Network Vision/LTE - Lower Central Valley Market (Fresno, Bakersfield, Visalia)

aelenes

• 4 weeks later...

Spotted band 26 in Visalia on Mooney!!

http://i.imgur.com/icCMOZh.png

Only had it for about a minute, tried holding it in a safe and a fridge and but couldn't get it to connect again.

Edit: forgot an r

That's great to see! Best way to test is if you know any area covered by that tower that only had 3G before, then it might connect to band 26 again.

Spotted band 26 in Visalia on Mooney!!

http://i.imgur.com/icCMOZh.png

Only had it for about a minute, tried holding it in a safe and a fridge and but couldn't get it to connect again.

Edit: forgot an r

Mooney and what? (Walnut, Caldwell?)

Mooney and what? (Walnut, Caldwell?)

In the Sprint store lol, so Cameron. I'm an employee, I got excited since our maps don't show band 26 here and I saw it briefly this morning, couldnt connect again all day so they're probably just testing. Hope it happens soon though :D speeds are good here but overall LTE coverage is lacking :l

Hmm, unfortunate. Will be nice indoors though.

Kind of a shower thought, band 26 towers have to be tuned so they're not overlapping and interfering, right? band 41 CA requires multiple carriers on band 41 on or around the same tower. Why is it bad if band 26 towers are overlapping? Is it different because they're a lower frequency or because they're not bein. aggregated?

Hmm, unfortunate. Will be nice indoors though.

Kind of a shower thought, band 26 towers have to be tuned so they're not overlapping and interfering, right? band 41 CA requires multiple carriers on band 41 on or around the same tower. Why is it bad if band 26 towers are overlapping? Is it different because they're a lower frequency or because they're not bein. aggregated?

Aggregated band 41 carriers are on different frequencies. 800mhz is all on 1 frequency. Same frequency + same frequency = interference.

• 2 weeks later...

Still spotty but way better than it was, have lte almost everywhere outdoors but indoors is still pretty iffy. (quick summary of Fresno). I personally haven't noticed much work going on either. I don't think much has been done in the last six months or so.

I got B26 here as well only on 1 tower on Truxtun I was at Camelot Park I even had to call Sprint to figure why we don't have more & they tell me there are non working or even on maybe it was a fluke I then I had to get them to understand I understand more than they think oh well always the hurry up & wait game for us here in Bakersfield

There is finally lte here in corcoran just started a few days ago

Speeds are better then 3G. 3G was pulling about .02 mbs now on lte its about 5mbs

That's great to see! I recall a few times when I've passed on 43 I'd even have trouble sending short video clips on Messenger or switching music streaming stations, so it's great to see that they finally have LTE. It's also great to see they decided to launch 800MHz LTE from the start considering it's so far out from other cell sites. Hopefully they're planning on lighting up 2.5GHz to handle the influx of new Sprint/Boost customers once the word gets out that usable data is back.

• Like 1

We have one official tower running B26 yet no idea why the Speeds are slow it is Crazy would like it to have better Speeds with B41 being the Fastest & Strongest tower I think is on Truxtun yet the apps can't give me an exact tower anyone know where it is lit up at?

We have one official tower running B26 yet no idea why the Speeds are slow it is Crazy would like it to have better Speeds with B41

Band 26 isn't fast especially if the tower lacks band 41. It's just 5x5 so it's not uncommon for B26/B25 to both get congested during busy times without B41. Once B41 is added, B25/26 speeds significantly improve since it unloads a lot of users to faster B41.

Band 26 isn't fast especially if the tower lacks band 41. It's just 5x5 so it's not uncommon for B26/B25 to both get congested during busy times without B41. Once B41 is added, B25/26 speeds significantly improve since it unloads a lot of users to faster B41.

Sometimes. Sprint is known to install and fire up B26 without tweaking its load balancing. As a result you and every triband Sprint phone will be using B26 most of the time unless you're really close to the tower.

Houston was one of the first markets to get B26 and B41, but even til this day there are still load balancing issues. I'm assuming once Clearwire Equipment is decommissioned, Sprint will focus on network management.

• 3 weeks later...