Network Vision/LTE - Lower Central Valley Market (Fresno, Bakersfield, Visalia)

aelenes

Band 25, 26, and 41 in Kerman and even though I live in town, it's rare to get any LTE signal. And when you do get band 26 it only lasts a few seconds and then drops back to 3G if you go indoors. Pretty disappointed, looks like I'll be stuck in a dead zone.

Band 25, 26, and 41 in Kerman and even though I live in town, it's rare to get any LTE signal. And when you do get band 26 it only lasts a few seconds and then drops back to 3G if you go indoors. Pretty disappointed, looks like I'll be stuck in a dead zone.

I live in town and get LTE everywhere, I'm rarely without it. Maybe it's a phone issue

If the device that you are using is in fact the LG Optimus F3, I'm pretty sure that that's a Band 25 only device. That means you're not getting the super fast speeds of Band 41 or the indoor signal penetration of 800MHz LTE. You're not getting a good experience of the network because of your device.

If the device that you are using is in fact the LG Optimus G3, I'm pretty sure that that's a Band 25 only device. That means you're not getting the super fast speeds of Band 41 or the indoor signal penetration of 800MHz LTE. You're not getting a good experience of the network because of your device.

Oh no, thats one of my old phones. I havent updated my profile. Ive had the galaxy s5 for a while

I live in town and get LTE everywhere, I'm rarely without it. Maybe it's a phone issue

I can get a good connection anywhere else in town, including inside of Walmart (and sometimes taco bell), but it's just in my neighborhood on the northwest side of town where I have trouble

I noticed Kettleman City (at I-5 and CA-41) has LTE now. Went to LA this weekend and decided to test the range of the tower while there. I was driving with family so I didn't check if it had band 26, but I assume yes because from the tower (in Kettleman City) I counted 10 full miles of LTE signal driving south on I-5. That's the longest range LTE tower I've experienced - nothing like the short range 1900MHz LTE towers in Hanford. Signal was also very stable - gradually went thru 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 bars without any fluctuations. After the 10 miles, the 1 LTE bar lasted very shortly and the phone switched to 5 bars of 1X... and eventually no service. Way much 1X on I-5 - hopefully they add a few towers here and there to provide a solid LTE experience in the future. 

I was in southern LA for two days and unfortunately had too much sluggish 3G indoors and outdoors in random spots of towns - could definitely tell it was an area without 800MHz LTE. I was not a happy camper when I was bored and my 9gag (or worse yet, driving directions) would take an eternity to load. Where LTE, though, speeds were fine.

Can't wait to have 800MHz LTE everywhere., especially now that I see it can match or beat EVDO range.   :)

• Like 2

I noticed Kettleman City (at I-5 and CA-41) has LTE now. Went to LA this weekend and decided to test the range of the tower while there. I was driving with family so I didn't check if it had band 26, but I assume yes because from the tower (in Kettleman City) I counted 10 full miles of LTE signal driving south on I-5. That's the longest range LTE tower I've experienced - nothing like the short range 1900MHz LTE towers in Hanford. Signal was also very stable - gradually went thru 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 bars without any fluctuations. After the 10 miles, the 1 LTE bar lasted very shortly and the phone switched to 5 bars of 1X... and eventually no service. Way much 1X on I-5 - hopefully they add a few towers here and there to provide a solid LTE experience in the future. 

I was in southern LA for two days and unfortunately had too much sluggish 3G indoors and outdoors in random spots of towns - could definitely tell it was an area without 800MHz LTE. I was not a happy camper when I was bored and my 9gag (or worse yet, driving directions) would take an eternity to load. Where LTE, though, speeds were fine.

Can't wait to have 800MHz LTE everywhere., especially now that I see it can match or beat EVDO range.   :)

I was just in LA/Hollywood & Santa Monica all LTE towers I look at had only Band 41 I have the Note 4 & the LG G2 yet still could not find Band 26 anywhere while driving Band 41 TD-LTE  can not understand why in one of  the Largest cities in the CA still can't get all 3 Bands pretty sad if you ask me & just wish Bakersfield would hurry up the Sprint website for coverage shows that we have LTE all over here yet we know since they only have like 5 towers active that we will have to wait even longer 

I was just in LA/Hollywood & Santa Monica all LTE towers I look at had only Band 41 I have the Note 4 & the LG G2 yet still could not find Band 26 anywhere while driving Band 41 TD-LTE  can not understand why in one of  the Largest cities in the CA still can't get all 3 Bands pretty sad if you ask me & just wish Bakersfield would hurry up the Sprint website for coverage shows that we have LTE all over here yet we know since they only have like 5 towers active that we will have to wait even longer 

I understand your frustration. I'll address this as a 2 part.

Band 26 can be summed up in 3 simple words, San Bernardino County. Basically it boils down to Public Safety rebanding, and they haven't completed their rebanding. It is supposed to be done this month. Said county is impeding Band 26 in a number of areas, not just LA. (Las Vegas, cough cough)

As for LTE deployment in the Bakersfield area, I'm not sure why there is a holdup now. Maybe there is an issue with carrier cards, missed deliveries, backhaul issues (Bright House/Charter merger; AT&T/Directv merger), lack of integration techs, etc. I would hope once Band 26 starts rolling out across the area things will really get going again.

• Like 1

I understand your frustration. I'll address this as a 2 part.

Band 26 can be summed up in 3 simple words, San Bernardino County. Basically it boils down to Public Safety rebanding, and they haven't completed their rebanding. It is supposed to be done this month. Said county is impeding Band 26 in a number of areas, not just LA. (Las Vegas, cough cough)

As for LTE deployment in the Bakersfield area, I'm not sure why there is a holdup now. Maybe there is an issue with carrier cards, missed deliveries, backhaul issues (Bright House/Charter merger; AT&T/Directv merger), lack of integration techs, etc. I would hope once Band 26 starts rolling out across the area things will really get going again.

Makes me wonder if the sprint activity on a close by tower was actually to hook up B26 so that they could be ready to go once the San Bernardino issue is taken care of.

Makes me wonder if the sprint activity on a close by tower was actually to hook up B26 so that they could be ready to go once the San Bernardino issue is taken care of.

I wouldn't be surprised. I'm really hoping that it does happen at the end of this month. I believe they are throwing in a carrier card for Band 26. Plus after activation, they will still have to optimize all sites in a given area so as to reduce interference, which does take longer, so by the end of summer, hopefully, Band 26 will be ubiquitous over the whole region.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Please let this be the case.

I'm about to stage a protest outside of the San Bernardino County offices.  Here's the chant: "We want B26!  When do we want it?  Now!"

• Like 1

Kern County B26 is also delayed by SBC. Basically everything Kern/Inyo and south in CA. And Clark and South Nye in Nevada.

Using Tapatalk on Nexus 6

Kern County B26 is also delayed by SBC.

I thought that it was AT&T now.

Might want to be careful with that acronym.

;)

AJ

• Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised. I'm really hoping that it does happen at the end of this month. I believe they are throwing in a carrier card for Band 26. Plus after activation, they will still have to optimize all sites in a given area so as to reduce interference, which does take longer, so by the end of summer, hopefully, Band 26 will be ubiquitous over the whole region.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

I'm in northern OC/eastern LA County, I still have not seen the 800 RRU's installed on the towers south and east of that virtual diagonal 800 boundary yet...you can be sure I'll holler when I see them though!

EDIT: In the LA Metro thread of course [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I thought that it was AT&T now.

Might want to be careful with that acronym.

;)

AJ

San Bernardino County was SBC long before the Bells. ;)

Either way I am not surprised they are delayed. 

Negatory.  Randall Stephenson is undead.  He has existed for hundreds of years to suck the lifeblood from man.

AJ

• Like 3

I'm in northern OC/eastern LA County, I still have not seen the 800 RRU's installed on the towers south and east of that virtual diagonal 800 boundary yet...you can be sure I'll holler when I see them though!

EDIT: In the LA Metro thread of course [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

I went to Griffith Park this week & I got 1x800 while I was there no idea where the tower is just know when I was at the top of the hill my phone was going off like crazy with it going in & out of the signal for 1x800

Ive Spoken With Sprint and they said sprint spark will be a over the fresno area by the end of summer. The reason for lousy coverage and the 3g/lte switching is because of the upgrades. The lady i spoke with also said the coverage looked like a checker board, good in some areas, very bad in others. This is part of Sprint*s nationwide network overhaul. Spark cant come soon enough!

This will be happening in lots of cities close to fresno also ex: Salinas, Los Banos etc etc

Definitely could use some strategically placed towers in the area for sure! There's just lots of gaps.... like where I work! LOL!

B41 isn't going to help with coverage unless they add more sites.

Anybody have experience with signal boost antennas and whether they actually help.  i live on the fringe of the 4G area in 93631.  Our Samsung S4 phones will have LTE sevice for most of the time (band 26) but my LG Flex will rarely get any 4G at home.

Anybody have experience with signal boost antennas and whether they actually help.  i live on the fringe of the 4G area in 93631.  Our Samsung S4 phones will have LTE sevice for most of the time (band 26) but my LG Flex will rarely get any 4G at home.

LTE at home should not be a priority.  As long as home broadband is available, your handsets should be on Wi-Fi for data usage at home.  That gives you a better data experience and removes unnecessary burden from the macro network.

Now, we do understand that weak LTE reception at home can affect incoming calls on tri band handsets.  Options available to you include turning off LTE while at home or possibly using Sprint's Wi-Fi calling feature.

AJ

LTE at home should not be a priority.  As long as home broadband is available, your handsets should be on Wi-Fi for data usage at home.  That gives you a better data experience and removes unnecessary burden from the macro network.

Now, we do understand that weak LTE reception at home can affect incoming calls on tri band handsets.  Options available to you include turning off LTE while at home or possibly using Sprint's Wi-Fi calling feature.

AJ

We do not have broadband at home as we live too far from U-verse or Comcast and my only source for internet is my phone.  So how can you help?  

Anybody have experience with signal boost antennas and whether they actually help. i live on the fringe of the 4G area in 93631. Our Samsung S4 phones will have LTE sevice for most of the time (band 26) but my LG Flex will rarely get any 4G at home.

Make sure the signal booster supports LTE band 25/26 and that's all u need.

Sent from my Nexus 5