Your top 5 games/timewasters.

pyroscott

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 22 January 2012

What are your top 5 games or timewasters and why you like them? Also name what OS they are on.

My top 5 for Android

1. GTA III - I remember playing this game for hours on end on the PS2. It brings back lots of memories playing it on my phone. The controls take some getting used to, but I love the game.
  2. COLLAPSE - Block breaking game that is simple but addicting
  3. Pinochle - We play pinochle in the office on lunch break and it's addicting, so I play this when I need my fix away from work. The AI is not very smart and the computer makes some dumb mistakes, but it is the only one out there.
  4. Netflix - I don't think there is a limit to the number of times someone can watch the big lebowski.
  5. Monopoly - Great game and it keeps track of money for you so there is none of that annoying thinking to do.

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 23 January 2012

My overall time waster is Pulse. You can load all sorts of tech/news/ sports entertainment sites or whatever. I've loaded up 5 pages with different interests. It gives me something to read when I'm stuck in line or at the airport or out shopping with the wife.

I'm a nerd. I like to read Wikipedia. Just pick a random topic or subject that I have some peripheral interest in and read. Especially geographical subjects. I used to read the Encyclopedia Brittanica when I was a kid. Major dork alert. However, when I want to kill time mindlessly, I started playing Angry Birds in the past month or so. I put it off forever. My kids always play it. I finally have succumb.

I used to hit random word on urban dictionary for hours on end. I am well versed in slang that nobody knows about and people think I am weird because of it. I did the same on Wikipedia, but it takes a few tries to get anything interesting. I like to follow links that are in the interesting wikipedia articles I find.

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 29 January 2012

The wife just got me hooked on tangram. It gives you a shape and a bunch of small pieces that you have to fit in the big shape to fill it up.