Network Vision/LTE - Nashville Market (including Knoxville/Chattanooga/Tri-Cities)

telefunken

• 4 months later...

I have not been able to test B26 yet, but 1x800 has recently went live here in Chattanooga.  The tower next to my house outside city limits has 1x800 up and running.  Some tower near the Chattanooga airport has 1x800 on it as well.  These are the two places that I have checked.  Fairly recent happening.

Sprint's coverage map now shows that it is a Spark market.  Kinda interesting cause they only officially annouced Cleveland, TN but Chattanooga is covered in it.  Hoping to get my N5 activated this week to test the waters out.  Some four or five months ago there was zero 1x800 or B26/41.  k

• 1 month later...

I've been all over Knoxville today visiting and not once has my phone connected to Spark. (iPhone 6 Plus)

I'm currently looking directly at a tower with Sprint equipment and what looks to be 8T8R antennas and all my phone is doing is jumping between 25/26. Is this a known issue around here or is my phone just refusing to connect?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been all over Knoxville today visiting and not once has my phone connected to Spark. (iPhone 6 Plus)

I'm currently looking directly at a tower with Sprint equipment and what looks to be 8T8R antennas and all my phone is doing is jumping between 25/26. Is this a known issue around here or is my phone just refusing to connect?

Are you sure the site has B41 gear, if your certain it doesn't mean its turned on yet. 

i cannot say that I was 100% certain but I didn't catch any Band 41 the entire trip.

I can't give out certain specifics but I can tell you if there was any B41 it would be on the southern end of Knoxville.  

From my experience in East Tennessee band 41 is active most everywhere and was easy to connect to, lately band 26 has been turned on most everywhere and your phone is locking on to that instead of band 41. We aren't allowed to give specific tower information in this thread though. Sprint's website does give a good idea where you should be able to get band 41

I've noticed Band 41 pretty much all over Knoxville and the Tri Cities. What pisses me off is the tower near my job that has Band 26 turned off. I either have to drop to 3G or use wifi if my phone doesn't drop to Band 25. This tower is in between 2 towers broadcasting Band 41. Has anyone noticed that Band 41 is not broadcasting in Athens, Tn lately?

• 2 weeks later...

There's a lot of B26 in the Chattanooga area now. You should be able to get it on your N5.

Yeah, the market is a lot better with B26 and some B41. Seems like on my side of town B41 deployments stopped. However I have seen crews working on Sprint racks installing new mounts for the new 8T8R antennas.

What stinks though is it seems to be backhaul limited now. B41 always pegs out at 40Mbps. Then my local tower I used to get ~30Mbps before B26 all day every day. Now after B26, either band pegs out at ~15Mbps.

What stinks though is it seems to be backhaul limited now. B41 always pegs out at 40Mbps. Then my local tower I used to get ~30Mbps before B26 all day every day. Now after B26, either band pegs out at ~15Mbps.

I recently discussed this in another thread. The same explanation is relevant in this experience as well: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/6782-backhaul-for-8t8r-band-41/?p=416094

The same amount of backhaul is being spread around more carriers. It will improve when the backhaul at the site gets upgraded.

Using Moto X² on Tapatalk

Was in rural Western North Carolina. My phone said it was roaming, but I noticed that the tower location said Sprint with a North Carolina address.I wonder if Sprint is adding towers there.

I've noticed Band 41 pretty much all over Knoxville and the Tri Cities. What pisses me off is the tower near my job that has Band 26 turned off. I either have to drop to 3G or use wifi if my phone doesn't drop to Band 25. This tower is in between 2 towers broadcasting Band 41. Has anyone noticed that Band 41 is not broadcasting in Athens, Tn lately?

I live near Athens and work in Athens every day but since the deployment of band 26 I rarely connect to band 41 so it's hard to tell if band 41 is working or not. I did connect to it outside one morning this week just west of I75. There is only one tower in Athens with band 41 active and the tower in Riceville has band 41, as well as the one in Niota

The Sprint tower on the South end of Athens is still 3G only if you can imagine that. It has band 41 panels on it but no LTE of any kind has ever worked on that tower

Wow, that site is ready for 800/1900/2600MHz LTE and no new high-speed backhaul has been brought to that site?  I have never heard of NSN installing B41 gear on a site that currently does not have LTE.  

I posted pictures of the tower with its new panels last Fall. It's an odd site. It was 4G accepted at one point but was later pulled from acceptance. Not sure what the issue is. There is backhaul to every other tower in the area so I know availability is not the problem.

[attachment=12957:Screenshot_2015-05-02-19-57-09.png

Band 41 in Athens Tennessee

You should post your screenshot along with the coordinates, site ID, and market in the premier section for LTE 800/2500 so lilotimz and Mr. Nuke can get it added to the map. 

Just make sure you get a screenshot of the signal strength at -90dBm or better for LTE 2500, and -85dBm LTE 800.