Network Vision/LTE - Lower Central Valley Market (Fresno, Bakersfield, Visalia)

aelenes

Kerman has had 800 constantly for the past 2 days, any idea if this means anything.....

Kerman has had 800 voice since around August/September of last year but only kicks in when you make a call.

Kerman has had 800 voice since around August/September of last year but only kicks in when you make a call.

It would come and go, last few days it's been on at all times. I was just hoping that it meant LTE would be coming lol

It would come and go, last few days it's been on at all times. I was just hoping that it meant LTE would be coming lol

If you're outside of town you'll most likely see it come on more often. In town (at least where I live) everything has been the same for the past few months. Last time I heard from Sprint, Kerman is supposed to receive band 41. But that was a couple of months ago...

If you're outside of town you'll most likely see it come on more often. In town (at least where I live) everything has been the same for the past few months. Last time I heard from Sprint, Kerman is supposed to receive band 41. But that was a couple of months ago...

Band 41 is coming. It might take a while, but it'll be here. I saw Band 41 in Fresno about half a mile east of Whole Foods too.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk 3.1.1

My church is 2 blocks south of the Kerman tower.  When I am there it was typical 3G (1900mhz) Service.  I live 5 miles north of Kerman and when I left town my phone (Galaxy s4 non-spark) would switch to 800mhz (voice).  This has been going on now since Sept of 2014.  Near Biola though it does pick up 4gLTE (band 25) in spots from the tower at 99/Polk. 

I can concure though that yesterday while at church it stayed on the 800mhz band while at church and never switched.  I don't know what that means, if anything, but when I last talked to c.s. at Sprint, 2 months back, they informed me that 4g would be coming "within 90 days".  It has been in that status since 2013!  :lol:

Band 41 is coming. It might take a while, but it'll be here. I saw Band 41 in Fresno about half a mile east of Whole Foods too.

I suspect the rooftop site at Shaw/Blackstone has B41 gear, but there's so much up there and visibility is so poor that it's hard to tell.

• 3 weeks later...

So it has been half a month since the last post..... any news in the Lower Valley Section?  I, myself just got back from Downtown Disney with the family.  I was actually surprised that I was on 3G for the most part in the actual park.  I did however enjoy driving back through the valley at 4G speeds for most of the Freeway 99 corridor to Fresno.  ;)

So it has been half a month since the last post..... any news in the Lower Valley Section? I, myself just got back from Downtown Disney with the family. I was actually surprised that I was on 3G for the most part in the actual park. I did however enjoy driving back through the valley at 4G speeds for most of the Freeway 99 corridor to Fresno. ;)

My time in the Lower Central Valley is pretty much at an end. I'll make a trip here and there, but I don't see it happening much anymore.

Yep, the Disney resort is on constant overload, believe it or not it is much, much improved over a year and a half ago. There are some spots in the parks where you can get 4G but only if it's not too crowded. Downtown Disney I have never gotten better than 3G (we go there alot). There aren't any towers near there but just the other side of the freeway there is full Spark coverage (we stayed at the Sheraton over there a couple times). The best coverage is near Katella in California adventure (there are several towers on the roof of the Marriott and the Convention center accross the street). All in all though if it's really crowded it's going to be a tough one! As recently as a year or so ago though the signal was almost non existent throughout the entire resort. At least the 3g mostly kinda works! LOL! It's not just a Sprint issue, it's just overload in general, too many people trying to post to Facebook and twitter all at once would be my guess. Worse comes to worse a Downtown Disney there is decent wifi in the Disney property hotels that is wide open and usable and also at the Starbucks.

Edited by Mikeclar

Yeah, it's tough to cover Disneyland when AT&T is the exclusive carrier with network gear inside the park. It's like covering a city with just towers pointing from outside the city.

The latest RootMetrics report for Fresno is out. While Sprint is still suffering in terms of data due to lack of Spark (still a big improvement vs last time), they are a very solid 2nd place for calling and texting. Score should be nice once 800MHz and 2.5GHz LTE bands are completely rolled out.

In other news, if you live in Fresno you might want to avoid Verizon, the least reliable carrier, especially if you care about making and receiving calls and texts. Can you hear me now?

:frantic:

• Like 2

In other news, if you live in Fresno you might want to avoid Verizon, the least reliable carrier, especially if you care about making and receiving calls and texts. Can you hear me now?

grumpverizon.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah, it's tough to cover Disneyland when AT&T is the exclusive carrier with network gear inside the park. It's like covering a city with just towers pointing from outside the city.

The latest RootMetrics report for Fresno is out. While Sprint is still suffering in terms of data due to lack of Spark (still a big improvement vs last time), they are a very solid 2nd place for calling and texting. Score should be nice once 800MHz and 2.5GHz LTE bands are completely rolled out.

I am glad sprint beat verizon, but a little shocked verizon did so bad. I think sprint is starting to take over the "most reliable network" claim :D

I am glad sprint beat verizon, but a little shocked verizon did so bad. I think sprint is starting to take over the "most reliable network" claim :D

Yeah I was surprised, too. But then I looked at other reports and found out Verizon is also the least reliable carrier in Sacramento, Stockton, and Modesto for voice calling.

http://www.rootmetrics.com/us/rsr/sacramento-ca/2015/1H

http://www.rootmetrics.com/us/rsr/stockton-ca/2015/1H

http://www.rootmetrics.com/us/rsr/modesto-ca/2015/1H

I think Verizon is going to be in a world of hurt when Sprint and T-Mobile finish up converting all towers to LTE, expanding their network footprint, and deploying low band LTE. AT&T has shown they're not afraid to compete on price (especially with Cricket) but Verizon doesn't seem to like that. 

This is just Crap to see in Bakersfield

http://www.rootmetrics.com/us/rsr/bakersfield-ca/2015/1H

Sprint was part of the three way tie for text performance, so you have to give them credit for that.

However, things will improve as more Band 41 shows up.

WOW! I am shocked at those numbers but it confirms what I thought that things are working way, way better. A little faster on the data would be great (especially indoors) but it has gotten to where it is at least mostly usable here in Fresno/Clovis. 

Sprint was part of the three way tie for text performance, so you have to give them credit for that.

Seems like all work for Spark has stooped in town we were supposed to have it before the 1st & no luck with the towers being touched & the east side still has bad coverage I did find 1X800 from the Bluffs & that's it & I only had 3G with it 

• 2 weeks later...

Well, things haven't really improved in my city. Just about every tower has B41, and not much of improvement, at least at mine and my dads place, my moms house data is good. I'll consider it good when I can stream Spotify without hiccups. Sprint was excellent in Florida and San Juan.

Well, things haven't really improved in my city. Just about every tower has B41, and not much of improvement, at least at mine and my dads place, my moms house data is good. I'll consider it good when I can stream Spotify without hiccups. Sprint was excellent in Florida and San Juan.

You live in freaking Detroit.  Why are you posting this in the Lower Central Valley thread?  That market is in California -- about 2000 miles from you.

Another member reported your post as a rant.  More pressingly, though, it is way off topic.  If Sprint performance lags in your market, discuss it in the relevant thread.  You do not need to pour cold water on other threads about markets where Sprint performance may be better.

AJ

• Like 2