Network Vision/LTE - West Washington Market (Seattle/Puget Sound Region)

drlovety

Verizon is way over rated coverage wise in the South Sound, Kitsap and Olympic Peninsula. Sprint has nearly equal site placement. But VZW does have LTE on all their sites. And Sprint would be in a much better position coverage wise with B26 and BC10. 800MHz will be a game changer for Sprint in Washington State.

Sent from OnePlus 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Verizon is way over rated coverage wise in the South Sound, Kitsap and Olympic Peninsula. Sprint has nearly equal site placement. But VZW does have LTE on all their sites. And Sprint would be in a much better position coverage wise with B26 and BC10. 800MHz will be a game changer for Sprint in Washington State.

Yea. Considering sprint is already pretty much on par with AT&T and probably stronger than vzw and tmo, 800mhz will make them the undisputed #1. Clear sites were a lifesaver - their own footprint is not very good - with my iPhone 5, I would probably see more 3G than LTE but I'd say I'm on LTE 95ish percent of places now.

• Like 1

According to this document, the whole US side is clear for 800mhz in Washington state and the MiKE iDEN network (Telus) has been decommissioned so what exactly are we waiting for? Does anyone know?

7bd58745a00067f1309e29f9e330c617.jpg

According to this document, the whole US side is clear for 800mhz in Washington state and the MiKE iDEN network (Telus) has been decommissioned so what exactly are we waiting for? Does anyone know?

7bd58745a00067f1309e29f9e330c617.jpg

Read deeper in the report. You will see areas not cleared. That page has not changed for a long time. I'm not even certain what it means.

Read deeper in the report. You will see areas not cleared. That page has not changed for a long time. I'm not even certain what it means.

Just realized I managed to miss this while reading through. Do you know who the remaining licensee is?

5ea8a3fd0f156dce75ffb843decb271e.jpg

The City of Seattle was listed for 12/2015.

Found the first B41 3rd Carrier I've seen in Washington State. The site at Kitsap Mall in Bremerton/Silverdale.

408e75a46128ef6650dee8cffa2f80bc.jpg

f1916f5a3615d3b63b6846928067ae00.jpg

7e445226cc552fc2c00e783329be1064.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Driving along I-5 in Federal Way yesterday, I believe I saw them installing a new B26 panel at a Sprint site. Not 100% sure, but I didn't have time to double back and check. Could it be finally happening?

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

• Like 3

Driving along I-5 in Federal Way yesterday, I believe I saw them installing a new B26 panel at a Sprint site. Not 100% sure, but I didn't have time to double back and check. Could it be finally happening?

They filed for quite a few permits a little while back. I wouldn't be surprised...more like super excited :)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Well this is exciting. Sprint mostly operates a single carrier network in Seattle (just on old Clear Huwei equipment) so speeds should go through the roof with these swaps.

You mean Seattle doesnt have the 2nd B41 Carrier? I believe that area has 10x10 on band 25 so speeds shouldnt be the worst there.

You mean Seattle doesnt have the 2nd B41 Carrier? I believe that area has 10x10 on band 25 so speeds shouldnt be the worst there.

It does, but on Sprint sites only. The Clear equipment did not support 2 carriers. The Nokia mini-macros that are replacing the Clear equipment do support 2 carriers. 

• Like 1

It does, but on Sprint sites only. The Clear equipment did not support 2 carriers. The Nokia mini-macros that are replacing the Clear equipment do support 2 carriers.

I wonder when Sprint is going to replace clearwire equipment in all markets to add the 2 and, 3rd carriers.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I wonder when Sprint is going to replace clearwire equipment in all markets to add the 2 and, 3rd carriers.

By the end of 2016 all sites should be 2 carrier capable at least.

Not only does Sprint have B41 2nd Carrier (and 3rd Carrier) on their sites, Sprint also has a 10x10 B25 carrier in Seattle now. Sprint's performance in Seattle now is very good. My speed tests are almost always higher on Sprint than Tmo and VZW.

The biggest issue here in Western Washington is B26. Deep in buildings or rural areas, not having B26 can be a pain.

• Like 1

Not only does Sprint have B41 2nd Carrier (and 3rd Carrier) on their sites, Sprint also has a 10x10 B25 carrier in Seattle now. Sprint's performance in Seattle now is very good. My speed tests are almost always higher on Sprint than Tmo and VZW.

The biggest issue here in Western Washington is B26. Deep in buildings or rural areas, not having B26 can be a pain.

Is the lack of band 26 because, of I bez or whatever it's called?

• Like 1

Thats great to hear! Haven't been hearing much about sprint's network improvements.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Money

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I'm sure money is a part of the problem but Sprint wouldn't leave one of the largest metros in the United States without 800mhz...there must be something else...

• Like 1

I'm sure money is a part of the problem but Sprint wouldn't leave one of the largest metros in the United States without 800mhz...there must be something else...

It would have to be money. If there market share is not to big in your metro area they won't be as aggressive. Have you seen any small cells there.

It would have to be money. If there market share is not to big in your metro area they won't be as aggressive. Have you seen any small cells there.

You are correct, very small market share. Haven't spotted any small cells but I've been too busy recently to look.