Network Vision/LTE - West Washington Market (Seattle/Puget Sound Region)

drlovety

I love this tower. I believe Blue and Red are on there too. Which floor/layer is Sprint? I thought Sprint was on the one behind Target.

The one behind Target is also a Sprint tower. As for the tower at 196th, I forget which rack Sprint is set up on. (On a side note it is a clearwire site.)

Also, if you're interested in finding out about more towers around here, you may want to consider donating and becoming a sponsor. You would get access to some great information including maps and site information.  :tu:

The one behind Target is also a Sprint tower. As for the tower at 196th, I forget which rack Sprint is set up on. (On a side note it is a clearwire site.)

Also, if you're interested in finding out about more towers around here, you may want to consider donating and becoming a sponsor. You would get access to some great information including maps and site information. :tu:

I believe its the one in the middle. I'm seriously considering. Can you describe the maps/info you are granted access to? I haven't found much info on it on here.

I know for a fact the tower on 196th has AT&T on it, because I got access to American Tower's site database and looked at photos of equipment at the base, and of course AT&T had their branded signs

Edited by xmx1024

I believe its the one in the middle. I'm seriously considering. Can you describe the maps/info you are granted access to? I haven't found much info on it on here.

I know for a fact the tower on 196th has AT&T on it, because I got access to American Tower's site database and looked at photos of equipment at the base, and of course AT&T had their branded signs

For the location of the equipment, I believe it is on the top...

To see the differences between the different types of memberships, check this out: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

As for types of maps, you would have access to all of the sprint sites they have information on and where it is in the NV phase. If you would like information on clearwire sites (band 26/41) you will need to become a premier sponsor (totally worth it!) 

If you're unsure on how far you would like to go, start off with a small donation and you can be a sponsor for 6 months. If you decide you wish to become a premier sponsor, you can then donate some more. Hope that helps. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

CA is in more places than you guys might think here in West Washington.

I work for Sprint and now can finally look at all Sprint towers/upgrades/tower performance on my mobile instead of having to be at work using the intranet site. This definitely satisfies my desire to constantly check areas I frequent, and will be a tool I'll use to be a better contributor to this community.

For obvious reasons, I can't post any screenshots here, but rest assured I am seeing lots of CA sites on the map.

Also, after taking a near 1.5 year hiatus on Sprint service, it is such a relief to be back. Verizon just wasn't for me. Too expensive and the network, although good, wasn't worth the exuberant amounts of money per month. Sprint has made so much progress in such short time, and I am very happy with the overall network performance lately...plus my employee wireless discount is obviously a better choice financially. It's good to be home again!

• Like 4

I work for Sprint and now can finally look at all Sprint towers/upgrades/tower performance on my mobile instead of having to be at work using the intranet site. This definitely satisfies my desire to constantly check areas I frequent, and will be a tool I'll use to be a better contributor to this community.

For obvious reasons, I can't post any screenshots here, but rest assured I am seeing lots of CA sites on the map.

Also, after taking a near 1.5 year hiatus on Sprint service, it is such a relief to be back. Verizon just wasn't for me. Too expensive and the network, although good, wasn't worth the exuberant amounts of money per month. Sprint has made so much progress in such short time, and I am very happy with the overall network performance lately...plus my employee wireless discount is obviously a better choice financially. It's good to be home again!

Are you able to check scheduled updates?

Are you able to check scheduled updates?

They give rough estimates on when certain upgrades will be complete per tower. This is assuming that Sprint has immediate plans for any given tower. It will usually say "3 months" or "TBD" if it will be a little further out.

They give rough estimates on when certain upgrades will be complete per tower. This is assuming that Sprint has immediate plans for any given tower. It will usually say "3 months" or "TBD" if it will be a little further out.

Do you know when tower --------- will be upgraded to LTE?

Edited by lilotimz
remember rules about site ID

Are you able to see anything regarding band 26 / 800 MHz deployment?

• 2 months later...

MarceloClaure @marceloclaure 2h2 hours ago

Landing in Seattle. Can't wait to meet my @sprint colleagues and to launch our first #listeningtour stop tonight

CZ0wE6kWYAEqzqk.jpg
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone know why one month after WiMAX has shut down in Seattle every site still has 1-2 carriers? I haven't seen a single EARFCN other than the old 40978 and 41176 (and I rarely even see 41176). Shouldn't sprint have a few more B41 carriers on air by now? Also, why do a lot of sites only broadcast 1 carrier (40978) and not two because the spectrum is free (40978 and 41176)?

Does anyone know why one month after WiMAX has shut down in Seattle every site still has 1-2 carriers? I haven't seen a single EARFCN other than the old 40978 and 41176 (and I rarely even see 41176). Shouldn't sprint have a few more B41 carriers on air by now? Also, why do a lot of sites only broadcast 1 carrier (40978) and not two because the spectrum is free (40978 and 41176)?

1) Sprint in most markets have 2 Band 41 carriers up with a 3rd starting to now being spotted. No markets have more than 3 and it's meant to be that way for now until High Capacity 2.5 sites are configured (more than 3 Band 41 carriers require split sectors).

2) Standard 8T8R Band 41 setup = 3 contiguous Band 41 carriers. High Capacity = up to 6 carriers in total preferably adjacent. HC 2.5 is not yet deployed.

3) Backhaul or Clearwire. You're in a Huawei Clearwire market. Those sites are not capable of a 2nd 20 MHz Band 41 carrier and Sprint is decomissioning them starting this year so it is what it is for those 7 year old equipment.

• Like 1

1) Sprint nationwide has 2 Band 41 carriers up with a 3rd starting to now being spotted. No markets have more than 3 and it's meant to be that way for now until High Capacity 2.5 sites are configured (more than 3 Band 41 carriers require split sectors).

2) Standard Band 8T8R Band 41 setup = 3 contiguous Band 41 carriers. High Capacity = up to 6 carriers in total preferably adjacent. HC 2.5 is not yet deployed.

3) Backhaul or Clearwire. You're in a Huawei Clearwire market. Those sites are not capable of a 2nd 20 MHz Band 41 carrier and Sprint is decomissioning them starting this year so it is what it is for those 7 year old equipment.

Could point #3 be why a site would still show as a Clearwire site, while others in the same area show as Sprint or Sprint B42^2?

I live in the Juanita area of Kirkland, and right near the Beach I get Clear 41, but a couple blocks north it turns into Sprint 41 or 41^2. Not a big deal, just curious.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

1) Sprint in most markets have 2 Band 41 carriers up with a 3rd starting to now being spotted. No markets have more than 3 and it's meant to be that way for now until High Capacity 2.5 sites are configured (more than 3 Band 41 carriers require split sectors).

2) Standard 8T8R Band 41 setup = 3 contiguous Band 41 carriers. High Capacity = up to 6 carriers in total preferably adjacent. HC 2.5 is not yet deployed.

#3 answered it for me. Every site near me is huwei. Thanks

You also won't necessarily see the second carrier on idle, as phones will park on either depending on site load.

I see that a lot in the NYC market where my phones will randomly park on the second carrier when the first one is at capacity. 

Could point #3 be why a site would still show as a Clearwire site, while others in the same area show as Sprint or Sprint B42^2?

I live in the Juanita area of Kirkland, and right near the Beach I get Clear 41, but a couple blocks north it turns into Sprint 41 or 41^2. But a big deal, just curious.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Most of the original B41 coverage was provided by Clear. Those sites are just beginning to be decommissioned. So just about every Clear site that went live with B41 originally is still live, so you will still be picking those up, mixed in with the new Sprint B41 sites.