Network Vision/LTE - Nashville Market (including Knoxville/Chattanooga/Tri-Cities)

telefunken

I do know the lyrics and I'm not try to make this into a complaint board.

My riff on "Rocky Top" was very clever, but you seemed to take it literally. That, I do not get.

AJ

Maybe if you would pay your bills, Sprint would be more interested...

My bill is always paid. Not really sure what you're getting at.

EDIT: Oh you were joking. I don't get the joke though.

Sent from my rooted LTEVO running CM10.

Edited by Shahal

EDIT: Oh you were joking. I don't get the joke though.

Maybe you are a Vanderbilt or Kentucky fan...

AJ

Maybe you are a Vanderbilt or Kentucky fan...

AJ

After seeing UT this season I'm considering it.

Anyways, back to topic. So why is it that Verizon can basically dominate this area while everyone else including AT&T which is the major phone company around here, continues to struggle. I'm assuming it's a technical reason and not a lack of trying.

I'm currently with sprint just replied to the comment about maybe if we paid our bills sprint would pay more attention. I left Us Cellular over a year ago to switch to sprint and have since then moved my family over also. As for the Knoxville never launching WiMAX I know it was never officially launched in Knoxville and that was my point. I can get my EVO 3D back out and drive out to west Knoxville and connect to WiMAX but west Knoxville was as far as it ever made it. I've been to Atlanta and used lte with my 4g lte and can't wait for it to make its way up. I drive for a living back and forth between Knox and Nashville and Knox and battlefield ga. So I'm here to try and help users in this area Knox when and where I find lte sites that are live.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I live in North Knoxville and I connect to WiMax quite well for the most part on my 3VO. Works well for a back up internet source for my home.

I'm guessing we aren't going to see LTE here before 2013, not that I thought I would but hey! Oh well, I just hope it gets here before the next semester starts (hope!) Maybe Christmas miracle?

Edited by nocturnal

I'm guessing we aren't going to see LTE here before 2013, not that I thought I would but hey! Oh well, I just hope it gets here before the next semester starts (hope!) Maybe Christmas miracle?

Most likely not but it would be nice. I'm anticipating the NV upgrade more than anything. Just having a more capable 3G network is more than enough for me.

Most likely not but it would be nice. I'm anticipating the NV upgrade more than anything. Just having a more capable 3G network is more than enough for me.

Just so we're clear, the "NV Upgrade" is both 3G and LTE. Most likely, you will see LTE go live before you start seeing the 3G improvements. That's the trend in markets where Ericsson is doing the upgrades, which they are in the Nashville market.

Just so we're clear, the "NV Upgrade" is both 3G and LTE. Most likely, you will see LTE go live before you start seeing the 3G improvements. That's the trend in markets where Ericsson is doing the upgrades, which they are in the Nashville market.

Hmm figured we'd see 3g improvements before LTE.

building permits issued in knoxville area

12-1914, -1915, -1986, -2028, -2031, -2150, -2151, -2625, -1554, -1848, public works, 1750 McMillan Station Road, 3021 No. A Millsaps Way, 4945 No. A Wise Springs Road, 6504 Neubert Springs Road, 3530 Demarcus Lane, 2911 Rush Miller Road, 8925 No. C Ellis Lane, 10901 No. D Mcbride Lane, 10225 No. A Bluegrass Road, 1123 No. A Oscar Armstrong Road, Sprint Antenna Upgrades, NA, $23,270

12-2582 to -2585 and -2723, public works, 10727 No. A Deep Woods Lane, 11928 No. A Black Road, 9129 No. A Bluegrass Road, 1430 No. A Currier Lane, 681 Racquet Club Way, Sprint Antenna Upgrades, NA, $23,000

12-2027, -2029, -2030, -2033, -2067 and -2123, public works, 711 No. H Callahan Drive, 3603 Dyestone Gap Road, 604 No. B Reed Drive, 2861 No. C Sands Road, 4503 No. B Strawberry Plains Pike, 7604 No. B Maynardville Pike, Sprint Antenna Upgrades, NA, $21,260

In any case I'm going to be keeping a close eye on that tower on Callahan.

If this is legit, we might see some LTE start popping up in a month or so.

Edited by Shahal

Someone is building a new tower at the corner of Washington Pike and Mall Road South in Knoxville. Not sure who it is though. yrasu9y4.jpg

It has a building, so it is not likely Sprint.

Robert via Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

It has a building, so it is not likely Sprint.

Robert via Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

That sucks. Sprint could probably use a tower right there too.

All the towers in Knoxville sprint or not have those types of buildings so there's no telling. If I get a chance to stop one of those guys over there ill see if I can ask and see who it is.

Network Vision sites are not placed in buildings and they definitely would not build a new one that way. Sprint has almost zero sites with buildings unless they are on mountain tops. Very, very few. You are probably confusing colocated sites. Mostly Verizon and AT&T have site base stations located in buildings. Sprint and Tmo use exterior cabinets open to the weather.

So if this is not a colocated site, then it is almost certainly not Sprint.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

I've also noticed in the last 2 days 3g is randomly dropping out and coming back and so is my signal in Knoxville. I'll go from full service to no bars and back and not be moving. I'm not sure if that's a sign of them working on the towers around here or if Knoxville is just having problems

I've also noticed in the last 2 days 3g is randomly dropping out and coming back and so is my signal in Knoxville. I'll go from full service to no bars and back and not be moving. I'm not sure if that's a sign of them working on the towers around here or if Knoxville is just having problems

I've actually noticed that too. I'll just completely lose 3g or drop from 3g to 1x. Not sure what the issue is.