Network Vision/LTE - Lower Central Valley Market (Fresno, Bakersfield, Visalia)

aelenes

Are the Visalia B41 sites converted Wimax or native Sprint? Or both? I haven't been down there in forever. :(

Both. Most are Clearwire conversions and there is at least one is a Sprint B41 upgrade.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Question anyone know why Sensory is showing Sprint Wimax as LTE would that be because they are converting them into Spark speeds or a mess up in the app? Here is what it shows

9fd594229da394efd7764bb26e5ef4f2.jpg

I think its simply an error on the app. I know it used to say 4G under wimax but after an update they simply changed all "4G" options to "LTE". I think there was even an option for 2G only (instead of 2G-3G) as well but I may be mistaking. Its been a while since they changed it.

no more info for Bakersfield? I am enjoying the Spark Speeds in Rosedale & on the other side of Bridge from me speeds are helping me with my downloads since I am using Sprint Free Hotspot Just love never being throttled hope that everyone is enjoying the New Year 

No. I'm amazed Bakersfield even has access to electricity.

LOL! True, but they do still have pro hockey and we've been without for a long time now (and this is a huge deal for me personally), so hats off to them on that!

no more info for Bakersfield? I am enjoying the Spark Speeds in Rosedale & on the other side of Bridge from me speeds are helping me with my downloads since I am using Sprint Free Hotspot Just love never being throttled hope that everyone is enjoying the New Year 

Sprint Free Hotspot? What is this? Did you need to root the phone?

I spent 2 weeks in Fresno over the holidays. I didnt have time to go tower searching, but I did note my service.

I was disappointed. There have been improvements, absolutely,  but not enough.

South Fresno (180 corridor) is still 3G or many, many dead spots. As a passenger in a car, I couldnt pull up google maps directions in a timely manner.

Ate at a vegan mexican place in the Tower (the only one in town of course). Zero signal indoors.

Visited family over by Champlain and Perrin. 3g only indoors, and very slow.

Shaver lake is still a disaster

My moms house still 3G, but that was expected (east Clovis, the Nextel tower)

I tried to add to a lot of the 4G mapping and couldn't....because I couldnt hold onto a 4G signal. The sensorly gaps arent because they havent been mapped, but because the 4G signal doesnt exist.

Yes, the 3G data speed has improved, no more .03 speed tests in most of town....except again, south Fresno (Sunnyside) where the speed test wouldnt even load.

Sprint has a long way to go in the Fresno market before I would recommend them. If I still lived there, I would have had to change companies.

Incidentally, the data speeds at the top of China Peak (top of lift 1) are fantastic. Unsure who the roaming partner is up there, but good job.

Hey guys it's been a while since I posted last but wanted to give an update.  I recently (November 22nd) got a Nexus 6, and it's an amazing phone.  I finally get 1X800 and Sprint Spark where I live, the signal quality still isn't the greatest, but I no longer need the AirRave tower to use my phone inside my house.

Voice Calls are still a bit hit or miss but they don't sound like I'm in a tunnel, and the LTE from the B41 tower is about 5-7MB down and 1-3MB up.

The thing I wanted to show is last Saturday I was at lunch with my wife and my signal was buried and I checked my Signal Check Pro and saw it was -80dbl and when I went for a speed test I got 51.58 down and 6.83 up.  This blew my mind as I had never seen speeds that fast on my own device.  The fastest I've seen is around 20-25MB down.

I also had a Verizon nano sim and put it into the Nexus 6 and it worked beautifully and I did a speed test and got maybe 12MB down compared to the Sprint tower from the same area getting almost 17MB down. 

I have to say that the roll out of Vision in the Visalia area is going well, sure there are a ton of areas that still need improvement but once the whole city gets setup with the Spark it'll be an awesome experience.

• Like 2

I was glad to get back into the LCV tonight. I spent the Afternoon and evening in Santa Barbara/Ventura area, and the network sure has a lot of work to go there, kinda like where this area was just even a year ago.

• Like 1

I was glad to get back into the LCV tonight. I spent the Afternoon and evening in Santa Barbara/Ventura area, and the network sure has a lot of work to go there, kinda like where this area was just even a year ago.

I was surprised that there was zero service on route 1 between Morro Bay and Carmel, not even roaming 1x.

And you have to actually get into Carmel for data