Network Vision/LTE - West Washington Market (Seattle/Puget Sound Region)

drlovety

You are correct, very small market share. Haven't spotted any small cells but I've been too busy recently to look.

Ya, as market share increases (hopefully) you will see small cells, 800 mhz, 3×CA etc..., but for now as long as 2.5ghz is performing decen.. sprint will sit back and wait for growth (sprint has to make money back from a big investment)

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Ya, as market share increases (hopefully) you will see small cells, 800 mhz, 3×CA etc..., but for now as long as 2.5ghz is performing decen.. sprint will sit back and wait for growth (sprint has to make money back from a big investment)

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Yea speeds are good when you have LTE. I can't remember the last time I pulled sub 30mbps on LTE. The problem is that LTE isn't everywhere. Seattle probably has the most challenging terrain of any metro - lots of hills and very dense tall trees. I end up on 3G every so often and the speeds aren't great. That being said, 3G is usable. I can only imagine what B26 would be like here. Sprint has optimized the hell out of LTE here so B25 usually dies with 3G at -98 or so. With B26, I don't think we'd ever drop LTE. AT&T is the undisputed best here with Sprint following closely in second. Once 800mhz is deployed, I think sprint will be the #1 network in Seattle.

• Like 1

Yea speeds are good when you have LTE. I can't remember the last time I pulled sub 30mbps on LTE. The problem is that LTE isn't everywhere. Seattle probably has the most challenging terrain of any metro - lots of hills and very dense tall trees. I end up on 3G every so often and the speeds aren't great. That being said, 3G is usable. I can only imagine what B26 would be like here. Sprint has optimized the hell out of LTE here so B25 usually dies with 3G at -98 or so. With B26, I don't think we'd ever drop LTE. AT&T is the undisputed best here with Sprint following closely in second. Once 800mhz is deployed, I think sprint will be the #1 network in Seattle.

0000ce923747729750f34cda94bcfaee.jpg

i don't know if you follow rootmetrics, but tmobile is number 1 according to rootmetrics then verizon at&t and sprint are tied. Try a different carrier for a bit until sprint can get it all done

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

i don't know if you follow rootmetrics, but tmobile is number 1 according to rootmetrics then verizon at&t and sprint are tied. Try a different carrier for a bit until sprint can get it all done

I use every carrier regularly.

Washington still has public safety sites that have not been rebanded. FCC allowed Washington state recently to take to the end of 2016 to reband the final two locations (burried in snow country). Then the way will be clear for 800 lte. Frustrating to be the last of the last, without 800 a person simply cannot count on lte in any location, it could drop at any time. This is why, without densifucation, as washington has not had, sprint is a bottom tier carrier. If I'm talking to someone at work and we want to access data via mobile, it sucks to look at a loading screen while they pull the data.

No movement on clear sites being converted, (definitely not here in SE WA, I will wager every one is shuttered & not converted), no movement on 800 lte, and no densification... just a long term punch in the gut. But I long ago decided to stick it out because of when we used to get NV updates and being told of the lte schedule (which turned into vapor).

• Like 1

MrJessicaAlba, on 16 Aug 2016 - 7:17 PM, said:

No movement on clear sites being converted, (definitely not here in SE WA, I will wager every one is shuttered & not converted), no movement on 800 lte, and no densification... just a long term punch in the gut. But I long ago decided to stick it out because of when we used to get NV updates and being told of the lte schedule (which turned into vapor).

You should be watching out for these: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3060-signalcheck-android-app-to-monitor-your-2g3g4g-lte-signal-strengths/page-201&do=findComment&comment=486282

MrJessicaAlba, on 16 Aug 2016 - 7:17 PM, said:

Washington still has public safety sites that have not been rebanded. FCC allowed Washington state recently to take to the end of 2016 to reband the final two locations (burried in snow country). Then the way will be clear for 800 lte. Frustrating to be the last of the last, without 800 a person simply cannot count on lte in any location, it could drop at any time. This is why, without densifucation, as washington has not had, sprint is a bottom tier carrier. If I'm talking to someone at work and we want to access data via mobile, it sucks to look at a loading screen while they pull the data.

We feel your pain. 1x800 will likely come first, which will dramatically reduce dropped calls and no signal. Watch for the channel when it does arrive. B26 LTE 800 can be more problematic. Here is an issue you likely did not consider: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4825-columbus-market-mapspreadsheet-premier-edition/page-108&do=findComment&comment=485622

Eventually B26 LTE 800 should come, but it may require the patience of Job.

• 2 weeks later...

I had my first sub 30mbps speedtest in the last year or so today. -118 on a 10x10 B25 carrier.

That speed is possible on that signal on 10x10.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

when band 26 Is added yeah it could help in building Coverage. If Sprint cell density isn't good enough they can still drop to 3G. In other markets where they have B26 there is still dropping to 3G. While the other carriers are on LTE with no drops.

when band 26 Is added yeah it could help in building Coverage. If Sprint cell density isn't good enough they can still drop to 3G. In other markets where they have B26 there is still dropping to 3G. While the other carriers are on LTE with no drops.

Here B25 drops when 3G is at -98 and in some cases -100. I am confident that with this set up and optimization, B26 will be able to eclipse the range of 3G or at the very least, match it.

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps I'm a bit out of the loop but I read this so I think Washington is done rebranding.

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:vjM3FiO4gTkJ:https://ecfsapi.fcc.gov/file/1090269256629/800%2520MHz%2520Monthly%2520Report%2520September%25202016.pdf+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Sorry I had to use the Google cache version because the actual link wasn't working for me.

Here's the part that makes me think it's completed

Sprint is pleased to report that the Washington NPSPAC Region was successfully completed
during August, raising the number of completed Regions to forty-three.

• Like 3

https://ecfsapi.fcc.gov/file/1090269256629/800%20MHz%20Monthly%20Report%20September%202016.pdf

(you can see the maps)

expanded 1x800 is likely next, with channel 476 in the south and an unknown channel in the north (northern Ohio is 1x800 channel 526).

• 2 weeks later...

Woke up this morning to "No Service" or 1 bar on Sprint/Verizon 1x at the top of my iPhone so I drove out to my home Clear site and found a crew upgrading it to mini macros! Talked to the guy in charge a bit and he says his team started doing conversions 3 or 4 days ago and is doing about 2 conversions every day. Apparently his schedule is packed for the next few weeks - Sprint is not here to play!

• Like 8

Woke up this morning to "No Service" or 1 bar on Sprint/Verizon 1x at the top of my iPhone so I drove out to my home Clear site and found a crew upgrading it to mini macros! Talked to the guy in charge a bit and he says his team started doing conversions 3 or 4 days ago and is doing about 2 conversions every day. Apparently his schedule is packed for the next few weeks - Sprint is not here to play!

Is that in Kirkland?

Interesting something from my conversation with the engineer that I forgot to throw in - according to him, Sprint must replace all of the Huwei equipment by the end of October, not the end of December 2016. So we'll all know real soon which clear sites are getting converted and which aren't.

• Like 2

Interesting something from my conversation with the engineer that I forgot to throw in - according to him, Sprint must replace all of the Huwei equipment by the end of October, not the end of December 2016. So we'll all know real soon which clear sites are getting converted and which aren't.

Maybe something in the merger stipulations relates this to some fiscal yearetry vs the standard timeline the rest of us non corporations operate on. Great news.

• Like 1