Network Vision/LTE - Lower Central Valley Market (Fresno, Bakersfield, Visalia)

aelenes

We're the only two left. :lol:

I'm not sure when this happened, but I noticed slightly better LTE signal while in downtown Hanford. Checked, and sure enough 800MHz LTE / band 26 is here.

r7Cob9D.jpg

I then went to Smart & Final in the eastern part of Hanford (a known place with horrible data on Sprint). Surprisingly, 3G seemed more solid (didn't drop to 1X) but LTE didn't reach in inside. Then again, I'm not sure what towers have 800MHz LTE. Still though, Costco (and others) are coming to that area (highway 43 and 198) so I wonder if Sprint will bring back that old Nextel tower back to life at that intersection... might be along the path of the bullet train, though.

Possibly. They did state about a thousand former Nextel locations will be used to add additional coverage. Hopefully they do and we hear more about it in tomorrow's earning calls.

Now it would be nice to see that here in Bakersfield we have I think only 2 towers running on 1x800 without any B26 really sad to see everyone else get better than us always the hurry up & wait game

San Bernardino County is still the issue here. Las Vegas still has no B26 LTE either, and neither does LA. It's a wonder Kings County was given the go ahead for B26.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 6s Plus 128GB using Tapatalk

San Bernardino County is still the issue here. Las Vegas still has no B26 LTE either, and neither does LA. It's a wonder Kings County was given the go ahead for B26.

Is there any way we can help Sprint get this to be fixed?

Is there any way we can help Sprint get this to be fixed?

Nope. San Berbardino got an extension that covers them until next June. Hopefully by then they will finally vacate the necessary spectrum.

Like 2017 or 2016 of june?

Band 26 should start deploying in the areas affected by San Bernardino County by the middle of Summer 2016.

• 2 weeks later...

Nope. San Berbardino got an extension that covers them until next June. Hopefully by then they will finally vacate the necessary spectrum.

Band 26 should start deploying in the areas affected by San Bernardino County by the middle of Summer 2016.

San Burnitdownnow.

AJ

• Like 1

Still no Luv here in Bakersfield or always the last city to move up in the ranks   Sprint LTE Plus advances hit 77 markets

http://www.rcrwireless.com/20151117/carriers/sprint-lte-plus-advances-hit-77-markets-tag2

Important to note that the 77 represent's whole Sprint markets, entire regions, and not just 77 cities. There are 90-some Sprint markets. 

Yet does not give full details where the 77 are the map is not very helpful

Uhh... seems reasonable to me.

map.jpg

For reference, how Sprint markets are divided: http://s4gru.forumflash.com/uploads/gallery/album_5/gallery_1_5_299248.jpg

You have to remember this is not the marketing department talking here. A very different definition of "market" compared to what the marketing department may use.

• Like 1

B26 here in Valencia California stayed on for 30 sec then got a phone call now back on B25 waiting to see the change back so I can speed test it I am right next FatBuger after Magic Mountain

Band 26 in Valencia? Wow! I wasn't expecting that until next year! Maybe someone finally lit a fire under San Bernarino County's a** to get something done!

• Like 1