Network Vision/LTE - West Washington Market (Seattle/Puget Sound Region)

drlovety

Thank you whomever moved my post to this area.  I appreciate it.

Also of another note here.  My IP address is changing nearly every time my data connection is lost, which is quite often.  I understand that this should happen, but I should not be losing eHRPD ever few minutes should I?

Nope its not connecting to an AirRave.  I dialed *99 as the instruction manual online i found says for this:

"By dialing *99 on your wireless phone, an audio message will confirm if you are in range of the

AIRAVE. Also, you will hear three short beeps on your wireless phone before making and

receiving calls."

It does not do that on either of my 2 phones that are having the problem.  Any other suggestions?  Also I am way to far from any of my neighbors for that to happen as well...

Ok, hmmm.  How long has this been going on?  I ask that because, it also could be another professional microcell.  I have one at work, every time I leave, it drops a call, as it switches from legacy gear to NV.  Are you near a large business that would have a microcell?  I don't think microcells have been upgraded to NV.  You might want to try LTE Discovery, there is a map tab that will show you the location of which (voice) tower you are connected to.  See if it's skipping around.  You have access to the maps, start investigating.  Has the tower that your connected to not been upgraded?  Last time I had access, pretty much all counties but King was upgraded.  Finally, try another phone and see if the same thing happens.

Ok, hmmm.  How long has this been going on?  I ask that because, it also could be another professional microcell.  I have one at work, every time I leave, it drops a call, as it switches from legacy gear to NV.  Are you near a large business that would have a microcell?  I don't think microcells have been upgraded to NV.  You might want to try LTE Discovery, there is a map tab that will show you the location of which (voice) tower you are connected to.  See if it's skipping around.  You have access to the maps, start investigating.  Has the tower that your connected to not been upgraded?  Last time I had access, pretty much all counties but King was upgraded.  Finally, try another phone and see if the same thing happens.

Nope not next to a business.  I have checked the towers near me, they all have the NV equipment, but none of them are live broadcasting, still 3G only.  I have tried my wife's phone and its a galaxy note 3, mine is a galaxy s5.  Same issue on both phones.  More so on the Galaxy S5, but none the less same issue...  I would understand if it were happening while I was driving around, but with the phones being stationary and it happening.  I just find that a bit weird...  

Nope not next to a business.  I have checked the towers near me, they all have the NV equipment, but none of them are live broadcasting, still 3G only.  I have tried my wife's phone and its a galaxy note 3, mine is a galaxy s5.  Same issue on both phones.  More so on the Galaxy S5, but none the less same issue...  I would understand if it were happening while I was driving around, but with the phones being stationary and it happening.  I just find that a bit weird...  

I'm thinking it's a tower problem.  Try being stationary around another tower and see if that occurs.  If it's only happening near you it could be that tower.  Strange.  Please report back if you find a solution.

I saw this over at reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Sprint/comments/2b49dt/phone_regularly_drops_3g_connection/

Same thing still happening, but as of right now my Galaxy S5 is stuck on EVDO Rev. A.  Been like that for a little while now.  I have tried resetting network settings and everything.  But still on EVDO.  Perhaps Im just right in that little magic spot exactly in the center of all 3 towers.  lol.  maybe thats why they are jumping around so much.  But who knows.

Same thing still happening, but as of right now my Galaxy S5 is stuck on EVDO Rev. A.  Been like that for a little while now.  I have tried resetting network settings and everything.  But still on EVDO.  Perhaps Im just right in that little magic spot exactly in the center of all 3 towers.  lol.  maybe thats why they are jumping around so much.  But who knows.

That is what I am guessing. If you are between 3 towers there is a good chance the network is jumping you around to try and get the best signal.

So I completely reset my network setting at 3pm today took a nap then woke up at (5AM!!!) so thinking I was late for work I then jump outta bed only to realize it was much lighter than 5am should be. So then I look at the kitchen clock sure enough its only 7pm. So I then check the web only to discover a DNS error... I finally resolved the problem by calling sprint. They had me do a profile update and also turn phone off and on. So then I asked about LTE status while I was waiting the guy in tech support said according to his system upgrades are done and so was optimization. So I laugh and ask him to look at other systems like glance and the others they generally look at

He said GLANCE is not used anymore. Is this true?

Oh and by the way I forgot to mention I kep swapping IP addresses from 51.x.x.x series to 29.x.x.x or 31.x.x.x series. Not sure if that means anything. I know when I was on EVDO I always got 31.x.x.x but I have been on eHRPD this whole time and my ip has swapped 5 times in the last half hour...

Oh and im still constantly dropping out data. This time it was completely lost 3g disappeared from top of screen for about 10 seconds. Guess ill switch to different mode. Im assuming its also because its looking for LTE but not finding it...

There is a clear wire tower, almost right next to my apartment. About a month ago a whole bunch of new equipment went up, I got a picture when I noticed it. Now everything has been painted green! Am I delusional expecting the tower to go live any day now? Part of me says its built let's gooo! The other part says there probably isn't fiber to it yet or something. BTW I asked my buddy who works at sprint as a sales rep to check glance, he said there wasn't anything at that intersection that he could see.. but he's pretty new so he might just not now how to use it.

first post, about a two month lurker, I appreciate every ones info and explanations very much!

Tower is in Issaquah, WA 98029 at the E/SE intersection of SE Issaquah Fall City RD and Highlands Dr NE

here is the closest main store, home depot 6200 East Lake Sammamish Pkwy SE, Issaquah, WA 98029

you just go nw on Issaquah Fall City RD for like 1 mile and you're at the intersection I'm talking about

pics are from a little less than a month ago, sorry about the shaky cam, moving car and all that (no I wasn't driving!)

20140705_1947521_zps4494455f.jpg20140705_193757_zpsd5932da9.jpg

Edited by cam4mav

There is a clear wire tower, almost right next to my apartment. About a month ago a whole bunch of new equipment went up, I got a picture when I noticed it. Now everything has been painted green! Am I delusional expecting the tower to go live any day now? Part of me says its built let's gooo! The other part says there probably isn't fiber to it yet or something. BTW I asked my buddy who works at sprint as a sales rep to check glance, he said there wasn't anything at that intersection that he could see.. but he's pretty new so he might just not now how to use it.

first post, about a two month lurker, I appreciate every ones info and explanations very much!

Tower is in Issaquah, WA 98029 at the E/SE intersection of SE Issaquah Fall City RD and Highlands Dr NE

here is the closest main store, home depot 6200 East Lake Sammamish Pkwy SE, Issaquah, WA 98029

you just go nw on Issaquah Fall City RD for like 1 mile and you're at the intersection I'm talking about

pics are from a little less than a month ago, sorry about the shaky cam, moving car and all that (no I wasn't driving!)

There are no Sprint equipment on that site other than the legacy Huawei Clear Wimax setup. 

• 2 weeks later...

Although there haven't been many reported NV acceptances in the Seattle area in the past few weeks, it appears that Sprint is getting the issues with eCSFB on Band 41 ironed out.  This week, my Galaxy S5 is sitting natively on Band 41 while in the Pioneer Square area, where I used to have to force it to "LTE only" to get to it.  I'm receiving and sending voice calls perfectly, as well.  It's hard to see it, but it looks to me like progress is still being made in the area.

• Like 2

Although there haven't been many reported NV acceptances in the Seattle area in the past few weeks, it appears that Sprint is getting the issues with eCSFB on Band 41 ironed out.  This week, my Galaxy S5 is sitting natively on Band 41 while in the Pioneer Square area, where I used to have to force it to "LTE only" to get to it.  I'm receiving and sending voice calls perfectly, as well.  It's hard to see it, but it looks to me like progress is still being made in the area.

Good to hear!  I'm on a non-triband phone, so I have not seen an improvement.  Unfortunately, I have seen Sprint's network deteriorate since they've rolled out NV.  I have a 15-30 min commute and I'm dropping calls at least once a day.  My commute time is before 6am, when network traffic is low.  Also, my dropped calls are happening at random places, not just a dead zone.  Also, their speeds have suffered.  While I don't need anything over 5mbps, I have seen 4G speeds not reach 1mbps.

Has anyone seen any 800mhz signals?  I know we talked about that a few months back.

Sprint needs to work on coverage, I think their tower spacing was done poorly.  There is no way that VoLTE will ever work effectively the way their towers are spaced here in Seattle.

Has anyone started hearing Sprint's new radio commercials?  They are saying they've got this awesome new network.  I don't think their network (at least in Seattle) is ad blitz ready.

• 1 month later...

I have noticed LTE in small pockets that it wasn't available in just a few weeks/1 month ago. I asked my buddy and he looked at glance and had some awesome news! that tower I posted on the previous page.... it's live on 2.5ghz! right next to my apartment. it's still in a testing phase according to him but I'm pulling down peaks of 20mbps outside my apt and peaks of 15 inside. woohoo! He mentioned that there were a lot of recently added clear wire sites that went live around here. has anyone else noticed this? voice is still pretty bad inside my apt but I did get an HD voice call outside my building the other day, it shocked myself and my friend because of how clear it was compared to what we are used to!. It's nice to actually see progress in real life.

• Like 1

http://www.rootmetrics.com/us/rsr/seattle-wa/2014/2H

Amazing how much Sprint improved in Seattle even compared to 1st half of 2014. Still lagging on speed though. I can only imagine how much better they will get after they finally figure out IBEZ thing. Anyone know when that might be?

Edited by Olejkab
  • Like 2

http://www.rootmetrics.com/us/rsr/seattle-wa/2014/2H

Amazing how much Sprint improved in Seattle even compared to 1st half of 2014. Still lagging on speed though. I can only imagine how much better they will get after they finally figure out IBEZ thing. Anyone know when that might be?

600Mhz deployment will come sooner than 800Mhz IBEZ. Hopefully that answers your question.

600Mhz deployment will come sooner than 800Mhz IBEZ. Hopefully that answers your question.

Thanks for the reply that's a bummer though. The reason I ask is because I recently added 3 of my family members to my framily plan and they are from Lacey WA. I really want them to have a good experience with Sprint, since they are coming from Verizon and I talked them into switching. Has there been any updates to band 41 in Lacey and Olympia area?