layout to earfcn. :tu:

Just returned to Seattle to a pleasant surprise — full LTE throughout SeaTac airport! Never thought this day would come. 

Service was -102 or worse on L1900 or L2500 before. Now signal on L1900 doesn’t drop below -90. 

• Like 8

It seems I’ve come home to another pleasant surprise — a new site with hexadecaport antennas located on Microsoft building 43. I can’t connect to it yet, but it’ll definitely improve coverage and capacity in the surrounding areas when it comes online. 

• Like 5

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Similar Content

• By lilotimz
      Here are the Alcatel-Lucent (ALU) Network Vision equipment for Sprint. Their equipment consists of 2x base stations, 6 or 9 Remote Radio Unit (RRU) setups, and 1 standard NV antenna of with connectors on the bottom (4x PCS, 2x SMR). 

Below are images of Alcatel-Lucent equipment. In these images, you will find Alcatel-Lucent base stations, Sprint Network Vision antennas, PCS 1900 & SMR 800 RRUs, and their configurations.
      Alcatel-Lucent 4x40w 25 MHz PCS 1900 B25 RRUs (Panasonic) [old]

Alcatel-Lucent  4x45w 1900 MHz B25 RRU 

ALU 2x50w B26 800 MHz RRU [KMW Communications]

Older Panasonic Setup [4x40w 25 MHz B25]

Standard Alcatel-Lucent Setup 
      Utilizes 2x50w 800 MHz B26 RRU and 4x45w 1900 MHz B25 RRU and compatible antennas. 

Closer Look at the connectors on the bottom of the antennas

Special Case Mexican IBEZ Setup
      Note the lack of 800 MHz RRUs though the antennas are capable of 800 MHz. 

High Capacity Setup

High Capacity no SMR 800 IBEZ setup

* Credits go to those whom took the images of these equipment. You know who you are."
    • By Febby
      I notice a lot of post regarding the markets in IL,FL,TX,PA,NYC.... but how about about the Los Angeles market? I THINK it was samsung doing the set up for the L.A market? Not sure though.... I'm not a sponsor member of the site so I can't really check... if I had a job I'd most definitely donate!

Couple of months ago the local towers were all down and being upgraded to NV I assume since Larry from Howard forums said there was NV work being done my zip code. The speeds were better for a bit but now they are awful again.

Can anyone (most preferred Robert) make a comment on if there is any LTE activity near 90255 area code?

Thanks, great site by the way... I'm a Lurker.
    • By EntrepreneurKid
      I'm here looking for answers to a simple question. Where is this mystery Sprint signal coming from? For the past few weeks I've received a signal on multiple Sprint devices, two Sprint devices with roaming turned off, and two Virgin Mobile phones and Virgin Mobile phones can't roam, the other rate plans might be able but I'm talk about Virgin Mobile devices from before they introduced all those other plans. What I'm making clear is these devices have to be picking up a Sprint signal, plus I've downloaded the SignalCheck Pro app which has indicated two different signals 1XRTT and 1X800. 

The signal only last for about 8 hours each morning and begins coming in and out towards the end of each morning. I try making a call and it fails, and it doesn't get any data at all. I try each device and they all do the same thing they have a signal and very strong signal with no data, and voice doesn't go threw, I haven't tried sending a text figured no data, no voice then there must be no text.

I read about some "projects"  that Sprint has going on Project Ocean and Project Cedar. Since Project Ocean is suppose to be taking place in Missouri and I live so close to the Iowa, Missouri line, I figured if there is a tower going up maybe it is possible I'm getting a signal from it, in the early stages. I really don't know what is going on, if Sprint is launching service, putting up new towers and that signal finally comes, and stays, and works. I'll be back full time on the Sprint ban wagon. Unfortunately, I live in an area not served by (according to experience and coverage map) Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint. Not even the two Iowa carriers i Wireless or Chat Mobility serve my area, go 10, 15 or 20 miles in any direction your good, here, wireless dead zone, no choice of carriers. And if Sprint puts a tower here if I finally get an answer and learn that signal will soon come and stay and work I'll finally have a choice.

So if anyone has any ideas, has experienced this in other parts of the country or has any idea what could be going on please say. Any information is better than not knowing, and together maybe this will be answered.
    • I started working on the Raspberry Pi 3b Plus tonight with an Sierra Wireless em7565. This one has all those cool features that I was describing up top. Not bad for ~39 bucks. I was waiting for a few open source firmwares to get through the compilebot6k's toobs; this one is built now. Some use modem manager or openWRT for the router side. This LTE radio is band(s) 2/26/41 capable on the Sprint side. Band 25 did not make the cut, but was on previous Sierra builds. This is a tester radio so there is a slight chance it will appear down the road. It has just about every other LTE band.  

This is an example of the debug screen. GMO is nearest so we only get 26 from a far site. No 41 in our zip yet. 
      The best part is I can plug an MC7455(that would be Modem#2) or another EM7565 in and it can hop over to that or I can direct load balancing. I just wanted to show the EM7565 authenticated below. Another shot of my terrible reception. Here it is out of the armor.

So, we have a stable software image. I will get it built and add some GPS features, then test on band 41 in Myrtle where present. We have one site w 8t8r gear to test 3xCA on, so it might be a minute. I am in 2xCA MM areas through the week. I will see how it likes the Magic box too. 

I should have a true GB ethernet router to massacre in the next couple of weeks with software images already set to go. I can embed the radio beyond a USB adapter. It still requires m.2>mPCIe but that is one less failure point and better throughput. This was a great breakthrough in affordable and small solutions for us.  I have to go to bed and then work now.

Have a great week everyone.
    • Thank you so much for bringing light to this! I would have never known about it had you not posted it! You've saved me a lot of money and lowered my bill moving forward! It wasn't an easy process, but well worth it. Unlocking the phones was surprisingly easy. But the small hiccup came with my final bill. When I received it, I thought I was screwed when I saw that the ETF was included. I almost paid for it too, but the frugal in me decided to call Sprint (couldn't hurt, right?). After an hour on the phone with a US supervisor, my account was credited for the full amount of the ETFs. I walked away Scot-free!! Thanks a bunch OP! I'm trying Verizon's throttled unlimited data plan. Excellent reliability in the city, but there are certain key spots where I need my phone that aren't great. I don't know if it's the throttling or the network.
    • I see more mass upgrades by TMO on 600mhz -- it seems they did an amazing and fast roll out. If I recall folks here thougt TMO wouldn't be able to see much strides for a year plus.

Reason I bring it up is TMO can't have much more free cash than Sprint. Yet can operate fast and lean.

Positive note Sprint has rocked it's upgrades this past year...

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk