I'm Here!

BenChase7

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 5 January 2012

First and foremost, whoever the s4gru guy is running this site (and the FB one) is doing an awesome job! Thanks for everything.

Its been pretty exciting lately, first the Note, then the LTE deployment news and Nexus info today! Sounding like a good way to start the year.

I'm Ben, live in Phoenix, Been a Sprint fan/customer for 10 years this August.

I've been lurking a while, and finally opened up an account cuz I liked the site so much, and I've been referencing it over at androidforums in the Sprint treads, and have heard good feedback. Way to go s4gru!

Quick question about the Network Vision upgrade related to 3G: In todays post s4gru mentioned that, "Sprint will be deploying Voice on 800MHz initially in one carrier with Network Vision deployments now under way. Sprint devices with CDMA capability on 800MHz will be able to use them right away." Now, will my Epic 4G Touch be able to take advantage of this when it is rolled out in my area??

Thanks again!!

-Ben

• Like 1

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 6 January 2012

Ben. Thanks for the compliments and welcome to the site. The Epic 4G Touch will do voice on 800MHz on Network Vision towers. It will also run 3G on 800MHz, when and if Sprint ever deploys 3G EVDO on 800MHz. However, to run in Sprint's LTE on 800 that will come out in 2013, you will need to upgrade your device.

Best Regards,

Robert Herron

Sprint 4G Rollout Updates

I hope to see you around the forums.

• Like 4

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 6 January 2012

Ben. Thanks for the compliments and welcome to the site. The Epic 4G Touch will do voice on 800MHz on Network Vision towers. It will also run 3G on 800MHz, when and if Sprint ever deploys 3G EVDO on 800MHz. However, to run in Sprint's LTE on 800 that will come out in 2013, you will need to upgrade your device.

Best Regards,

Robert Herron

Sprint 4G Rollout Updates

I hope to see you around the forums.

No Problem! ... Thanks for the Info.. I'll see you around for sure.

It's available. I just was waiting to complete Beta 2.0 before committing to a custom domain.

The forums have really taken off since we migrated to the new site last weekend. Much more than I imagined. I may have to reconsider waiting.

Also, :welcome: I'm glad you were able to sign in. Sorry about the issues you were having.