Network Vision/LTE - Las Vegas Market

Timbax

That's certainly better than "you are completely wrong" thanx for the info; I just don't get it;

I have an engineering background; if LV MSA is delayed getting B26 because of interference issues

stemming from San Bernadino County how can Sprint possibly integrate B41 into their B25

coverage w/o doing the optimizations all over again a year later when B26 comes along; this

along with the wimax issues; I guess I should be happy to have any 4G LTE at all here..

The engineering design of each frequency is independent from each other.

Band 26 will be for coverage while band 41 will be for capacity.

Wimax has no bearing on sprint 2.5 other than the fact that they take up chunks of BRS / ebs spectrum which can be refarmed for additional band 41 carriers.

Considering most markets have oodles of said spectrum it's not hard to park additional carriers on the free spectrum and shift the wimax channels to the spectrum you're not going to use for band 41 until 3 carrier aggregation is activated in 2h 2015.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

That's certainly better than "you are completely wrong"  thanx for the info; I just don't get it;

I have an engineering background; if LV MSA is delayed getting B26 because of interference issues

stemming from San Bernadino County how can Sprint possibly integrate B41 into their B25

coverage w/o doing the optimizations all over again a year later when B26 comes along; this

along with the wimax issues; I guess I should be happy to have any 4G LTE at all here..

B41 and B26 are broadcast from different equipment, and managed by different crews. Optimization for B41 won't affect B26, and vice versa. 

• Like 1

if LV MSA is delayed getting B26 because of interference issues stemming from San Bernadino County how can Sprint possibly integrate B41 into their B25 coverage w/o doing the optimizations all over again a year later when B26 comes along;

Because Band 26 and band 41 have no correlation with each other. As Dkoellerwx mentions, Band 25/26 share a common panel at a site. Band 41 requires a separate panel. Any hold ups with San Bernadino vacating the 800 spectrum have absolutely zero effect on 8T8R or Clear Band 41.

Sorry...I live here...I can't be completely wrong (with all due

respect to your knowledge & position) ; orangeblues latest trip

and evidence suggests we are a long ways from total integration;

I've NEVER connected to B41 with my Zing anywhere in the valley

here!! I've also not seen any evidence on the Premier Sponsor

maps for B41...You need source and backup information that

"I'm completely wrong" "..I hope I am..

I found a lot of towers around the strip and the northern part of the city and only a handful are on air with slower as expected speeds.Sprint has been busy putting them up but it would be nice to allow Joe Consumer on the network too.

Las Vegas is one of the target cities... they're going gangbusters on 8T8R installs. Once FIT testing wraps up you should see quite a bit of B41 coverage. 

How long does that take? I have seen the first 8t8r deployments in March and now there is still not much going on.

8T8R is under field testing and all deployments are covered under strict NDAs to prevent leakage of deployment details to the general public. Strict penalties are in place for those who speak of the deployment, take pictures, and / or activate the equipment which is strictly against the rules of the deployment until the testing in the vendor FITs are complete. 

Las Vegas is one of the regions ALcatel-Lucent started on back in March / April alongside many other regions. The very fact you don't see new antennas installed or B41 live on your devices in your local area does not mean they are not deploying elsewhere in the region. 

Also with Re: to maps and tracking. You can ask Josh about that.

Sprint should also light up some of the B25 towers (around CSN) that are currently off air.

The engineering design of each frequency is independent from each other.

Band 26 will be for coverage while band 41 will be for capacity.

Wimax has no bearing on sprint 2.5 other than the fact that they take up chunks of BRS / ebs spectrum which can be refarmed for additional band 41 carriers.

Considering most markets have oodles of said spectrum it's not hard to park additional carriers on the free spectrum and shift the wimax channels to the spectrum you're not going to use for band 41 until 3 carrier aggregation is activated in 2h 2015.

Could it be that Sprint moved some of the Wimax spectrum in Las Vegas to pair more LTE spectrum together on B41?

How long does that take? I have seen the first 8t8r deployments in March and now there is still not much going on.

Well, first they have to get enough equipment up to do the FIT testing. That should be wrapping up in the next couple of months. Sometime this fall. Tim has more information on that than I do.

Sorry...I live here...I can't be completely wrong (with all due

respect to your knowledge & position) ; orangeblues latest trip

and evidence suggests we are a long ways from total integration;

I've NEVER connected to B41 with my Zing anywhere in the valley

here!! I've also not seen any evidence on the Premier Sponsor

maps for B41...You need source and backup information that

"I'm completely wrong" "..I hope I am..

Not to take sides, but I'm connected to b41 right now on my nexus 5 at st rose and Spencer. Getting 35+ down.

Not to take sides, but I'm connected to b41 right now on my nexus 5 at st rose and Spencer. Getting 35+ down.

Engineering screen shot?

I'm going to GVR today; I'll be at Whole Foods which is at the intersection of GV Pkw & 215;

my Zing should see B41 there if what you say is true that B41 goes all the way from the GV exit to

the fiesta...this must have just been fired up as I was at the District 2 days ago and did not pick

up any B41....and the Zing has better reach than any smartphone IMHO

Thanx alot for the info...there appears to be a glimmer of hope here..

Should I be reporting band 41 while I'm on vacation here in Vegas? Been here an hour and have found it in Henderson.

Standard reporting rules and documentation apply. Post with site Id, coordinates, and proof on the appropriate thread.

Band 41 is activated on 69 towers in LV as of today. Should hit b41 all the way down to water street.

And how did you come across that information and how reliable is it ?

308 total towers in LV

Yes... we know the numbers here and where they're located at..

Anyhow good to know. Hopefully they get the strip covered better as I hear it's pretty trash down there. 

• Like 1