aelenes

Network Vision/LTE - Lower Central Valley Market (Fresno, Bakersfield, Visalia)

At the risk of sounding like the boy who cried wolf, I think Sprint has finally lit up the tower at Akers and 198 in Visalia with LTE. I thought they were working on them last January, but as Oedipus pointed out, Sprint's towers were second from the bottom. 

I've seen a sky trak there the last couple weeks, and I can confirm that there are new panels on that rack, and today I am on 4G. I took some Sensorly tracks and speed tests. It's certainly not Spark but still better than 3G. 

Weirdly enough, I have been in Visalia every day this week and I noticed that that tower is indeed upgraded. Took them long enough, jeez.

Pretty Quiet on here nothing New?

Not much. One of the Nextel sites in Visalia is now gone, but that's about it that I found.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk 3.1.1

• Like 1

Has there been any tactics used to speed up NV 1.0 or 2.0 that has been effective?  Or is it that they will get to it in their manner, no matter what.

Calling customer service seems to do nothing.

Any Spark coverage in Fresno? The new coverage map shows Spark in parts of Fresno.

I haven't seen a single set of B41 antennas in Fresno/Clovis, so that map is even more wrong than usual. It actually shows Spark coverage in areas that don't have LTE coverage.

Any Spark coverage in Fresno? The new coverage map shows Spark in parts of Fresno.

I haven't seen a single set of B41 antennas in Fresno/Clovis, so that map is even more wrong than usual. It actually shows Spark coverage in areas that don't have LTE coverage.

The LTE & Spark in Visalia is grossly overstated, so I put less credence into that map than ever before.

Yeah there's definitely something wrong with the new Spark maps. A few days ago it showed Selma and Kingsburg as having Spark (small coverage areas) and it seems like that coverage area blew up 10x as big now to reach Fresno/Clovis. Others are also saying something is up.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/6826-coverage-map-updated-lots-more-spark-and-lte/

I have two questions. Has anyone detected any band 26 / 800MHz LTE anywhere in the Lower Central Valley? Also, is 1900MHz LTE / band 25 already optimized or will it get optimized once 800MHz comes around?

I had 800 very briefly show up in Clovis but not in several months. (like 5 minutes) might have been a test or glitch?

• Like 1

Yeah there's definitely something wrong with the new Spark maps. A few days ago it showed Selma and Kingsburg as having Spark (small coverage areas) and it seems like that coverage area blew up 10x as big now to reach Fresno/Clovis. Others are also saying something is up.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/6826-coverage-map-updated-lots-more-spark-and-lte/

I have two questions. Has anyone detected any band 26 / 800MHz LTE anywhere in the Lower Central Valley? Also, is 1900MHz LTE / band 25 already optimized or will it get optimized once 800MHz comes around?

The southern most portion of the LCV market is blocked doe to proximity to san bernardino county exclusion zone but the rest should have it up by now. They started firing it up here in the UCV in october and almost all sites have it live by now. 

The southern most portion of the LCV market is blocked doe to proximity to san bernardino county exclusion zone but the rest should have it up by now. They started firing it up here in the UCV in october and almost all sites have it live by now.

It hit a ton of sites in January up here.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Here's hoping that Kings County is far enough from San Bernardino County to get some 800MHz LTE love.

Here's hoping that Kings County is far enough from San Bernardino County to get some 800MHz LTE love.

6Attachment A – List of Counties Subject to Waiver Request
Northern California
Alameda
Napa
Alpine Nevada
Amador
Placer
Butte
Plumas
Calaveras
Sacramento
Colusa
San Benito
Contra Costa
San Francisco
Del Norte
San Joaquin
El Dorado
San Mateo
Fresno
Santa Clara
Glenn
Santa Cruz
Humboldt
Shasta
Kings
Sierra Lake
Siskiyou
Lassen
Solano
Madera
Sonoma
Marin
Stanislaus
Mariposa
Sutter
Mendocino
Tehama
Merced
Trinity
Modoc
Tuolumne
Mono
Yolo
Monterey
Yuba
Nevada
Carson City
Lincoln
Churchill
Lyon
Douglas
Mineral
Elko Nye
Esmeralda
Pershing
Eureka
Storey
Humboldt
Washoe
Lander
White Pine

7Attachment B – List of Counties Excluded from Waiver Request
Northern California
Inyo
Tulare
Nevada
Clark

• Like 1

Yes i get band 26 is in fresno in many locations, and same thing for band 41(spark if im not mistaken). The band 41 is only around the shaw and blackstone area and is only for roughly 5-7 blocks north and about the same to the west. My amazon prime videos usually only stream on band 26 at work , if its regular LTE than it is just buffering.

• Like 1

Yes i get band 26 is in fresno in many locations, and same thing for band 41(spark if im not mistaken). The band 41 is only around the shaw and blackstone area and is only for roughly 5-7 blocks north and about the same to the west. My amazon prime videos usually only stream on band 26 at work , if its regular LTE than it is just buffering.

Thanks for the update! That must be why my iPhone 5C gets pretty solid LTE coverage around Fresno recently.

I'm hoping the same for Hanford since LTE is spotty with all towers having 1900MHz LTE, and we could use more capacity during peak times (speeds can get under 1Mbps). Which I guess is good news for Sprint - must be gaining customers here!

The sprint coverage map shows Spark in absolutely all of Fresno and Clovis.....including the areas we know not to have any LTE at all.

• Like 1

I went to Costco in Visalia today and got the following speed on regular 5x5 1900MHz LTE (which maxes out at ~35Mbps). Just goes to show what an amazing job Spark does in offloading traffic off 1900MHz LTE and keeping everyone's speeds (even those of us without Spark) fast. In comparison, Hanford (all towers with 1900MHz LTE / no Spark) I've never seen double digit speeds - much less on a busy weekday afternoon. Very impressed!

KMPdFFN.png

• Like 1

The sprint coverage map shows Spark in absolutely all of Fresno and Clovis.....including the areas we know not to have any LTE at all.

I saw today that the bellaire site is still a GMO, btw.

Looks like LTE is on in Exeter my Wife has iphone 6 and noticed its been on past couple days goes to 3G for a sec then it switches back to LTE.

Got hyped when I saw the new sprint maps showing great Spark coverage but I came on here to see if it was too good to be true, and yup its false and  It shows I'm not in LTE coverage but I have been getting LTE signal...

Got hyped when I saw the new sprint maps showing great Spark coverage but I came on here to see if it was too good to be true, and yup its false and  It shows I'm not in LTE coverage but I have been getting LTE signal...

New LTE sites come online everyday, your more than likely getting Sprint's general 1900MHz LTE coverage.  

Drool!

4a6f304c814b95150b95c0f9dea11f18.jpg

aff399ba13aebf0597fb8a9c182c3727.jpg

12619d2f7b9127de2ca11a7d760f5d06.jpg

• Like 2

Kerman has had 800 constantly for the past 2 days, any idea if this means anything.....

Kerman has had 800 constantly for the past 2 days, any idea if this means anything.....

800 voice or 800 LTE?

800 voice, it has showed up here and there before but never stayed on this long.

800 voice or 800 LTE?