S4GRU

S4GRU Staff

I hope you also have access to the SAC bunker.  Otherwise, being so close to Offutt AFB, once you push that button, you are going to be dead soon.

AJ

Technically speaking you have to go to the StratCom (SAC successor) bunker to answer the red telephone and push the button so I think I'm covered.

• Like 1

Congrats, Mr.Nuke, you deserve it for all the hard work you've put into the site.

• Like 2

Didn't realize I didn't say congrats. So congrats.  :D

• Like 2

Congrats Seth   :tu:

• Like 1

Thank you for all you do Setih. :tu:  S4GRU really does have outstanding mods, So I extend this appreciation to each and every one of you, including those two clowns who seem to be running the show.  ;)  Thanks Guys!

• Like 1

Thank you for all you do Setih. :tu:

Yes, S4GRU supports SETIH -- the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence Hopefully -- because there is definitely no intelligence on this staff.

;)

AJ

• Like 1

Yes, S4GRU supports SETIH -- the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence Hopefully -- because there is definitely no intelligence on this staff.

;)

AJ

Speak of the devil... Here's one of those clowns now!   ;)

I prefer the title "Comic Entertainer" instead of clown, and more specifically "Serious Comic Entertainer" since we carry the ban hammer.  :devil:

• Like 1

Now if I start to hear you say "the devil made me do it" and "sock it to me" I'm gonna think you warped back in time and need to see the guys that have the funny long sleeve jackets. Check you into the rubber room motel.

Please join me in congratulating Trip in joining the Staff here at S4GRU. He has been a very helpful member and his expertise and tireless efforts tracking and plotting the wireless industry are nearly unequalled.  He will be right at home among the wireless geeks in the Hallowed Virtual Halls here at S4GRU.

Now he will have full moderator powers and responsibilities as well.  Welcome to THE ZOO!

:thx:

Robert 

• Like 13

Good evening, all.  I accepted Robert's invitation to join the family here because I love everything that this site stands for and am glad to contribute what I can. 

- Trip

• Like 11

Call me nuts, but I think I saw this coming. This dood is intense wireless. I enjoy seeing your work, it is very thorough and excellent reading to say the least.

Congratulations and thank you for your time, folks with your level of skill that volunteer are plain awesome. So much great insight as well. Keep sharing :)

• Like 1

Congrats! Glad to see such an amazing member be added to the amazing staff! I'm sure you'll be right at home ;)

-Anthony

• Like 1

Please join me in congratulating Trip in joining the Staff here at S4GRU.

In celebration, we all should go Tripping...

As an aside, "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots" is an all around great album -- for various reasons, on numerous levels.

;)

AJ

• Like 1

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• It's been this way for a couple years for me, but getting worse. It can't really get worse than it is now unless Sprint adds more customers, since they've already thinned CDMA down to the minimum. The addition of calling plus and VoLTE will take load off of CDMA, so it should start to improve actually.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• I guess we will hit another rough patch in sprints network

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Oh excellent!! That's a great sign. Although PCI 0 should show as Unknown..

-Mike
    • saw that over on reddit a few weeks ago. I don't know how much I would ever use it but its seem cool to play around with for the first few hours you have it and then it just sits in a drawer.    I haven't connected to a clear site with it yet but I will tomorrow morning. I'm just hoping I can at least connect to the clear site that covers my office. So far RF performance has been poor with it. 
    • Got my phone last night and I love the build of it. Very solid heavy phone. My previous phones have been LG G2, Nexus 6, LG G4, and LG V20. Coming from LG phones I am very used to the power button being on the back and it being combined with the finger print reader on the later LG phones. From what I've seen LG is one of the only manufactures that does that. Im not sure why since its only natural to push the back maybe its just my habit. But it also allow you to only have the volume on the side of the phone so you don't hit the wrong buttons.  This brings me to one of my dislikes about the Essential. If you are going to put the volume and power buttons near each other they should put some sort of texture on the power button.  The nexus 6 had it like this. I can't tell you how many times already I've hit the wrong button on the side.   Also I have to say the RF performance on this phone is the worst I've seen. Im getting 3G in many area where there is only GMO B25 sites. Also inside performance is on the edge of B25 and it tends to switch to B26 more often.