Network Vision/LTE - West Washington Market (Seattle/Puget Sound Region)

drlovety

I've seen some LTE around me and have gotten speeds up to 26 Mbps down, when they complete the NV or at least upgrade their 3G, what kind of speeds could I expect?

With a Samsung Galaxy S3, average downlink speeds will probably be in the 5 Mbps range.

AJ

has anyone on our market received the new ZVA update yet for spark?

I've checked the last couple days but nothing yet. It seems like it took about a week after the last update was announced before I got it.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I've checked the last couple days but nothing yet. It seems like it took about a week after the last update was announced before I got it.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Most of the software updates get pushed out over a period of time.  Nothing unusual.  

hey so anyone having difficulties with coverage in downtown seattle with the parade? Im curious to see how the upgrades have helped

I'm working just across from the north lot of Centurylink Field.  I have fairly strong 1xRTT signal (-80 dBm), but nothing else, and haven't had for several hours.  I don't have a tri-band device yet, so I can't report on the band 41 sites that are nearby.

I'm working just across from the north lot of Centurylink Field. I have fairly strong 1xRTT signal (-80 dBm), but nothing else, and haven't had for several hours. I don't have a tri-band device yet, so I can't report on the band 41 sites that are nearby.

Come to think of it, my building has a Sprint site in the building, which is probably why the 1xRTT signal was so good.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

hey so anyone having difficulties with coverage in downtown seattle with the parade? Im curious to see how the upgrades have helped

I have never (over the past 5 years) had service at Clink during a game (Seahawks, Cougs)...no voice, text, or data...nothing.  It's very frustrating as you walk past a large Verizon COW parked right outside the stadium.  Does anyone know what it takes to get a Sprint COW?  I usually roam my phone on VZW and it works very well.  Also, my work ATT phone works great and I also test drove T-mo, which also worked at a Seahawks game this year.  The only Sprint product that worked was WiMAX, and it worked very well (the best actually, when compared to the other major players).  Again, as one person above pointed out, the equipment in and around the stadium has not been upgraded.  I'm interested to know how this new technology handles large crowds.  But again, it is very frustrating to not have cell service when other providers have improved their service at the game.

I was at the northern part of the parade and cell service was dead,  I could not place a call on Verizon or ATT.  The only thing I could do was text, but thru Verizon of course.  My Sprint service was DOA.  I had 4G LTE on my phone but it didn't work.  However, like mentioned above, I was in an area with only 1 or 2 LTE sites, so all the traffic was being routed to those sites, as I believe most phones will lock to LTE over 3G.  My friend was very mad she couldn't get a call out and asked me what was going on.  I told her to look around to view how many people were on their phone, and it seemed that just about everyone around us was using their phone.  Finally, I've been told that there were anywhere from 700,000 to a million people at the parade/rally, all within a few miles and that police were telling everyone to only use their phones for 911 as nothing was getting through.  I think everyone was having a difficult time with their service provider.   :)

GO HAWKS!!

I was at the parade on 4th and Washington and I couldn't send or receive any texts or connect any phone calls.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I believe there are a couple of band 41 sites in the vicinity, so Spark might have made a difference in the Pioneer Square/CLink field area.

FIELD REPORT 1

Well everyone, I got some good news for you if your in Seattle. Here are some notes from my adventure tonight. So I decided to run a few data trips and here is what I got.

While waiting for the Route 43 from Downtown (4th and Pike) I picked up my 1st Band 41 tower. I took screenshots on both 3G mode when in that mode, and when operating in LTE only mode I got some engineering shots. I also sent a diagnostics through Signal Check PRO up to Mike. 

Field report 2 will include 3G information, band 25 information and additional stuff located in the same area of this initial report

post-20151-0-10910900-1391760652_thumb.png

post-20151-0-07390000-1391760670_thumb.png

post-20151-0-23454000-1391760673_thumb.png

FIELD REPORT 2

I flipped it into 3g mode to get a screenshot of the Signal Check information, Once I went back to LTE only, Initially, it was stuck in Band 25 mode in the LTE engineering for a second, ran data reset through LTE discovery, and was able to re-attach back to the Band 41 site information. I did notice some oddities in the Signal Check app during this time frame, It had located information from 2 different towers. Not sure what to make of it at the moment. In the end before my bus arrived I was able to get a final screenshot to confirm that I was back on Band 41. The information is the same as the one posted in report 1.  

post-20151-0-25742900-1391761130_thumb.png

post-20151-0-93839600-1391761154_thumb.png

post-20151-0-95787100-1391761233_thumb.png

post-20151-0-43379400-1391761253_thumb.png

post-20151-0-37353300-1391761316_thumb.png

• Like 1

FIELD REPORT 1

Well everyone, I got some good news for you if your in Seattle. Here are some notes from my adventure tonight. So I decided to run a few data trips and here is what I got.

While waiting for the Route 43 from Downtown (4th and Pike) I picked up my 1st Band 41 tower. I took screenshots on both 3G mode when in that mode, and when operating in LTE only mode I got some engineering shots. I also sent a diagnostics through Signal Check PRO up to Mike. 

Field report 2 will include 3G information, band 25 information and additional stuff located in the same area of this initial report

In the Premier Sponsors section there's a map of the Clearwire TD-LTE 2600 sites available.  There are a few sites surrounding downtown Seattle (Belltown and Pioneer Square) that are currently broadcasting, with maybe 1/2 dozen more throughout the central business district scheduled for updates in the first 1/2 of 2014.

• 2 weeks later...

I have noticed that the speeds are really slowing down in this area, dropping below 1Mbps with LTE in the cities, normal speed is 2Mbps, which an acceptable speed to me.

More people must be getting LTE capable phones and since 800 Mhz won't happen here for years, the 1900 Mhz signal is really on the edge in large buildings, I wonder what the future will bring here.

I have noticed that the speeds are really slowing down in this area, dropping below 1Mbps with LTE in the cities, normal speed is 2Mbps, which an acceptable speed to me.

More people must be getting LTE capable phones and since 800 Mhz won't happen here for years, the 1900 Mhz signal is really on the edge in large buildings, I wonder what the future will bring here.

Nowhere is fully deployed with B25 yet in the Puget Sound fortunately. Also, it will help that B41 is very widespread. But in places without B26, they will need to start adding B41 all the sooner.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

So for those around the South Lake Union area, near Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research center, I have noticed strong 4g band 25 active on my way home, I have noticed that 4g was active 2 nights in a row on my way home this week. I only seem to get it after 7pm and its only from Fairview and Eastlake through to U-district bridge. More research to follow

• Like 2