Network Vision/LTE - Las Vegas Market

Timbax

Baffled by the biggest problem areas being the last to get done. Same here, in Pittsburgh; downtown was untouched until mere days ago.

As it is, so sad to read this. Flying to Vegas on Tuesday... Was hoping for my phone to not be a burning hot paperweight with rapidly draining battery as it has been for years when I vacation there...

Downtown Pittsburgh had had plenty of work. They just couldn't bring things online until the entire cluster was complete.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Downtown Pittsburgh had had plenty of work. They just couldn't bring things online until the entire cluster was complete.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I'm well aware of the cluster issues. I'm also aware that service was *emergency* bad. Until I got a spark phone, SMS wouldn't work and calls were sometimes not possible from PNC Park during games.... also problems driving through town without dropping calls at least twice...  

Side question: the towers which cover the various tunnels. Are they not part of any cluster?

My sister is in Vegas until later tonight & then heads back here to Bakersfield & she called me via Hangouts inside of Sams Town & was very surprised to see her playing on a slot machine & she came in clear no longer on the Samsung Galaxy 2 WiMax & not on the HTC Once M7 she came in clear with little to no lag was very happy to see her Win some money while video chatting also anyone have an idea Why Sprints coverage map does not show LTE & only Sensorly does?

http://coverage.sprint.com/IMPACT.jsp?INTNAV=ATG:HE:Cov

• 3 weeks later...

In Vegas I have only seen b25. Even after the spark update for the nexus five. I've been all over Henderson, up and down eastern ave, warm springs from las Vegas blvd to boulder highway, 215 from the feista to las Vegas blvd. Lots of b25… not b26 or 41 that my phone picks up.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I remember Vegas being one of the first Sprint lte spots in the network, so it might be that they went to the extreme for a good first impression & overdid it with band 25 antennas...or you can call Sprint and do what I did, told them I can't get on band 26 & they fixed the problem in 30 minutes or more. Now I'm in my elevator downloading at 14 to 26 MBS. Nyc , average speed-40 to 60 MBS.

I remember Vegas being one of the first Sprint lte spots in the network, so it might be that they went to the extreme for a good first impression & overdid it with band 25 antennas...or you can call Sprint and do what I did, told them I can't get on band 26 & they fixed the problem in 30 minutes or more. Now I'm in my elevator downloading at 14 to 26 MBS. Nyc , average speed-40 to 60 MBS.

Vegas was a 3rd round market, so it was far behind many other places like Los Angeles and Atlanta. However, one of our members discovered that Las Vegas will not see Band 26 LTE for a while due to some circumstances in a bordering market. But Band 41 LTE work is progressing at a pretty good pace, but that work is in testing, and may not always be live where each site is until official market announcement. Plus the Las Vegas metro area has never been "launched" and therefore even if you call Sprint, there isn't much that they'll do until it launches officially.

Vegas was a 3rd round market, so it was far behind many other places like Los Angeles and Atlanta. However, one of our members discovered that Las Vegas will not see Band 26 LTE for a while due to some circumstances in a bordering market. But Band 41 LTE work is progressing at a pretty good pace, but that work is in testing, and may not always be live where each site is until official market announcement. Plus the Las Vegas metro area has never been "launched" and therefore even if you call Sprint, there isn't much that they'll do until it launches officially.

So, I guess I can rule out band 26 for the end of September when I arrive for my bachelor party? Some friends of mine with sprint said service is miserable on the strip.

So, I guess I can rule out band 26 for the end of September when I arrive for my bachelor party? 

Yep, almost certainly. However, if you're at bachelor party I definitely hope that you're paying attention to something other than your phone!  ;)

• Like 1

So, I guess I can rule out band 26 for the end of September when I arrive for my bachelor party? Some friends of mine with sprint said service is miserable on the strip.

I'm sure calls are still going through down there. Data is pretty good in some areas, and frankly, why would you need internet when you are there for a bachelor party? Aren't you going to have fun?

Yep, almost certainly. However, if you're at bachelor party I definitely hope that you're paying attention to something other than your phone! ;)

I'm sure calls are still going through down there. Data is pretty good in some areas, and frankly, why would you need internet when you are there for a bachelor party? Aren't you going to have fun?

Of course I'm going there for fun. There will inevitably be down time where I would like to check on some things. Even though my dad lives there, and I'll be occasionally leaving the strip, most of my time will be on the strip, so some kind of connection will be needed. And come on, guys, I'll have to FaceTime my girl to let her know things are going "alright" out there. :)

Of course I'm going there for fun. There will inevitably be down time where I would like to check on some things. Even though my dad lives there, and I'll be occasionally leaving the strip, most of my time will be on the strip, so some kind of connection will be needed. And come on, guys, I'll have to FaceTime my girl to let her know things are going "alright" out there. :)

The hotels have wifi, don't they?

Would you mind pointing me in the direction of that post, or if you don't mind, just fill me in on why we won't be getting b26 anytime soon? Thanks!

Would you mind pointing me in the direction of that post, or if you don't mind, just fill me in on why we won't be getting b26 anytime soon? Thanks!

Because San Bernardino County hasn't totally vacated the spectrum yet. Apparently they operate a site somewhere in Clark County (among others). Until San Bernardino finishes rebanding these three sites, Sprint has told the FCC that they won't begin to deploy Band 26 in Clark County (as well as a couple of California counties).

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Because San Bernardino County hasn't totally vacated the spectrum yet. Apparently they operate a site somewhere in Clark County (among others). Until San Bernardino finishes rebanding these three sites, Sprint has told the FCC that they won't begin to deploy Band 26 in Clark County (as well as a couple of California counties).

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Thanks for answering him.

• Like 1

Was in Vegas this past weekend and LTE (band 25) is pretty prevalent outdoors along the strip. I was there in early April and it's still very usable, so no complaints.

There's actually a very strong LTE connection at Wet Republic (MGM's pool party/day club). Although, I wasn't really on my phone as there were "other" things that needed my attention.

Inside the hotels I went (MGM, Planet Hollywood and Bellagio), the 3G connection was quite fast and very usable for internet, facebook, twitter and IG. Didn't do a speed test, but had no issues whatsoever. Would be nice to see LTE inside, but really, there was never a single time I wish I had a faster connection.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Was in Vegas this past weekend and LTE (band 25) is pretty prevalent outdoors along the strip. I was there in early April and it's still very usable, so no complaints.

There's actually a very strong LTE connection at Wet Republic (MGM's pool party/day club). Although, I wasn't really on my phone as there were "other" things that needed my attention.

Inside the hotels I went (MGM, Planet Hollywood and Bellagio), the 3G connection was quite fast and very usable for internet, facebook, twitter and IG. Didn't do a speed test, but had no issues whatsoever. Would be nice to see LTE inside, but really, there was never a single time I wish I had a faster connection.

Wow really???  I was there in July at the flamingo and over to the Wynn...and it was almost non-existent, even to the point it was causing my phone to lock up...LG G2...

So going back next week for another trade show, basically same area, and I will check it out again...

Now outside the strip, it runs pretty well...

but they need to get on those hotel people and allow them to update the towers...if you look at the map some still have brown dots :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:

Wow really??? I was there in July at the flamingo and over to the Wynn...and it was almost non-existent, even to the point it was causing my phone to lock up...LG G2...

So going back next week for another trade show, basically same area, and I will check it out again...

Now outside the strip, it runs pretty well...

but they need to get on those hotel people and allow them to update the towers...if you look at the map some still have brown dots :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

DAS equipment is owned by a different company, and equipment compatible with Sprint LTE was behind schedule in ALU territory. They should start being accepted by this winter, with full completion by Spring 2015. The hotels have no say on work starts. They are still subject to the same permitting authorities that macro sites are subject too. Give it time, they will get done.

Edit: fixed the year for the completion of Vegas DAS.

DAS equipment is owned by a different company, and equipment compatible with Sprint LTE was behind schedule in ALU territory. They should start being accepted by this winter, with full completion by Spring 2014. 

They'll need a time machine to meet that deadline!  ;)

• Like 1

I'm certain that it's been posted before but it is worth stating again how

ironic it is that the entetainment & gambling center of all the MSAs iinthe

whole country will be one of the very last markets to be launched!

The logic of this to me is nothing less than stupefying and defies even

a modicum of common sense for Sprint..