drlovety

Network Vision/LTE - West Washington Market (Seattle/Puget Sound Region)

For anyone wondering about downtown Seattle:  I got on internal email (from Sprint) a couple of weeks ago that a micro site in my building would go live at the same time that downtown Seattle would finally light up.  That was scheduled for May 28th.  I found out this morning that this had been pushed back a day to May 29th, and sure enough, the building site lit up this afternoon. 

Additionally, I noticed on my commute home this afternoon that I was getting a strong 3G signal at the Colman Ferry Dock that hadn't seen previously.  Maybe it's true!

:)

Well Seattle folks. Your patience has been rewarded! 

What does this show though, a 1900 Mhz site or 800 MHz?

Thanks.  The latest update was a good one. 

It looks like most of the remaining work in Western Washington is in downtown Seattle and the Capitol Hill/Central District areas.  When the 3G sites have all switched on Band 25, and Band 41 is all up and running, it looks the Seattle metropolitan area (from Fort Lewis to the south, to Everett to the north, including the I-405 corridor), will absolutely be awash in 4G, even without Band 26.

• Like 1

Thanks.  The latest update was a good one. 

It looks like most of the remaining work in Western Washington is in downtown Seattle and the Capitol Hill/Central District areas.  When the 3G sites have all switched on Band 25, and Band 41 is all up and running, it looks the Seattle metropolitan area (from Fort Lewis to the south, to Everett to the north, including the I-405 corridor), will absolutely be awash in 4G, even without Band 26.

For the B41 work, do they need to go through the permitting process again in Western WA?

For the B41 work, do they need to go through the permitting process again in Western WA?

It doesn't look like it.  In doing a quick check through King County permits, I found this language for a site where Band 25 was turned on in March, and is scheduled for Band 41 in Phase 2A (I don't know if Band 41 is available at this site at the moment).

This permit was closed in March, 2014, but here's the language in the original permit:

MODIFY EXISTING UNOCCUPIED TELECOMMUNICATIONS FACILITY WITH THE ADDITION OF (3) NEW PANEL ANTENNAS, (3) RRU'S, (2) MICROWAVE DISH ANTENNAS, (2) EQUIPMENT CABINETS AND (3) HYBRID CABLES. (6) ANTENNAS, (3) EQUIPMENT CABINETS AND ALL SPRINT COAX CABLES WILL BE REMOVED (PREA12-0182, L96AC023/E96E0182)

It looks like all the current Sprint permits have similar language, with the "...(3) NEW PANEL ANTENNAS, (3) RRU'S...".  I think this describes the original NV equipment.

I haven't been able to find any other new permits for sites scheduled to get Band 41, other than the original permits that were issued for the original NV work.  Nothing conclusive, but that's all I could find.

• Like 3

Band 41 sighting in Marysville. I'll post pictures once Tapatalk decides to work for me.

• Like 1

Tapatalk is still having issues so I can't post from my phone just yet but I believe it is the tower in south Marysville near I5

Edited by Beejis

Tapatalk is still having issues so I can't post from my phone just yet but I believe it is the tower in south Marysville near I5

There's a map in the Premier Sponsors area that would show you, but it looks like three or four former Clearwire sites in Marysville that should be up and going.

Do you know if they are replacing any equipment on the tower when they light up a former Clearwire site or is it just an equipment swap in the cabinet?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Do you know if they are replacing any equipment on the tower when they light up a former Clearwire site or is it just an equipment swap in the cabinet?

I think it's just a software update initially, but Sprint has to get rid of the Huawei equipment and replace it with Samsung equipment (in this market). NV 2 should provide entirely new equipment.

buju6y5y.jpg

e4arytep.jpg

I was pretty far from the tower sitting out in my car while taking these screen shots. This is the Marysville tower I was talking about yesterday.

Edited by Beejis
  • Like 2

Have band 41 here in Everett now near the naval station.

guny8ube.jpg

Edited by Beejis
  • Like 4

There seems to be an outage in Everett/bothell/mill creek area. 1x only service.

Same thing in Portland.

Yeah here in Marysville where I live I'm roaming where I usually get LTE. Wonder if they are doing work on my tower.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yeah here in Marysville where I live I'm roaming where I usually get LTE. Wonder if they are doing work on my tower.

Nah, this was an area wide outage.  It appears that things have returned to normal!

http://downdetector.com/status/sprint

• Like 1

Nah, this was an area wide outage.  It appears that things have returned to normal!

http://downdetector.com/status/sprint

From the looks of it to me there is still a big outage. I have never seen red on the map before. I have been noticing some issues all day today. I was even roaming for a good portion of the day. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

http://downdetector.com/status/sprint/map/

Edited by JThorson

Have band 41 here in Everett now near the naval station.

guny8ube.jpg

Gah... I wish I had a triband phone :wall:

• Like 1

Gah... I wish I had a triband phone :wall:

I got a lucky sweet deal on the nexus 5 16gb for $230 in mint condition on eBay.

5obgd2.jpg

This was a few min ago in south Marysville.  There's still a big gap between north Everett and Arlington/Smokey Point.

5obgd2.jpg

This was a few min ago in south Marysville.  There's still a big gap between north Everett and Arlington/Smokey Point.

There is a tower off of 116th that does not have upgraded backhaul.  Once there is fiber to the tower, it will buzzin with LTE.

Greetings everyone.  Just curious, I have been having issues recently while on the 3G network here Washington while my phone is sitting still in my home.  I constantly am losing Data (eHRPD) per the Signal Check Pro app.  Its happening quite a few times every hour.  This slows down my data quite a bit, and by slows down, I am meaning ill be using a webpage and it will be fine, then all the sudden it takes forever to load and then when eHRPD comes back it loads fine.  Has anyone else had this issue?  If so does anyone know a solution?  Also note my phone dropped back to EVDO Rev A. earlier today and It took quite a bit to get it back on eHRPD.  I was also having the same issue when connected to that as well.  Thanks for your input.

Edited by lilotimz

Just a suggestion. Might want to put this in your market thread to get a quicker response

Edited by lilotimz
  • Like 1

Greetings everyone.  Just curious, I have been having issues recently while on the 3G network here Washington while my phone is sitting still in my home.  I constantly am losing Data (eHRPD) per the Signal Check Pro app.  Its happening quite a few times every hour.  This slows down my data quite a bit, and by slows down, I am meaning ill be using a webpage and it will be fine, then all the sudden it takes forever to load and then when eHRPD comes back it loads fine.  Has anyone else had this issue?  If so does anyone know a solution?  Also note my phone dropped back to EVDO Rev A. earlier today and It took quite a bit to get it back on eHRPD.  I was also having the same issue when connected to that as well.  Thanks for your input.

Ask your neighbor if they have Sprint, and if they do, ask if they have an Airave.  It sounds like your signal is connecting to an Airave rather than a actual sprint tower. Try this, make a call on EVDO Rev A.  If you hear beeps when the call connects, then you are on an Airave.

I have seen what you described because I have an Airave.  I got an Airave because I can't get a Sprint signal in my home.  The only issues I've been having lately are dropped calls (not the legacy to new NV equip dropped calls as towers around me have been upgraded).

Edited by drlovety

Ask your neighbor if they have Sprint, and if they do, ask if they have an Airave.  It sounds like your signal is connecting to an Airave rather than a actual sprint tower. Try this, make a call on EVDO Rev A.  If you hear beeps when the call connects, then you are on an Airave.

I have seen what you described because I have an Airave.  I got an Airave because I can't get a Sprint signal in my home.  The only issues I've been having lately are dropped calls (not the legacy to new NV equip dropped calls as towers around me have been upgraded).

Nope its not connecting to an AirRave.  I dialed *99 as the instruction manual online i found says for this:

"By dialing *99 on your wireless phone, an audio message will confirm if you are in range of the

AIRAVE. Also, you will hear three short beeps on your wireless phone before making and

receiving calls."

It does not do that on either of my 2 phones that are having the problem.  Any other suggestions?  Also I am way to far from any of my neighbors for that to happen as well...